Pullmantur a few questions

glittergal1

Hadnt really thought of these as a line to look at but they are offering some good value deals however the website has very little info on it.

Ive just a couple of questions

gratuities do you need to pay these? and how much are they?

I also read somewhere that toilet paper needed to be put in bins is this true ?

looking at Horizon to the Canaries

Hi, we've just book a weeks med cruise and gratuities are being quoted at $100/€70 for the week per person

Hadnt really thought of these as a line to look at but they are offering some good value deals however the website has very little info on it.

The only ship where we were advised to not flush toilet paper was the Pullmantur Zenith, even though we had a royal suite. Apparently the vacuum flush system is under powered on that ship, probably due to age. We traveled on the Horizon several years ago when it was called the Pacific Dream and there were no advisories about toilet paper flushing then. The Horizon is, however, the sister ship to the Zenith.

Hi glittergal, I've also booked a Cannery Island cruise in Horizon for March 18. From the information I've received from Pullmantur/Fred gratuity is not included in my all inclusive cruise and again was told €70pp for our 7 day cruise. I would also be so grateful if you would consider posting a review or even posting your impressions on this msg board if indeed your cruise is before mine. I've booked a suite and would like to have someone post their impressions overall.

Sent from my HUAWEI LYO-L01 using Forums mobile app

The only ship where we were advised to not flush toilet paper was the Pullmantur Zenith, even though we had a royal suite. Apparently the vacuum flush system is under powered on that ship, probably due to age. We traveled on the Horizon several years ago when it was called the Pacific Dream and there were no advisories about toilet paper flushing then. The Horizon is, however, the sister ship to the Zenith.

Hi Plato 123,

I would like your impression if the royal suite and what's included. Zenith is the sister ship of Horizon and I've a royal suite 1103 booked for our cruise next Mar.

Just booked Zenith for 10/21 sailing out of Santo Domingo. Cabin #1107. Hoping for something a little different. Have sailed MSC and loved it, but this was a great deal and a new itinerary (for us). I think Vacations to Go are the main US agency.

Hi glittergal, I've also booked a Cannery Island cruise in Horizon for March 18. From the information I've received from Pullmantur/Fred gratuity is not included in my all inclusive cruise and again was told €70pp for our 7 day cruise. I would also be so grateful if you would consider posting a review or even posting your impressions on this msg board if indeed your cruise is before mine. I've booked a suite and would like to have someone post their impressions overall.

Hello dont think we will book now because adding on the costs for gratuities, transfers and getting to Gatwick (only airport offered ) now makes the cruise too expensive

Hi Plato 123,

I would like your impression if the royal suite and what's included. Zenith is the sister ship of Horizon and I've a royal suite 1103 booked for our cruise next Mar.

The best part was the size of the royal suite. Lots of room to stretch out. The bathroom was big with two sinks but a little dark. The 42" flat screen TV was designed to retract into a partition wall but that was not working so it remained in the open position all the time. The furnishings were showing their age but were still comfortable. We had problems with our door lock but that was repaired quickly, by replacing the entire unit. The balcony was fairly large but rendered almost useless for part of the day as it was water logged because when washing down the deck above the suite the water pooled on our balcony and left a small lake that was vacuumed up almost daily.

The clothes closet was very small but there were lots of drawers in the main suite. There is a curtain that can be closed to separate the sleeping area from the main suite.

being in a royal suite does have benefits such as a tour of the bridge in a very small group as well as bubbly every day in the room. You also have access to the Waves Yacht Club and its private deck area for getting some sun with almost nobody around you and you also get free internet as well as free premium drinks packages.

I expect that the arrangements on the Horizon would be similar.