End of Cruise and airline questions

no1dragn

My mother and I will be traveling on the Star beginning Nov 11th. Thanks to Delta's fall schedule change, our flight out of FLL has been moved from 4:45 pm to 2:10 pm. Which of course is causing us to re-think our last day in FLL. :mad: We have pre-reserved the airboat ride and garden visit from Princess. It was due to arrive at the airport I believe at 12:45pm, after which we were going to find a place to grab lunch, then check in for our flight. However, we can switch to just the airboat ride and arrive at the airport at 11:30am to catch our 2:10 flight. So my questions are: Is 2.5 hours enough time on cruise departure date to make it through security and the such and still grab lunch? If we choose to cancel the airboat ride completely, how long can we stay on the ship before they kick us off? 10:30-11:00? Is there a good eatery that serves brunch or lunch near or at the airport? Not Mickey D's. I haven't seen Mom in over a year and would like to enjoy one last good meal before it's another year or two. What can we expect the taxi to cost from port to airport/resturant/airport? Can we take food onto the planes, things like fruit and sandwiches, but no liquids? I have to travel to the Rocky Mountain region and airplane crackers and cheese will only make me grumpy. :rolleyes: Are there any eateries at the FLL after you make your way through security, similiar to the ATL airport? And finally, how bad is departure from FLL, really? Thanks for your help and I hope that you all enjoy your next cruise!:) Oh, by the way, it is dinner time here, so I apologize for all the food questions. My tummy must be hinting...

no1:

First, these are just my opinions, but I am like you. So I would just do the air boat ride. That will be fun. That would get you to the airport in plenty of time.

Usually, the latest you could be on any ship is 9:00 a.m. at the latest. They need you off the ship to prepare for guys like me that like to get on around 11:30 a.m for the next cruise!:D

You say you are going to the Rocky Mtns. area. Well, that will probably be the same terminal that we use to go to Denver on Frontier? If you are leaving from Terminal 3, the whole procedure thing isn't that bad. You don't say which airlines you and mom are flying. There is one ok-nice sit down restaurant after security in Terminal three. Now which terminal will your mom be flying out of? The same one? You need to make sure. If it is a different terminal, then to sit down and eat you would have to go to Terminal 1 which isn't that far but is a small walk. So I guess I would need to know terminals. But if eating lunch is a big factor for you and you both aren't flying out of the same terminal then you may need to forego the post-cruise tour. Can you give more details?

Yes, food on plane ok - liquids no.

Pooh

Archived