Ho Chi Minh with Zoom

snoozecruise

Successfully reached Zoom and reserved his services for a tour to the Cu Chi tunnels in April 2016. My husband is a Vietnam Vet and served in the Infantry in that area during his service. It may be an emotional day for him and I wanted to do a private tour instead of a large tour because of this. It will be my birthday and Zoom promised me a birthday cake. And on top of that, it is a holiday for the independence/reunification of Vietnam.

Thanks for posting so that I could find Zoom. He was very quick to respond and very easy to communicate with regarding the tour. He has a Facebook account, which I have not yet joined but anticipate doing so as the trip gets closer.

• 1 month later...

A great day in Saigon ( HCM ) should be with a coffee stop. Options are Rex Rooftop bar and Caravelle Saigon Saigon bar. For the latter, happy hours are from 4 to 7 pm. For now and next 3 years view from Rex is not perfect due to subway terminal construction site. Option 2 should be considered.

• 9 months later...
A great day in Saigon ( HCM ) should be with a coffee stop. Options are Rex Rooftop bar and Caravelle Saigon Saigon bar. For the latter, happy hours are from 4 to 7 pm. For now and next 3 years view from Rex is not perfect due to subway terminal construction site. Option 2 should be considered.

Majestic hotel fìth-floor cafe also serves good views of Saigon river. Few steps up a panoramic view of the city open with two spikes of Notre Dame de Saigon standing in the skyline.

• 9 months later...
His email = dungzoom at gmail dot com

The period from Jan. 27 to Feb. 6, 2017 is lunar new year festival in Vietnam, TET. Tour cost in this period is higher than normal. Car rental fee up by 30% and guiding fee by 100%.

Flower road on Nguyen Hue blvd. is compensation for high price you have to pay. It will open on Jan. 25. A 600 m-long walk on the flower road should be with a round of coffee on Rex htl's fifth floor Rooftop cafe where you view the boulevard in flower presentation in a distance.

I got this experience from Zoom and sharing it with you as lunar year of the Rooster is coming, Jan. 28, 2017. Certainly you'll find the icon of the year, Rooster, in many samples on the flower road.

Edited by Calisense

Has anyone used him lately for your tour in Siagon?

As we were planning for my partner's shore excursions we received mail from sb. called Zoom but soon we found him "fake". Be aware of fake Zoom.

Real Zoom is nick of Nguyen Tri Dung with eml add. dungzoom@gmail.com and http://www.saigonprivatetour.com

You can search on forums of Celebrity Millenium, HAL Volendam or Diamond Princess to find someone who just toured with Zoom in Saigon.

Edited by Calisense

• 2 months later...

We have just returned from Celebrity Constellation Thailand and Vietnam. We had a wonderful day in HCMC with Dung Zoom. He was very straightforward to deal with via email and paypal. We were a group of 10 and the minivan was very comfortable, he is knowledgeable and clearly very proud of his home country. The tour gave a good overview of the city and we enjoyed a coffee at Rex Hotel and lunch at Pho - to give an idea of the planning he did - he called ahead to the 2 places and they were ready for us - useful on a busy schedule!

I would recommend him highly -try to ignore the earlier poor reviews - he does all tours himself now, is a generous host and is a pleasure to spend the day with.

• 4 weeks later...

I have to echo all the other contributors. We just returned from HCMC and a day with Dung Zoom and it was an awesome day. He was as great as everyone says, and the guide he recommended for a tour to Hoi An was exceptional also. If you are heading in that direction, do yourself a favor and try to get him as your guide.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 1 month later...

Our group of 10 has booked the City Tour (arriving via cruise ship to Phu My in March of 2018) and have been very impressed with Zoom's prompt communications and answering our questions (most of us have never visited Saigon).

His 2017-2018 pricing for the 10 of us in an A/C van, etc. is now $37 USD per person which includes transfers, touring with Zoom and lunch, etc..

One of our travel friends took his tour a few years ago and couldn't say enough of good things about Zoom and the tour itself he provided for the day. We very much look forward to the tour.

I include a link to his site if anyone might be interested in contacting him or have questions..

http://saigonprivatetour.com/wp/?page_id=39

Be well.

Bob:)

We were a group of 17 cruisers off Holland America’sVolendam that took a tour with Zoom in February 2017. IT WAS FANTASTIC. Zoom picked us up at the port in a verycomfortable bus for the drive into Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City). We made a coffee stop at the Rex Hotel andsaw the Ho Chi Minh People’s Committee Building (Ho Chi Minh City Hall). We then drove around the city, (what anexperience with all the motorbikes and scooters), and then toured Thien HauTemple and Ben Thanh Market. We had avery tasty lunch at Pho 2000 and then toured the War Remnants Museum. We had stops at the Reunification Palace,Saigon Notre Dame Cathedral, Central Post Office, and a lacquer ware workshop. We also saw Saigon Square, Opera House, LeLoi Avenue, and the Bitexco Financial Tower.

Our tour was very organized and made the most of our time inSaigon. Zoom was extremely knowledgeable about the history and culture of Saigon and Zoomwas very responsive to all of my emails and very easy to work with whilebooking his tour. We highly recommend Zoom and we will use him again whenwe visit Ho Chi Minh City in the future. There were 17 in our party and we paid $40 each for this fantastictour. Zoom picked us up outside the portgates, so the price of the tour was considerably less than if he had picked usup at the pier.

We had contacted Zoom about booking a tour for our cruise in November after reading the positive reviews. He recently informed us that his prices had been lowered after the initial quote he gave us. This seems like real service when he simply could have not said anything and made more money. I just wanted to post in case anyone was on the fence about using his company. Needless to say we are very excited for this tour.

We are two cruisers using Zoom as tour guide for our City tour in Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon ) on June 23, 2017 from the Majestic Princess. A couple weeks ago Zoom mailed me his new reduced pricelist for this all-day tour in which we would pay only US$95 per person for group of 2 touring Saigon from Phu My port. We decided to go with him for his superb history briefings and feel now even better. You can join us on this tour for this great deal.

Zoom is quite easy to reach and quick at response at dungzoom@gmail.com

We had contacted Zoom about booking a tour for our cruise in November after reading the positive reviews. He recently informed us that his prices had been lowered after the initial quote he gave us. This seems like real service when he simply could have not said anything and made more money. I just wanted to post in case anyone was on the fence about using his company. Needless to say we are very excited for this tour.

Are you on a cruise ship? What day is your tour in November?

I read this entire thread and contacted Zoom with some hesitation due to the less than excellent reviews of tours done when he used affiliate guides. He responded almost immediately and assured me that he hasn't used affiliated guides in the past couple of years which is born out by recent reviews.

We are looking forward to a wonderful tour. Will post a review after we return.

Just wanted to say that Zoom was highly recommended by a friend of mine who toured with him earlier this year. I have organized two tours with him for next April & have been very pleased with his prompt responses & the prices quoted for the tours in Ho Chi Minh City & Nga Trang. I also was given an updated price list which is US$49 for a group of 6 doing a Saigon city tour from Phu My port. I'm really looking forward to having a great time in Vietnam on his tours.

I am joining a 6 pax group on September 8, 2017 with Zoom. The cost of Ho Chi Minh city tour from Phu My reduces depending on the numbers participating. Now that there are 6 people the price has reduced to US$49 per person.

• 2 weeks later...

We had the pleasure of hiring Zoom for a June 23, 2017 tour of Ho Chi Minh City. He met our cruise ship, the Majestic Princess, at Phu My. Our all day tour took us to the highlights of the city including stops for Vietnamese coffee and lunch. Zoom was outstanding in describing the historical events of the region. Price was very reasonable. I would recommend him for his knowledge of Vietnam.

• 1 month later...