Getting in Touch w/ Gus

steviecheri

I have tried to get in touch also...Want to go with his tour and we will be cruising Dec 17th on Spirit and have not heard from him. So I don't know what to do. I would like to get things for the kids but do not know what would be the best things for them.

My email did not come back to me so, as far as I know I have the correct address.:confused:

I suppose it could always be way more crowded than it was for us, but we went on our first cruise - last year in December (NCL Spirit). I decided to book with Gus, but couldn't get in touch with him beforehand (it was within 2 weeks of the cruise and I had JUST found CC!)

When we got to the port I was terrified that we'd be unable to take the tour, but this was NOT a problem. In fact, we found him so quickly that we waited over an hour for him to get enough people together to go. (This is probably my ONLY complaint - the "wait until we have a full tour" thing that MOST tour companies seem to do. Rest assured, we had a wonderful time with GUS and would certainly Go with Gus again!)

It really seemed like "no reservation? no problem!"

-Sarah

Are any of you on the Coral Princess sailing from ACA to FLL on Nov 29, with a stop in Puerto Quetzal on Monday, Dec 1st?

Does Gus's tours price get reduced depending on the number of passengers?

Thanks

Dona

• 2 weeks later...

Steviecheri, I believe we are on the same cruise as you. We have decided to do the Go with Gus Humanitarian tour, but can't get in touch with Gus. His web site is down as well as his e-mail. It was returned to me. How were you able to contact him?

Thanks,

Ann

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to hear that!

I didn't hear from him before we left, but didn't sweat it and sure enough, we were able to get on the Humanitarian tour with no problems!

For anyone else who wants to GO with GUS and hasn't been able to reach him, just go into the port building in Guatemala and look to your right. His booth is the second-to-last on the right-hand side and his people are SO nice! There was a little old lady there who spoke almost no English, but took one look at my kids and was bringing them hand-made toys (a noise maker with feathers that they both adore!), and other trinkets (the wooden birds and some friendship braclets). Just try and get there around 9 a.m. (give or take) so you can meet up before the tours leave.

He's super-flexible and so wonderful - I can't imagine GOING with anyone else!!

-Sarah

• 3 weeks later...

I contacted Gus using the contact us page on their website with several questions about the humanitarian trip. He called me at home in Texas (using the number I supplied) that night with answers. He did say that sometimes they lose electricity for a couple of days.

Later,

Randall

Archived