Crown nightmare

Drill2dk

Just got back from crown and it's was not pretty. Let me start by saying this is 6 princess cruise and 25 in total. So I have been on many ships and had lots of experience. Let's see I will start with embarkation, did not get on the ship until after 3pm due to Nero virus. Ok. Then ran into rough seas almost the whole trip. Mostly bad weather on this trip. This is not princess fault. However due to Nero virus on past cruise and on ours, I felt like we were on lock down. The buffet you could not touch the food, and they would give u one or two of something, if you asked for more they seemed annoyed. The staff was unpleasant in general due to being over worked due to outbreak. The captain said it's a cruise and these things happen. People were mistakenly being quarantined for having sea sickness due to abnormally rough seas. One child we ran into had thrown up after rough seas. Parents notified medical staff and they said they thought it was nero and they had to stay in his room for 48 hrs. They child never threw up again and no symptoms. Look if pay for something, they should make every effort for it to run smooth. Not a witch hunt because they can't stop the spread and there is panic among the staff.

If they can't deal with the outbreak, they should cancel the cruise. Take 24 hrs and clean the ship I would rather it been can cancelled, could make other

plan, instead of feeling trapped on a sick ship.

I think princess needs to change policy's, remember that this is vacation. Things happen, but they need to deal better. The captain also made announcements about the Gail force wind warning saying he had not seen this in 20yrs in the caribbean. This caused panic among passengers. The store were sold out of sea sickness meds. People were talking about 20 foot waves. I think it was not needed to bring panic to passenger. There are ways to say things. Well it just my take on thing. Me I think I'm done with princess. I think royal give and tries more. I have noticed changes on princess since they have been bought by carnival.

Sound like a tough break, with bad weather and the noro-outbreak, but IMO absolutely nothing you posted is Princess's fault.

Unforutately sometimes bad things happen during a cruise, weather and illness are a couple of them, so are missed ports, medical diversions, mechanical problems,and any of the other unforseen problems that come with sailing the worlds oceans. Surely as someone who's cruised 25 times you must know that these things happen, and are no way the fault of the cruiseline you happened to be on when these sorts of things go wrong.

So run to RCCL if you want, but I'm sure if you move over to the RCCL boards here, you'll read and hear of the exact same things as you posted there too.

Sorry for your bad cruise, but IMO you're pointing the finger in the wrong direction

Srpilo

The ship isn't sick; the passengers are, and it can happen on any ship on any line. I'm sorry you chose to have a bad time on your cruise, but that's on you, not Princess. Doesn't sound like you got sick, doesn't sound like anything bad happened to you beyond the fact that you couldn't load up your plate at the buffet to your liking. If you think that Royal is going to handle bad weather and norovirus outbreaks any better, by all means, off you go. Have fun.

I'm sorry the cruise wasn't as good as you had hoped, but nothing is guaranteed.

If nothing was said about the weather or done to try and control noro, people would have panicked anyway. The staff was in a no win scenario.

BTW: If you didn't like the service in the buffet, why did you eat there?

People ask for opinion and then get mad when state against there brand. It's my info don't take to heart, it's nothing against u personally. Don't feel like your being attacked, because I did not have a good time on my vacation. It's my info. You can do with it whatever u want. Don't hate, just makes people not want to give there honest opinion.

I hesitate to write on these boards because of some of the previous responses. We also just got off of the Crown and had a really poor cruise. The staff was unpleasant...our dinners took almost 3 hours, our waiters were incredibly inept...couldn't handle the groups and waiting so long made for a very long evening. The room steward actually argued with me when I asked for an egg crate and top sheet...said I should have done it online. I actually had called princess and they told me to ask the steward. I questioned that too because it would cause him to have to remake the beds...but I was told this was standard. The overall attitude of the staff was negative. No smiles, no humor, no fun! Not the usual Princess way. Yes, the weather was bad, not Princess' fault. Yes, the noro was not fun to deal with, but was manageable. But boarding at 4:15 and then needing to talk to the d.room staff...we showed up at 4:35 and were told to come back after 6 pm because at 4:30 they were done and we missed the time frame. We explained that we were just now boarding due to the noro cleanup and they said it was not their problem...they were there waiting for us since 2pm. No kidding...really? We sat in a hall for 5 hours and they are giving us attitude about helping with our dining situation over 5 minutes when the maitre de was standing right there and available to help us? It is the attitude of the staff for the whole trip....so, I agree with the original poster, it was not Princess' finest hour and then not to do something nice for the passengers...a free drink coupon? In addition, no one mentioned the 1 hour wait for the tender ticket, 45 minute wait for a tender to Princess Cays, 30 minutes waiting for the tender to leave the ship...we arrive at 2pm, then they say the buffet is closed! No kidding...Princess has 2 tenders not working and won't leave the buffet open any later? It is the attitude. We didn't cause the tenders to not work, or to have to wait in line for an hour to get a ticket? Please don't judge so harshly unless you were there. We aren't making this up. It was a stressful week...not exactly escaping completely!

Sorry that the OP decided those things created such a "nightmare" for them. The seas get rough & people get sick so cruiselines will error on the side of caution not knowing if it was norovirus or sea sickness. As far as running out of motion sickness meds, it's foolish for anyone to go to sea without it just in case it's necessary so I can't blame Princess for unprepared passengers. If someone is feeling sick, the prudent thing to do is to stay in bed & not sharing it with others onboard.

I have no way to know how many were affected by norovirus but generally a big outbreak affects less than 10% of passengers & the OP advocates cancelling a cruise??? :eek:

I have hundreds of days at sea between cruising & some time in the Navy. The sea can be a miserable place to be in bad weather & there's only so much that can be done to deal with it.

It's certainly not a cruise anyone would want to experience but that's a risk I take without blaming any cruiseline for things out if their control which for some turns it into a "nightmare" cruise.

If Princess no longer provides the cruise the OP desires, hope the OP enjoys Royal I but don't think the situation on this cruise would be handled differently on any other cruiseline.

We are back in our cabin after a terrible dinner but it wasn't the fault of Princess. Our favorite head waiter is on the Crown now and seated us at a great window table in the back corner. There was a table of 14 plus another 6 of their children at the next table. They were so loud that we couldn't hear what our waitress was saying and we couldn't talk to each other. We went at 7:30 and ate as fast as we could and left at 8:30 and these people were still going strong. Found out from our friend that they came in at 5:30 - he was very upset when we told him what happened - he said tomorrow will be much better.

I know large groups are loud and these people figured they paid for their cruise and wanted to have a good time But it really made it a lousy Christmas dinner for us. There were many other things that weren't up to the normal standard but I know that was because of the extra cleaning. I do hope service improves. There are many people that were very unhappy today.

There were some positive things but I keep getting dropped from the internet - this is the third time I typed it.

Hope everyone is having a Merry Christmas.

I was on the same cruise 12/17 - 12/24 and have to say that I disagree with most of the negative comments.....note....most of the negative comments.

Yes, boarding was delayed a couple of hours, yes it was due to the Norovirus outbreak the week before. Yes the waves were rough, was it raining the whole time at sea....no, it wasn't. It rained in Curacao off and on and in Aruba most of the day....Weather is not a cruiselines fault.....not saying that you blamed the cruiseline, but the slant was in that direction. Yes, tendering into Princess Cays was horrendous but wasn't the end of the world. My goodness, the only thing food wise you couldn't get on the ship was a hot dog and hamburger.......too bad......the pizza was great that day! And before you flame me for this......we waited 45 minutes in the dining room for our tender number to be called and gave up. We chose not to let that ruin our trip.

Yes, we weren't able to serve ourselves in the buffet or anywhere else for that matter (read into this, the dining room and the specialty restaurants), but when served in the buffet, if we received less than we wanted, we simply smiled and asked for more....it wasn't a problem and no attitude was felt by any of the staff. They work hard on a regular day so the added duties of serving an ungrateful passenger in some cases......well, don't get me started....they deserve more pay than what they were getting. We have cruised 18 times over 5 different lines.....6 of them being on Princess and this was our first time experiencing the Norovirus outbreak. We never ran into a staff member in a bad mood or for that matter a passenger giving a staff member a hard time......thank goodness, otherwise I might have said something to the rude passenger for being rude and I'm not normally that way.

One poster said something about if there is a certain percentage of passengers sick, then they should cancel the cruise. On one hand I agree with that, the other hand I don't. I like the idea of having a week where they have time to completely sanitize the ship to eradicate the germs.....I also see that it would be completely against any financial sense to do that. Yeah, that sounds bad....I agree...but you have to try to look at both sides.

We always bring the wipes for sanitizing our hands/surfaces on every cruise and this one was no different. When we got to our cabin, we wiped every handle, door knob, button, switch and surface we could think of, twice.....if anything, it made us feel better. We also took caution in pressing the elevator buttons (with our elbows) and didn't eat until we could wash our hands. So imagine........, opening our cabin door (using the handle), then pressing the elevator button.......reaching the Horizon Court. We have to run our hands under the Purell hand sanitizer station, and are handed the silverware and a plate. We then go station to station and tell the crew person what we want and how much and then find a table. We sit down and wait for the server to come and take our drink order (even if its plain ice water)......we then take turns and go wash our hands in the public restroom (doors have been propped open) and then come back to eat. Is that such a terrible thing? Geez, took all of an extra 5 minutes in total.....do that multiple times over a cruise and I can see that perhaps a grand total of 30 minutes over the week was spent being cautious and prudent. I think its worth it, no matter how much you spent on this cruise, no matter how far you traveled......did you ever think that perhaps you might have caught the virus while you were on the plane, or in the rest area on the drive to the port or perhaps in your hotel room and it manifested itself while on board?

So, while there have been a few very negative reviews of this cruise so far.......I wanted to add that there is at least one pretty good review.

Oh, and as far as the captain inciting panic amongst the passengers for his comments about the GALE force winds and it not being like this in 20 yrs......yes, he said those things, but when he made that announcement, I was on the lido deck by the pool and I can safely say that with the probably 400 people around at that time (noon)......none of them panicked.....in fact, I would say that none of them noticed as they were swimming, drinking and eating to even give any concern to what he was saying.

No one has mentioned (at the time I am writing this post) that the first formal night show in the main theater was canceled due to the rough seas.......did that ruin your cruise? I don't think so......it was also a safety measure for the entertainers. When a cruiseline (ANY cruiseline) has to do a 360 degree change in their published plans due to weather......they are making every attempt to keep everyone happy......which they know as well as most people with common sense know...you can't please everyone all the time.

The original OP replied to some comments and said basically don't hate because you weren't there and that they are entitled to their opinion. Well, I agree, don't hate, they are entitled to their opinion, but there were others on the same cruise with a different experience and the other experiences should be heard too.

I do feel bad for those that became ill during the cruise because I know that they were confined to their cabins and that isn't fun for anyone. I know they they saved for a long time and made special plans, like the newlywed couple who got married during the first sea day and were so sick that night that they were confined to their cabin (for the worst reasons).......can you imagine your honeymoon spent being sick? Yeah, they'll talk about this for years to come but I hope they don't blame the cruiseline.

If you are still reading this opinion of mine.......I can say we had a really nice cruise, yes the seas were rough and our cabin shaked like crazy for a total 4 days of the 7 day cruise but we made the most of it. The crew we experienced were pleasant and missing their families so we tried to be more friendly to them during what has to be a really hard time for them.

Again, please don't flame anyone for posting their opinions.....we don't always have to agree with everything.....sometimes we just have to agree to disagree and for me, this is one of them. While I'm sure for the original poster it was the worst, for me it was very nice.

Michelle

One of the things I love about cruising is the motion of the sea. The more, the better. :) I feel badly for those who aren't able to enjoy this as much as I do but when you're on a ship, it's not unusual. If its going to bother you, perhaps a cruise is not the right vacation for you.

I also feel badly for those who think they have seasickness and are confined to their cabin because it could be Noro. What if it really is Noro? How can you be so certain it isn't? Would you really want them walking around the ship, mingling with other passengers? I'd much rather cruiselines (and they all have similar policies) be safe than sorry, particularly when an outbreak has happened.

No matter what the cruise, the ship, the itinerary or ports, two people on the same cruise will have polar opposite experiences and opinions. Some will think their cruise is "ruined" if something minor happens, others will enjoy themselves no matter what.

I was on the same cruise 12/17 - 12/24 and have to say that I disagree with most of the negative comments.....note....most of the negative comments.

Michelle

I agree with this I for one like the rock and roll of the high sea's. But one man's bad curies is another's best cruise ever...

I was on Diamond to Alaska the week after she ran aground. We boarded 1/2 a day late, had a large noro outbreak, a mutiny of 200 pax and lost 2 out of 4 ports and just for good measure 70mph cross winds and 28' seas.

I had a great time, the fact that servers put my food on my plate at the buffet never even phased me, why should it? Who cares if they might or might not be annoyed that they put three plops of scalloped potatoes on my plate? No such issue in the MDR anyway.

A good cruise is nearly always a state of mind, so is a bad one.

One poster said something about if there is a certain percentage of passengers sick, then they should cancel the cruise. On one hand I agree with that, the other hand I don't. I like the idea of having a week where they have time to completely sanitize the ship to eradicate the germs

The norovirus does not magically appear on a ship. It is brought aboard, usually unknowningly by passengers.

Sanitizing a ship for a week or even longer will not have any effect if the next group of passengers includes some who have the virus and have not yet shown any symptoms.

Not just for cruise ships: http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=71

The ship isn't sick; the passengers are, and it can happen on any ship on any line. I'm sorry you chose to have a bad time on your cruise, but that's on you, not Princess. Doesn't sound like you got sick, doesn't sound like anything bad happened to you beyond the fact that you couldn't load up your plate at the buffet to your liking. If you think that Royal is going to handle bad weather and norovirus outbreaks any better, by all means, off you go. Have fun.

Sorry that the OP decided those things created such a "nightmare" for them. The seas get rough & people get sick so cruiselines will error on the side of caution not knowing if it was norovirus or sea sickness. As far as running out of motion sickness meds, it's foolish for anyone to go to sea without it just in case it's necessary so I can't blame Princess for unprepared passengers. If someone is feeling sick, the prudent thing to do is to stay in bed & not sharing it with others onboard.

I have no way to know how many were affected by norovirus but generally a big outbreak affects less than 10% of passengers & the OP advocates cancelling a cruise??? :eek:

I have hundreds of days at sea between cruising & some time in the Navy. The sea can be a miserable place to be in bad weather & there's only so much that can be done to deal with it.

It's certainly not a cruise anyone would want to experience but that's a risk I take without blaming any cruiseline for things out if their control which for some turns it into a "nightmare" cruise.

If Princess no longer provides the cruise the OP desires, hope the OP enjoys Royal I but don't think the situation on this cruise would be handled differently on any other cruiseline.

Yes, boarding was delayed a couple of hours, yes it was due to the Norovirus outbreak the week before. Yes the waves were rough, was it raining the whole time at sea....no, it wasn't. It rained in Curacao off and on and in Aruba most of the day....Weather is not a cruiselines fault.....not saying that you blamed the cruiseline, but the slant was in that direction. Yes, tendering into Princess Cays was horrendous but wasn't the end of the world. My goodness, the only thing food wise you couldn't get on the ship was a hot dog and hamburger.......too bad......the pizza was great that day! And before you flame me for this......we waited 45 minutes in the dining room for our tender number to be called and gave up. We chose not to let that ruin our trip.

Yes, we weren't able to serve ourselves in the buffet or anywhere else for that matter (read into this, the dining room and the specialty restaurants), but when served in the buffet, if we received less than we wanted, we simply smiled and asked for more....it wasn't a problem and no attitude was felt by any of the staff. They work hard on a regular day so the added duties of serving an ungrateful passenger in some cases......well, don't get me started....they deserve more pay than what they were getting. We have cruised 18 times over 5 different lines.....6 of them being on Princess and this was our first time experiencing the Norovirus outbreak. We never ran into a staff member in a bad mood or for that matter a passenger giving a staff member a hard time......thank goodness, otherwise I might have said something to the rude passenger for being rude and I'm not normally that way.

One poster said something about if there is a certain percentage of passengers sick, then they should cancel the cruise. On one hand I agree with that, the other hand I don't. I like the idea of having a week where they have time to completely sanitize the ship to eradicate the germs.....I also see that it would be completely against any financial sense to do that. Yeah, that sounds bad....I agree...but you have to try to look at both sides.

We always bring the wipes for sanitizing our hands/surfaces on every cruise and this one was no different. When we got to our cabin, we wiped every handle, door knob, button, switch and surface we could think of, twice.....if anything, it made us feel better. We also took caution in pressing the elevator buttons (with our elbows) and didn't eat until we could wash our hands. So imagine........, opening our cabin door (using the handle), then pressing the elevator button.......reaching the Horizon Court. We have to run our hands under the Purell hand sanitizer station, and are handed the silverware and a plate. We then go station to station and tell the crew person what we want and how much and then find a table. We sit down and wait for the server to come and take our drink order (even if its plain ice water)......we then take turns and go wash our hands in the public restroom (doors have been propped open) and then come back to eat. Is that such a terrible thing? Geez, took all of an extra 5 minutes in total.....do that multiple times over a cruise and I can see that perhaps a grand total of 30 minutes over the week was spent being cautious and prudent. I think its worth it, no matter how much you spent on this cruise, no matter how far you traveled......did you ever think that perhaps you might have caught the virus while you were on the plane, or in the rest area on the drive to the port or perhaps in your hotel room and it manifested itself while on board?

So, while there have been a few very negative reviews of this cruise so far.......I wanted to add that there is at least one pretty good review.

Oh, and as far as the captain inciting panic amongst the passengers for his comments about the GALE force winds and it not being like this in 20 yrs......yes, he said those things, but when he made that announcement, I was on the lido deck by the pool and I can safely say that with the probably 400 people around at that time (noon)......none of them panicked.....in fact, I would say that none of them noticed as they were swimming, drinking and eating to even give any concern to what he was saying.

No one has mentioned (at the time I am writing this post) that the first formal night show in the main theater was canceled due to the rough seas.......did that ruin your cruise? I don't think so......it was also a safety measure for the entertainers. When a cruiseline (ANY cruiseline) has to do a 360 degree change in their published plans due to weather......they are making every attempt to keep everyone happy......which they know as well as most people with common sense know...you can't please everyone all the time.

The original OP replied to some comments and said basically don't hate because you weren't there and that they are entitled to their opinion. Well, I agree, don't hate, they are entitled to their opinion, but there were others on the same cruise with a different experience and the other experiences should be heard too.

I do feel bad for those that became ill during the cruise because I know that they were confined to their cabins and that isn't fun for anyone. I know they they saved for a long time and made special plans, like the newlywed couple who got married during the first sea day and were so sick that night that they were confined to their cabin (for the worst reasons).......can you imagine your honeymoon spent being sick? Yeah, they'll talk about this for years to come but I hope they don't blame the cruiseline.

If you are still reading this opinion of mine.......I can say we had a really nice cruise, yes the seas were rough and our cabin shaked like crazy for a total 4 days of the 7 day cruise but we made the most of it. The crew we experienced were pleasant and missing their families so we tried to be more friendly to them during what has to be a really hard time for them.

Again, please don't flame anyone for posting their opinions.....we don't always have to agree with everything.....sometimes we just have to agree to disagree and for me, this is one of them. While I'm sure for the original poster it was the worst, for me it was very nice.

Michelle

All, well said!!!

Hi All

First the OP has ever right to post, tell us their view, its up to us

to decide what to do with the information given.

While we may have a thread with a few folk posting about the same cruise

one saying the cruise from hell the other the best ever, there is nothing

wrong with this, it is there view.

May be we need mods to start deleting any post that attacks a writer

it is easy to post that you have a different view there is no need

to call each other names etc.

Have saied with noro a few times, been delayed boarding as ship got cleaned,

bow some might recall a live thread I did from a ship,

many were posting the cruise from hell, we had noro bad,

engines broke down late in early out of port as we ran on reduced power,

then we had a choice air con etc or more speed ship could not produce enough power for ever thing.

anyone I posted most days about what actualy was happening what captain was telling us etc, now it was not a great cruise.

When over we met folks at a hotel leaving as we were arriving we spotted their bags had Princess tags, so we chatted, they were going onto the ship we just got off, they said they had been following the live thread

were going to cancel but after reading posts from shogun thought it was

still worth going, these folks posted from the cruise saying not 100% perfect but they knew what to expect and it was still a good cruise.

So my view is we should post our thoughts our views, but we should try and make them as fair acurate as possible.

Merry Christmas all

yours shogun

just got back from crown and it's was not pretty. Let me start by saying this is 6 princess cruise and 25 in total. So i have been on many ships and had lots of experience. Let's see i will start with embarkation, did not get on the ship until after 3pm due to nero virus. Ok. Then ran into rough seas almost the whole trip. Mostly bad weather on this trip. This is not princess fault. However due to nero virus on past cruise and on ours, i felt like we were on lock down. The buffet you could not touch the food, and they would give u one or two of something, if you asked for more they seemed annoyed. The staff was unpleasant in general due to being over worked due to outbreak. The captain said it's a cruise and these things happen. People were mistakenly being quarantined for having sea sickness due to abnormally rough seas. One child we ran into had thrown up after rough seas. Parents notified medical staff and they said they thought it was nero and they had to stay in his room for 48 hrs. They child never threw up again and no symptoms. Look if pay for something, they should make every effort for it to run smooth. Not a witch hunt because they can't stop the spread and there is panic among the staff.

If they can't deal with the outbreak, they should cancel the cruise. Take 24 hrs and clean the ship i would rather it been can cancelled, could make other

plan, instead of feeling trapped on a sick ship.

I think princess needs to change policy's, remember that this is vacation. Things happen, but they need to deal better. The captain also made announcements about the gail force wind warning saying he had not seen this in 20yrs in the caribbean. This caused panic among passengers. The store were sold out of sea sickness meds. People were talking about 20 foot waves. I think it was not needed to bring panic to passenger. There are ways to say things. Well it just my take on thing. Me i think i'm done with princess. I think royal give and tries more. I have noticed changes on princess since they have been bought by carnival.

it seems that two crown princess ships sailed from fl on dec. 17. I was on the one with you..and am speechless that people would imply that you are making things up....distorting them. 3,000 people were on that ship..and ones i spoke to...were on our ship.

The other crown...where the cruise was perfect..or close too it...we missed that boat.

Get real. There were too many people on the crown for this silly attacking of people who post the truth to be taken seriously by anyone. I started a thread above this one about flaming folks. Why have a message board if only cheerleaders are allowed to coo and praise?????....what i consider a breakdown in something on the crown. The staff...dining room rude. If you asked for salt..you felt like you asked for dope. Don't get me started.

I have never posted a bad review of a ship in 20 cruises. If i post one here...no way will i not discribe my experience.

I felt like princess threw our cruise...to have things better for the more expensive christmas and new year's cruise. We were treated like caged inmates. I bet my dh and i spend more in a year of cruising that most on those two voyages do on single or btb cruises.

Bad personnel management. Bad decision. I was so happy to get off of that boat...i would like to tell the ceo of princess a thing or too..and did in the limited survey e-mail they sent. AND WE KNEW A DAY AHEAD OF THE CRUISE THERE WAS NORVO...SO ..AFTER THE DOG IS BOARDED...PAPER CANCELLED..MONEY SPENT WITH NO REFUND...WE ARE TO CANCEL THE CRUISE? MAYBE MOVIE STARS AND MILLIONAIRES DO THAT..ORDINARY PEOPLE WHO BUDGET TO CRUISE..DON'T HAVE THAT KIND OF MONEY TO THROW AWAY. GET REAL. COME OUT OF THOSE SUITES. EAT IN THE MDR INSTEAD OF THE EXCLUSIVE DINING CLUBS. WERE THEY OPEN TO ALL OF YOU FOR ALL THREE MEALS? I HEARD THAT..BUT DON'T KNOW IF IT WAS TRUE..TO "PROTECT" VALUED PASSENGERS?

can't deal with the outbreak, they should cancel the cruise.

Then, we'd have a bunch of posts here

"CROWN NIGHTMARE

I planned my honeymoon cruise for a year, flew to Ft. Lauderdale,

and was ready to board Crown Princess --- when Princess cancelled

the cruise. Other cruise lines are able to sanitize their ships, and

maintain their schedules -- why not princess????

I'm done with Princess."

Often when something goes wrong, the solution is a compromise.

One of the things I love about cruising is the motion of the sea. The more, the better. :) I feel badly for those who aren't able to enjoy this as much as I do but when you're on a ship, it's not unusual. If its going to bother you, perhaps a cruise is not the right vacation for you.

This is sort of harsh. There is normal sea sickness for those who get during normal seas and really rough seas.

I have been on ships where 1/3 of the staff is sick from sea sickness as the water is really rough. These people sail 200 days a year but there are times when the sea gets so rough, it affects them also. I have seen evening dining rooms empty as most of the ship is sick from the sea.

I spoke with a friend on this sailing who usually doesn't get sea sick and she couldn't eat one day because of this.

While I like the feel of being at sea, I don't like rough water like this when they put barf bags through out the ship and staff can't work because they are sick also.

This is sort of harsh. There is normal sea sickness for those who get during normal seas and really rough seas.

I have been on ships where 1/3 of the staff is sick from sea sickness as the water is really rough. These people sail 200 days a year but there are times when the sea gets so rough, it affects them also. I have seen evening dining rooms empty as most of the ship is sick from the sea.

I spoke with a friend on this sailing who usually doesn't get sea sick and she couldn't eat one day because of this.

While I like the feel of being at sea, I don't like rough water like this when they put barf bags through out the ship and staff can't work because they are sick also.

I guess I've just been very lucky as I've been on ships in extremely rough conditions before stabilizers were invented and never felt a twinge.

I've had Noro on a cruise and it's not fun. It was a 10-day cruise and I was sick for four days and very weak for another two so essentially, I missed half of the cruise that I spent thousands on. I appreciated that they cleaned my cabin 2x a day and that I could order food. Even if the soup arrived cold and too salty, I was just happy I could keep it down. I didn't mind staying in my cabin and actually didn't want to leave.

People ask for opinion and then get mad when state against there brand. It's my info don't take to heart, it's nothing against u personally. Don't feel like your being attacked, because I did not have a good time on my vacation. It's my info. You can do with it whatever u want. Don't hate, just makes people not want to give there honest opinion.

Firstly, giving an honest opinion requires one to be prepared for debate and rebuttal and possibly admit their assumptions, preconceptions and assignment of blame and responsibility were wrong. Opinion is by nature personal and requires a thick skin. So, yes you are correct, people that can't take reasoned criticism and ignore unreasoned responses should not bother posting.

Secondly, it seems several people that have started topics or shared their onboard experience on this cruise wrongly interpret critical responses to their description of events as accusing them of exaggeration or lies, which from my read is simply wrong. What I have read, and included in my own responses, is the attitude and blame-making assumptions that are off the mark.

then, we'd have a bunch of posts here

"crown nightmare

i planned my honeymoon cruise for a year, flew to ft. Lauderdale,

and was ready to board crown princess --- when princess cancelled

the cruise. Other cruise lines are able to sanitize their ships, and

maintain their schedules -- why not princess????

I'm done with princess."

often when something goes wrong, the solution is a compromise.

totally agree. A voucher or proceed after being warned. Good post.

Archived