Carnival Miracle 8/28/04 - cancelled FYI

trvlexprt

Just wanted to post for those of you that have not seen or heard this.We received a fax today from Carnival that the Miracle sailing August 28th has been cancelled to to problems with its propulsion system.Seems that Carnival is taking the Miracle out of service for this week to make repairs.Seems strange that they have to cancel this sailing and no others but I suppose thats better that more that one.

I have a copy of the fax that shows what Carnival is offering instead outside of full refunds.Looks like shipboard credits to change to other sailings and same rate and cabin for alternative cruises.

Sorry if this is old news I have been out of it for a while. icon_smile.gif

Good luck everyone

Carol

Is this true? It sounds very much like a thread I read on April 1st that was an April fools joke.

Imagination - Jan '96

Destiny - Jan '98

Miracle - July 3, 2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;7;3;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0400

Unfortunatley unless Carnival is pulling our legs.We have several clients booked on this sailing.I can send you the fax if you like.

I just looked at the sailing and it looks like ALL the sailing out of Baltimore are closed,which means they are sold out or Carnival isn't giving full details yet.The fax states that ONLY the Aug 28th sailing is affected and that ALL sailings up until then are ok.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news I wish it wasn't so either.Now we get the pleasure (NOT) of calling our clients to tell them this rotten news.

Carol

Heres the info:

"Dear Travel Agents:

We will be forced to cancel the Carnival Miracle cruise departing on August 28,2004.We need to make repairs to the ships propulsion system and the work cannot be done while the ship is in service.The ship is operating normally at this time and we will not need to make any other changes prior to taking the ship out of service for this one-week period.

We sincerely apologize for the disruption to your clients vacation plans.Guests will be offered the following rebooking options:

1) Rebook any other Carnival Miracle 7 day departure from NYC (June 12 thru August 21,2004) : Guests will receive a $200 per stateroom onboard credit.In addtion,their rate will be protected on the new date for the same stateroom category.

2) Rebook on the Carnival Legend 8 day departure from NYC on August 27 2004 : Guests will receive a $100 per stateroom credit. In addition their rate will be protected for the same stateroom category.

3) rebook on the Carnival Victory 5 day departure for NYC on August 28,2004: Guests will receive a $200 per stateroom on board credit.

4) Rebook on any other 2004 or 2005 Carnival cruise: Guests will receive a $100 per stateroom onboard credit.

If your clients elect not to rebook they will receive a full refund.Refund will be processed in less than 2 weeks.

Again we sincerely apologize for this situation.We hope that your clients willbe able to take advantage of one of the options and rebook on another Carnival Cruise"

So what you're saying is, that almost three months in advance, Carnival *KNOWS* they are going to have a propulsion system problem on a given sailing, but the ship is fine for the weeks prior?

All-righty then.

demon2.gif

namelogo.png

Eleven cruises so far. Up next:

Carnival Valor 10/30/05 CC Group

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2005;10;30;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Perhaps something else as well. Watch this space.

Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when somebody's watching.

Maybe it will take 3 mos to get the parts and/or drydock time. Until then she limps along.

Sovereign of the Seas (11/89)

Monarch of the Seas (8/99)

Norwegian Sea (7/02)

Carnival Glory (4/17/04)

Carnival Glory (12/25/04)

Thanks for this information. We were booked on the Miracle and have not heard anything from our travel agent. We only just found out through friends booked on the same cruise. Now our group has to try to figure out what to do, and hope that our travel agent decides to call us sometime this month!

I have to say this does not give me the warm fuzzies inside knowing that I am sailing on her in July!

Do you think I should be nervous, or is this a common thing? This is only my second time on a cruise so I am not as experienced as most of you. Any advice or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Carnival Miracle

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;7;10;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

I really don't think there's any need to worry about your July sailing. I was on the May 9 sailing from Baltimore and the problem was present then, but we did not limp along at all. There was no problem with keeping on schedule. I would jump at the deal they are offering on the 8 day Legend trip...just think, one extra day at sea! Anyway, the ports of Key West, Nassua and Freeport were nothing to write home about.

Mindy

Maybe its not a mechanical problem. It could possibly be they are redecorating the skittle dining room that has gotton so my bad reviews.

Patti

Victory May 9, 2004

Paradise June 15, 2003

Paradise August 4, 2002

Archived