advice please, first time with Carnival

Tembo

Planning Carnival Splendour in Feb and I'd appreciate your help:-

Can you take any alcohol on board with you?

Can men make do with shirt and tie on formal nights? (without jacket)

Is your cabin ready when you board or do you have to wait for announcement?

Thank you in anticipation of your help.

Tembo

1 bottle of wine is allowed in carry on luggage

Ties w/o jackets are fine

Cabins are usually available after 1:30PM, an announcement may or may not be made. Exceptions for platinum/diamond cruisers (and maybe FTTF?)

Each of age adult may take one bottle of wine on board with them. No other alcohol is allowed to be carried on (but based upon threads on here, many find ways to sneak some in).

The rooms will not be ready until 1:30 unless you were to buy Faster to the Fun.

As far as the shirt and tie, I think he will be one of the better dressed guys. It's not really a formal night but a cruise elegant night.

Hi,

Each adult over 21 is allowed to bring one bottle of wine.

Your cabin will only be ready early(before about 1 or 2PM) if you pay extra and purchase the Faster to the Fun excursion listed in your sailing at your home port.

Slacks with a buttondown shirt are just fine with or without a tie. It is up to you to decide how dressy you want to be.

Thank you so much for these very speedy responses and I am pleased to learn that formal dress is not required.

Thanks everyone

You will find different levels of elegant/formal on those nights. Some dress to the 9's in tuxes and gowns, some just dresses/ suit and tie...if you are not dressed in elegant/formal though, you will not be allowed in the main dining rooms on those nights.

your allowed one bottle (750ml) per person of wine, formal night is going the way of the dodo, shirt and tie will be fine, I even ditched the tie on my last cruise. cabin being ready can sometimes be fairly early, just keep checking on it! usually 1-2

You will find different levels of elegant/formal on those nights. Some dress to the 9's in tuxes and gowns, some just dresses/ suit and tie...if you are not dressed in elegant/formal though, you will not be allowed in the main dining rooms on those nights.

that is no longer true. We see various levels of dress now. I have, however seen them turn back people in jeans and tees.

I guess that is what I was trying to say...if you are dressed casually (shorts, jeans, tshirts), you will not be allowed in the dining room

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Tarara75

I guess that is what I was trying to say...if you are dressed casually (shorts, jeans, tshirts), you will not be allowed in the dining room

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correct. Not on Elegant night. Dress shorts are allowed on casual nights.