Baseball Theme Cruise??

mresend

I'm looking to get some info on this baseball theme cruise- We will be leaving April 11th and was wondering what they will be doing. I know what players will be there but just want some detail on what goes on. Any Information will be great.

They have different sessions almost everyday, watch daily schedule. On the second day at sea (for us it was Thursday), you can get authograph during certain time (it was early afternoon), you have to sign up ahead of time as stated in the schedule. You can only bring items sold on the ship to be signed. We bought baseball in the gift store for $12.99 or $13.99, cannot remember exact price. You can also buy their group photo in the photo shop to be signed. I didn't bring any daily papers back with me to share.

Each day had an activity. The first was a series of clinics on Pitching, Fieldng, Catching, Batting and Strategy. Another day had a Pitching Contest. Another, a trivia contest, and finally a story telling session.

My seven year old enjoyed the clinics. There is a formal autograph session that you sign up for. But the players were signing stuff at all of the sessions anyway. I also knew our players ahead of time, so I went to a baseball card store and bought some cards (about 50 cents each). The players and Coach Earl Weaver were kind of flattered that I had the cards and were happy to sign them.

Sounds great - Thanks for all the information. We have some older baseball cards a two of the players willl be on our cruise, we (our Boys) are excited to get them signed. The clinics sounds like it would be a lot of fun for my boys and husband. Maybe I can relax by the pool.

Are we able to bring our own baseballs to have signed? Or do you really have to buy them on the ship. Seems like 13.00 is a bit high.

Our cruise was a baseball them, I didn't know it when I booked. We are not baseball fans and we were a bit worried the theme might 'take over' the cruise. It did not.

We noticed the events in the daily program and were introduced to all the players before one of the evening shows. I'm sure for those that are baseball fans it was fun but I just wanted to reassure those that aren't that it was not an inconvenience.

Now, a hockey cruise, I'd be the first to book!

Archived