Nellie's Cabana question...

missemo12345

So I have my over the water cabana booked..Just double checking from what I have read one person books and the remainder in my party total of 4 can use the cabana? As to lunch from what I have read the cabana lunch is a bit upgraded for Nellie's cabana quest's? Will my party of 4 all have the upgraded lunch and how will the staff know? From past cabana cruisers which over the water cabana is best if I have a choice? Wow thank you for any help you can provide...

So I have my over the water cabana booked..Just double checking from what I have read one person books and the remainder in my party total of 4 can use the cabana? As to lunch from what I have read the cabana lunch is a bit upgraded for Nellie's cabana quest's? Will my party of 4 all have the upgraded lunch and how will the staff know? From past cabana cruisers which over the water cabana is best if I have a choice? Wow thank you for any help you can provide...

Upon entering the cabana area (either Barefoot or Nellie's) each of your party of four will be given wristbands to wear for the day. I have a had Barefoot beach cabana twice; sand one near the buffet and a hilltop. Both were great. Over the water is wonderful too. I think you will be very happy with having a cabana for the day. FYI, I had 4 friends join us this past May. They arrived before me. I just had to give the Concierge their names and they were permitted in the cabana area.

Can you go to Nellie's if you have a outside balcony stateroom?

Yes Nellie's cabanas are for anyone that books them online. FYI, from what I understand the excursion desk holds about 30% of the cabanas for booking once you are on board. So don't be upset if you cannot book online. Just make sure you go directly to the excursion desk upon boarding to book your cabana. They always go fast!

Thank you for your fast reply...If my guest arrive before I do should they bring my confirmation slip from RCCL or do they just wait for me to arrive? Is check in for cabanas at barfoot?

Thank you again..

The way it worked for us in May was I gave the family's name to the concierge and told him we would be all be arriving separately. Actually there were 6 of us and I think 2 of us showed up separately. At least this is how it worked at Barefoot beach. Is your cabana at Nellie's or Barefoot beach? If at Barefoot, yes you check in there. Not sure if your cabana is at Nellie's, there may be a separate check in area. Just check with the excursion desk upon boarding. Enjoy your cabana and your day!

We had an over the water cabana at Nellie's in July. Barefoot cabana customers and Nellie's cabana customers checked in onshore together. We got off the ship right away and even though the cabanas were "assigned", we asked for the fourth cabana in, which is the last cabana up the stairs. Totally private and neighbors only on one side. Perfect mix of sun & shade as well. I think they try to limit the cabanas to six people but, if you wanted friends to visit, I don't think anyone would stop you. However, the upgraded lunch & wristbands would probably be limited to six people.

What is the use of assigning cabanas when people are just rushing off the ship to be the first one off and then ask to get switched to a better cabana that was assigned to someone else:confused:...and then report back on CC how they got switched to the better one.....something just doesn't sound right or fair about that:rolleyes:.....bet you would be pretty ticked off if you got a cabana that was less desirable and then found out the better one you were assigned was taken by your neighbor.

What is the use of assigning cabanas when people are just rushing off the ship to be the first one off and then ask to get switched to a better cabana that was assigned to someone else:confused:...and then report back on CC how they got switched to the better one.....something just doesn't sound right or fair about that:rolleyes:.....bet you would be pretty ticked off if you got a cabana that was less desirable and then found out the one you were assigned was taken by your neighbor.

Sorry, we didn't "rush" off the ship - we just wanted to make the most of our day in Labadee. We also asked if any of the cabanas were specifically requested and were told no, that they just randomly do it to make it easier. There aren't really any "less desirable" cabanas in terms of layout; the extra shade on the deck was the big thing (can't take too much sun). Never meant to offend anyone.

Sorry, we didn't "rush" off the ship - we just wanted to make the most of our day in Labadee. We also asked if any of the cabanas were specifically requested and were told no, that they just randomly do it to make it easier. There aren't really any "less desirable" cabanas in terms of layout; the extra shade on the deck was the big thing (can't take too much sun). Never meant to offend anyone.

Cabana was "assigned" according to your post....of course none were specifically requested....because you don't book a specific cabana with Neilie's like you do with Barefoot.....but they were still assigned.

Please go back and read your post again:

We had an over the water cabana at Nellie's in July. Barefoot cabana customers and Nellie's cabana customers checked in onshore together. We got off the ship right away and even though the cabanas were "assigned", we asked for the fourth cabana in, which is the last cabana up the stairs. Totally private and neighbors only on one side. Perfect mix of sun & shade as well. I think they try to limit the cabanas to six people but, if you wanted friends to visit, I don't think anyone would stop you. However, the upgraded lunch & wristbands would probably be limited to six people.

Quite frankly, I wish you could "book" a specific cabana when you rent one to begin with. All they would need is a little map and a little dot where the cabanas in each category are. Then, if they are already booked, then they would be greyed out. The ones in red (or whatever other color) are still available and you chose from there. You pay, get a receipt, and DONE! :p

What is the use of assigning cabanas when people are just rushing off the ship to be the first one off and then ask to get switched to a better cabana that was assigned to someone else:confused:...and then report back on CC how they got switched to the better one.....something just doesn't sound right or fair about that:rolleyes:.....bet you would be pretty ticked off if you got a cabana that was less desirable and then found out the better one you were assigned was taken by your neighbor.

I have to agree with you; I don't like the idea that my assignment might be 'bumped" because someone else wanted it. It would be great if they were truly assigned.

Teddie

I have to agree with you; I don't like the idea that my assignment might be 'bumped" because someone else wanted it. It would be great if they were truly assigned.

Teddie

I have to agree also. I had booked a hillside cabana at Nellie's for this past May but also emailed the concierge requesting to put on the list for a cabana at Barefoot if one became available. I'm Diamond+ but wasn't staying in a suite. The concierge only had one hilltop left on the Barefoot side and assigned us that cabana. I believe they are assigned on Barefoot, really don't know about Nellie's side. If they are already assigned it doesn't seem fair that someone is bumped because someone didn't like their location. So I'm thinking maybe that Nellie's really aren't assigned and it is first come first serve?

Hi Steve, hope you're doing great. When are we ever going to be on the same cruise man? LOL :D

The over the water cabanas on Nellies Beach have a ladder to get down to the water. It is a bit high, so if you don't care to use it, you can walk along the path in the back and around tot the beach.

The cabanas on Nellies beach are not pre-assigned or at least weren't when we were there in April. If you reserve over the water, when you get there you get your pick of those. If you rented a hillside, it is the same, pick when you get there. You check in at Barefoot Beach entrance, or at least we did and like it has been said, you get a wrist band which provides you entrance to Barefoot Beach for the lunch. You can get to Barefoot Beach from Nellies either from the entrance side or walk along a path behind the over the water cabanas on Nellies Beach around to Barefoot Beach passing some of there hillside and over the water cabanas.

Several cabanas are assigned to a cabana attendant who will provide you an ice chest of waters any floats, and get you drinks.

PS - as stated the cabanas allow for up too six, so if your group is only four, then invite another couple if you like as the price paid is for up to six and won't cost any more and they would get access and lunch. Like said, it is best to give the names of all your guests tot the concierge before you get to Labadee.

Hope this helps.

The way it worked for us in May was I gave the family's name to the concierge and told him we would be all be arriving separately. Actually there were 6 of us and I think 2 of us showed up separately. At least this is how it worked at Barefoot beach. Is your cabana at Nellie's or Barefoot beach? If at Barefoot, yes you check in there. Not sure if your cabana is at Nellie's, there may be a separate check in area. Just check with the excursion desk upon boarding. Enjoy your cabana and your day!

Booked a Nellies hillside cabana this past April. We still had to check in at Barefoot Beach.

From my review -- pics start at post #28

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1688527

Labadee

We rented a Nellie’s Beach Cabana ($200 – over the water) at Labadee. Money well spent if you just want a “beach day.” You walk down the pier past the excursion center to the Information Center. Show them your ticket and they get a golf cart right over to take you to your cabana. I tipped Mickey, our driver, $5 and he was at our service all day if needed. Nice guy. We also had a cabana attendant (Freetz) that was very attentive. But – his English wasn’t the best.

Me: Please bring us 2 labadoozies and 2 virgin strawberry daiquiris.

Freetz: 2 labadoozies with alcohol. 2 labadoozies none alcohol.

Me: No, 2 labadoozies with alcohol, 2 strawberry daiquiris – no alcohol.

Freetz, as he is turning away: OK. 4 labadoozies all alcohol.

Me: Uh, no . . .

Repeat.

We got 4 labadoozies – 2 with alcohol, 2 without.

His heart was in it! His English is a helluva lot better than my Creole/French! A very nice young man. I tipped him $20 at the end of the day and he seemed very happy.

I would get to your cabana as early as possible. The day goes very fast. You can always nap in the morning when you get there. It is very comfortable for four people. There were steps right by the cabana that led to the water. They will bring you as many floaties as you want (we had 4). The beach is sandy, so no water shoes were necessary. When you want to leave or explore, just tell the cabana attendant to call your driver.

Lunch was a short walk over to Barefoot Beach and with the Suite guests. The food was very good. No – really!! Steaks, shrimp kabobs, chicken, etc. We all found something we liked (did I mention my youngest is a pescetarian - eats seafood but no meat - and I do not eat beef or pork?) We went early and the line moved quickly and everything was fresh. There are a limited number of tables so you may have to move some chairs around. We found many, many of the Bickersons over there living the Suite life and were glad to make it out of the gated area and back to our we-be-junior-suite-and-inside-cabin-folks cabana.

we were 8 adults and 1 5 year old had no problems getting wrist bands and 1/2 our party showed up after their jet ski excursion.. just tell them when you check in at barefoot how many you expect.. tell your party to check in at barefoot and they will be given wrist bands..

this was SERIOUSLY THE BEST $200.00 I HAVE EVER SPENT!!!! LOVED THE CABANA'S!!! loved having the attendant get us our drinks. he gave us as many floating mats as we wanted..

you get no choice on which cabana you get...

Teddie

Then again the one you was assigned might not be the one you would want. Like me I do not want number 3 or 4 as I heard the steps that lead down to the water that the water is deep. I have small kids and would prefer my steps lead to shallow water. So I would be happy if I was assigned 3 or 4 and someone switched me with one of the others.

If I did get 3 or 4 would I be mad NO I would make the best of it, as I got what I booked a cabana over the water.

I bet if someone got the cabin they preasssigned you, because they arrived before you, I bet you will never even know it, as when you arrive they will just tell you you are assigned to ?. I do not think they would say oh you had cabana number 4 but we had to switch you to 6, because someone has asked for that one.

Hey we plan on getting of the ship as early as possible, as I have read multiple accounts (of as recent as last month) where passengers who have been the first off the ship have gotten to choose a cabana other than those they were "assigned" to.

We also definitely have a preference (opposite of yours) and that is to get one that has more sun exposure on its patio/balcony portion, specifically those in the cluster on the right side of the beach as seen facing out from the beach. When I booked I was led to believe initially that these were the only ones available, but as it turns out those that are on the opposite side are also "over water", even though they are set back much farther over the man-made rock area amongst the trees. As I said in another thread, if we do end up with these it looks like we'll be spending at least a few hours of the day in loungers on the beach if we wish to do any proper sunbathing, then retire back to the cabana for drinks and shade when needed. A bit of a shame, yes, but thats all thanks to RCI's lack of detailed information/maps for the Nellie's cabanas :(

Quite frankly, I wish you could "book" a specific cabana when you rent one to begin with. All they would need is a little map and a little dot where the cabanas in each category are. Then, if they are already booked, then they would be greyed out. The ones in red (or whatever other color) are still available and you chose from there. You pay, get a receipt, and DONE! :p

Agreed 100% with this, because honestly if this were the case, in my situation I would have either been able to book the cabana I wanted (one of the cluster of 4 on the right with much better sun exposure which we prefer), or I would have likely opted against it altogether. But at least I would have known, and none of us would be forced to get out there at the butt crack of dawn to jostle for a better spot. So for those who don't agree with people doing that, don't blame those people, please blame RCI and RCI alone. :cool:

Archived