Check Your EZ Air Flight Numbers

MsSoCalCruiser

I received an email a few days ago regarding our EZ Air flight reservation. We had a time change and the email was to let me know that we were going to leave So Cal 15 minutes earlier so that was good news.

It's a good thing that I read the entire email because I noticed that after our layover we had been separated and were on two different flights from Seattle to Vancouver. Not good news.

I called Princess and the issue was quickly corrected but what would have happened if I did not carefully read the entire email and notice the flight numbers were different? I know some people may think it's no big deal but to us it would have been upsetting.

Just wanted to let you know to check your EZ Air flight numbers :)

I received an email a few days ago regarding our EZ Air flight reservation. We had a time change and the email was to let me know that we were going to leave So Cal 15 minutes earlier so that was good news.

It's a good thing that I read the entire email because I noticed that after our layover we had been separated and were on two different flights from Seattle to Vancouver. Not good news.

I called Princess and the issue was quickly corrected but what would have happened if I did not carefully read the entire email and notice the flight numbers were different? I know some people may think it's no big deal but to us it would have been upsetting.

Yikes. :eek:

One should always do a side by side check of all information for ANY flights when a change notice arrives.

We have a "normal" flight booked with an airline for an October flight and have had 4 change notices, changing times, equipment, and flight numbers. Some of the changes can be subtle, like the OP's change in flight numbers. I have learned to do a line by line comparison with my current booking to find what the changes are.

Unfortunately, even with EZair, airlines can, and sometimes do, make changes up until the time the flight actually leaves. For one cruise we got a phone call at 2 a.m. the morning of our cruise saying that our initial flight was delayed and the connecting flight would have to be rebooked, which it was. (then the connection was delayed, but that is another story already told on Cruise Critic).

So carefully monitor changes, and when travelling keep the Princess travel delay phone number with you. It might save a cruise.

Good you noticed it at once. That's why we also check very carefully.

thanks for the tip

Waiting for our first eZair flight and have noticed you need to stay on top of things. A few weeks ago I noticed I couldn't find our reservation on the airlines page for the return flight. Called said airline and they said the ticket had been cancelled as it can't stay on hold for too long. Then I called princess and the airline overbooked the first leg of the flight so we had to change our return flight. Which is now a direct flight so it worked out. A few days after the tickets should have been fully ticketed the return flight was still not showing up so I called princess and they had to manually process the ticket. Now I can't check the return flight online due to how our names transmitted over and their pretty horrible website, but I have confirmed our tickets and seats with Princess and the airline. It is odd as we had no issues on the flight out with a different airline booked with eZair.

As suggested by the OP stay on top of your eZair tickets.

I quit using EZ-Air after I had to wait until I got to the airport to learn what seats we had. I am detail oriented and I want to have all arrangements set well in advance. I book our air travel online directly from the airline. It is not that hard to do. That eliminates any possibility of a middleman such as Princess or a travel agent failing to stay on top of communicating any changes the airline may cause. The airlines don't pay commissions to travel agents so those agents have a little less incentive to do their very best in keeping on top of changes. I may pay more doing it my way but I sure have a lot less stress.

I quit using EZ-Air after I had to wait until I got to the airport to learn what seats we had. I am detail oriented and I want to have all arrangements set well in advance. I book our air travel online directly from the airline. It is not that hard to do. That eliminates any possibility of a middleman such as Princess or a travel agent failing to stay on top of communicating any changes the airline may cause. The airlines don't pay commissions to travel agents so those agents have a little less incentive to do their very best in keeping on top of changes. I may pay more doing it my way but I sure have a lot less stress.

Nukesubsailor, I called the airline after I made final payment and I was able to choose our seats.

I quit using EZ-Air after I had to wait until I got to the airport to learn what seats we had.

Except for airlines that do not allow pre-reservations of seats (for example intra-European Lufthansa flights), I have always been able to select seats either with the Princess rep or with the airline web site the same day that the EZAir flights were reserved.

Except for airlines that do not allow pre-reservations of seats (for example intra-European Lufthansa flights), I have always been able to select seats either with the Princess rep or with the airline web site the same day that the EZAir flights were reserved.

thats always been my experience also...we are boarding an EZ Air booked British Air flight this afternoon from Orlando to London...got our seats several months ago at booking.

As others have said, really good advice to check booked flights regularly and carefully....after final payment i do it on the airline website, not princess.

Everyone, thanks for posting tips about Easy Air and keeping on top of things. I am looking at using them for the first time; so I am reading all the posts carefully, to get any tips. I am grateful to op for saying she read the entire email verses just scanning over it.

Everyone, thanks for posting tips about Easy Air and keeping on top of things. I am looking at using them for the first time; so I am reading all the posts carefully, to get any tips. I am grateful to op for saying she read the entire email verses just scanning over it.

My first time using EZAir also. Tips on this board helped a lot. Since I have not flown yet, I can't tell you how it went. But I will tell you what I did before I 'pre-booked' with their flexible rate.

I looked at flights with airlines and flight times that appealed to me and that Princess uses (trying dummy bookings). Right before the flights were open for booking, I applied for a few of those particular airline's mileage plans and received my mileage plan numbers.

On the day the flights opened up for my cruise, I went to Princess's site and scoured the available flights. Once chosen, I called Princess and tried to book. The rep said one of my connections was not available, although I was staring at it on their site. I hung up and booked the flights I wanted on their website and entered my mileage plan # as well as my Known Traveler ID, passport, etc. My thinking was tying in my mileage plan # just might secure my reservation a bit better (never a guarantee for seat choice or even flight choice, Princess doesn't pay the airlines for your tix until about 25(?) days out.) About 24 hours later, I logged into the airlines website and saw my ressies.

The day after that, I checked flights on EZAir again and found even better flights at an even better fare with the same airline and called Princess. The rep was able to switch the flights. I asked to have my mileage plan # attached, she put me on hold, called the airline dept, and told me it was done.

But like I said before, I have not flown yet. But I feel better that I can see my reservation and seat assignments on the airline's website. We'll see. After spending 8 months on different sites trying to see how much we would pay for our flights...$2400 was the cheapest I could find... right now, we're paying $1300.

thats always been my experience also...we are boarding an EZ Air booked British Air flight this afternoon from Orlando to London...got our seats several months ago at booking.

As others have said, really good advice to check booked flights regularly and carefully....after final payment i do it on the airline website, not princess.

This must be a new change - British Airlines is one of the airlines where I have found seat assignments are not available without a fee before 24 hours pre-flight time.

In general we have found that, once the EZAir booking is made and we have an airline booking reference number (even before final payment) we can go to the airline site and choose seats for

- United Airlines (and Continental before the merger)

- American Airlines

- JetBlue

- Delta

We have found most European based airlines have not supported early seat assignment, even if the flight is part of an overall American Airlines booking (for example).

I quit using EZ-Air after I had to wait until I got to the airport to learn what seats we had. .

I Booked EZ Air for the first time for 2 of us. We were able to request (no guarantees) seat assignments, except for the first leg. That one only shows 1 seat available in economy on both the EZ air and Airline websites. Has me a bit worried, but we both have confirmed reservations. I keep checking the websites to see if thinks change so we can request seat assignments for that leg also. Hoping it might change once Princess actually purchases the tickets.

Hi everyone. I am getting ready to look at booking EZ air. I have not used them before; nor have I cruised with Princess. So this is new. From everything I have read on different thread; I can book my flight today and cancel anytime between now and final payment. Is this correct? I want to make sure I know the system. Thanks

Hi everyone. I am getting ready to look at booking EZ air. I have not used them before; nor have I cruised with Princess. So this is new. From everything I have read on different thread; I can book my flight today and cancel anytime between now and final payment. Is this correct? I want to make sure I know the system. Thanks

Yes, and if you book the flexible fare one you can change/cancel the booking up to 45 days before the cruise.

This is great news about Flexible ez air. I was on Princess website. I am booking Delta Airlines to Seattle for Jul 2017; inside passage cruise. I was able to book first class; pick out our seats; went to Delta's website five min later; and our flight was confirmed with booking number. Once on Delta's site; I verified our seats. All is good. Now I know how it works; and I can keep checking to see if this flight gets any cheaper. (I doubt it; because Alaska is premium; and so is First Class); but who knows. Thank you for all the great info

This is great news about Flexible ez air. I was on Princess website. I am booking Delta Airlines to Seattle for Jul 2017; inside passage cruise. I was able to book first class; pick out our seats; went to Delta's website five min later; and our flight was confirmed with booking number. Once on Delta's site; I verified our seats. All is good. Now I know how it works; and I can keep checking to see if this flight gets any cheaper. (I doubt it; because Alaska is premium; and so is First Class); but who knows. Thank you for all the great info

Thats great. When it works it works well!

Also check every so often to see if flights/prices/seats change. ;)