late flight from FLL

momx8

We are cruising out of Miami on the NCL sky and have a late, 4:30, flight home from FLL. Does anyone have any suggestions of how to spend the time other than sitting in the airport. There are 4 of us and therefore a fair amount of luggage. Thanks.

I've done an excursion to the everglades through NCL that dropped me off at FLL. Put the luggage on the bus, did the tour, dropped off at the airport.

Other alternative would be to rent a large vehicle and do what you want with the day.

We are cruising out of Miami on the NCL sky and have a late, 4:30, flight home from FLL. Does anyone have any suggestions of how to spend the time other than sitting in the airport. There are 4 of us and therefore a fair amount of luggage. Thanks.

Spend the day on the beach in South Beach and/or have lunch on Ocean Drive. One of the best places for people watching in the world.

Or.....you will want to be at FLL no later than 3 pm for the 4:30 departure probably. Just take your time getting off the ship (out of room by 9, off ship by 10). Have a nice breakfast and take it slow. FLL is about 40 minutes after you've cleared customs, collected baggage, and in your mode of transportation.

We had a 3:30 flight home from FLL. We found out at the airport that they do not allow you to go through security until 2 hours before your flight. Outside of security, there are no restaurants, bars, very little seating, etc. We got there very early, and it truly sucked. No matter what you do, do something, or you might be sitting on a floor leaning against a wall for a few hours with nothing to eat or drink for lunch.

For the folks that have done the Everglades tour, do you recall what time you arrived at the airport?

Thanks,

Rochelle

I think we got there 1ish... for some reason im thinking it was 1250pm

We had a 3:30 flight home from FLL. We found out at the airport that they do not allow you to go through security until 2 hours before your flight. Outside of security, there are no restaurants, bars, very little seating, etc. We got there very early, and it truly sucked. No matter what you do, do something, or you might be sitting on a floor leaning against a wall for a few hours with nothing to eat or drink for lunch.

It was 4 hrs for checking luggage and going thru security.

DId this recently change?

I do agree nothing to do outside of security

Edited by jonbgd

We did the Everglades excursion and then to Ft. L airport. It was one of the best excursions we did. The trip out the guide talked all about Miami and the area. She was great. And then we did the air boats. So much fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It was 4 hrs for checking luggage and going thru security.

DId this recently change?

I do agree nothing to do outside of security

You know, I think you are right. It might have been 4 hours, not 2 as I said. But still... We managed to get there, check luggage at the curb right away (didn't have to wait at all for that), and were settled in before 9:00am. That made for a loooong wait before getting through security. I'm not good at math, so I will swear we sat there for 10 hours (at least it felt like it.) ;)

Thanks for this.

I was thinking about booking this excursion for us but it says for flights after 4:30. Our flight is at 3:30. I think this could still be doable as I will check in online before hand and there should still be ample time.

Where do they keep your luggage while you are on the tour?

Rochelle

They keep the luggage in the storage space under the bus. We took that tour and it dropped us off at FLL right around 1 pm. Our flight was at 4 and we had plenty of time. It was a good tour and a fun way to pass the day.