Allure Junior Suite 7626 and pullman beds in general

Hello -

We just lucked out and some suites became available on Allure during the holidays making it possible for all of us to go together.

Pullmans in general...are they fine for young adults/teens? I always imagine a pullman to be a kids sized thing but they're regular size beds right? Does the attendant have to let them down and up? Can I ask to have it put up every morning and put back down at turndown each night?

Has anyone stayed in Junior Suite 7626 on Allure? It has a sofa bed and a pullman which will be perfect for us. Anyone know where it's located in the room?

thanks!

My "kids" all in their 20's love the pullmans and actually fight over who gets them :rolleyes: The cabin steward will put them up and down each day, but even when they're down they're not in the way. Hmmm...now that I'm thinking about it, I'm not sure if they leave them down during the day and just make them up or if they actually pop them back into the ceiling. Either way, they are much better than sofa beds IMO. :D

Hello -

We just lucked out and some suites became available on Allure during the holidays making it possible for all of us to go together.

Pullmans in general...are they fine for young adults/teens? I always imagine a pullman to be a kids sized thing but they're regular size beds right? Does the attendant have to let them down and up? Can I ask to have it put up every morning and put back down at turndown each night?

Has anyone stayed in Junior Suite 7626 on Allure? It has a sofa bed and a pullman which will be perfect for us. Anyone know where it's located in the room?

thanks!

My daughter had a Pullman bed (the one that drops from the ceiling) when she was 14.

She was about 5ft then and slim build. She hated every second of it. She said the bed was not comfortable and she felt like an inch from the ceiling.

Also, the ladder was a pain for all three of us.

Never again for us.

My "kids" all in their 20's love the pullmans and actually fight over who gets them :rolleyes: The cabin steward will put them up and down each day, but even when they're down they're not in the way. Hmmm...now that I'm thinking about it, I'm not sure if they leave them down during the day and just make them up or if they actually pop them back into the ceiling. Either way, they are much better than sofa beds IMO. :D

Great to hear. Thanks for sharing your experience. :) As long as they aren't out in the open taking up headroom I guess having them down isn't that big of a deal. I just don't want to end up with the sofa bed out taking up all the floorspace the whole week.

My daughter had a Pullman bed (the one that drops from the ceiling) when she was 14.

She was about 5ft then and slim build. She hated every second of it. She said the bed was not comfortable and she felt like an inch from the ceiling.

Also, the ladder was a pain for all three of us.

Never again for us.

This is for a 14 year old boy who thinks everything is some grand adventure so I'm hoping he'll feel that way about this too! ;) But why was the ladder such a pain if you don't mind sharing?

This is for a 14 year old boy who thinks everything is some grand adventure so I'm hoping he'll feel that way about this too! ;) But why was the ladder such a pain if you don't mind sharing?

My daughter is still not the adventurous type!

The ladder was on my husbands side of the bed. Each morning he forgot it was there and bashed his arm

We were in a large oceanview cabin on the Brilliance.

The ladder was very close to the sofa and cut off a portion of the room. I bashed myself a few times

Even though the bed gets put away during the day, at night it was too cramped.

It was for us anway.

Sorry. I am normally a positive person, but my daughter hated it, my husband is over six foot and I was too scared to get on te ladder!:eek:

My daughter is still not the adventurous type!

The ladder was on my husbands side of the bed. Each morning he forgot it was there and bashed his arm

We were in a large oceanview cabin on the Brilliance.

The ladder was very close to the sofa and cut off a portion of the room. I bashed myself a few times

Even though the bed gets put away during the day, at night it was too cramped.

It was for us anway.

Sorry. I am normally a positive person, but my daughter hated it, my husband is over six foot and I was too scared to get on te ladder!:eek:

I don't feel you're being negative...no worries. You're just sharing your family's experience. Thanks for the heads up! :)

Archived