No free hot chocolate with coffe card?

Hilarry1720

I have been seeing posts on other sites saying that princess no longer offers the unlimited free hot chocolate ( meaning without punching hole in the card) with the coffee card, has anyone sailed recently to please tell me these nasty rumours are not true. 😳😪😱😀😀

Hilarry1720

I have been seeing posts on other sites saying that princess no longer offers the unlimited free hot chocolate ( meaning without punching hole in the card) with the coffee card, has anyone sailed recently to please tell me these nasty rumours are not true.

Hilarry1720

We sailed on the Emerald the first week of July 2016 and I received free hot chocolate without them punching my coffee card. Hopefully this is not a new change to their policy since then...

I have had coffee cards left over from another ship, and they have punched a hole for ordering hot chocolate.

However, I will say, that by day 3 or 4, when they realize that I only come for hot chocolate every morning, they stop punching....

That has been my experience.

I have been seeing posts on other sites saying that princess no longer offers the unlimited free hot chocolate ( meaning without punching hole in the card) with the coffee card, has anyone sailed recently to please tell me these nasty rumours are not true. 😳😪😱😀😀

Hilarry1720

They punched a hole in my card.

I will admit that I haven't tried to get complementary hot chocolate with a coffee card for years but at that time hot chocolate was available without a punch. The current wording of the coffee card states "...with complementary brewed coffee and premium tea for the duration of your cruise." There is currently no mention of complementary hot chocolate. BTW, the Unlimited Soda and More Package does state "...complementary hot chocolate throughout your cruise." It used to be complementary and most report it still is with the coffee card.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 8 months later...

On the golden at the moment 75 days , showed them my brand new coffee card I bought on the Emerald 4 weeks earlier , I ordered a hot chocolate but was told my card needed to be punched , so another free by gone on princess.

Can confirm, no punches on the Regal from earlier this month. Can also confirm, based on my experience, that the will punch if the cruise (not just the ship) is different from what is written on the back.

We did the first Baltic but embarked from Warnemunde. After the turn around day in Copenhagen, they wanted to punch my card stating it was from the last cruise. However, they didn't punch when I said I got on in Germany.

The current wording of the coffee card states "...with complementary brewed coffee and premium tea for the duration of your cruise." There is currently no mention of complementary hot chocolate.

None of the last 4 iterations of the cards (going back to the "Playing Card Series") mentioned hot chocolate either. The current absence is nothing new or telling.

We just got off the previous sailing of the Golden (15 days), and about 1 in 5 times they tried to punch it.

The most often cause was ordering the hot chocolate too close to the time we got a no-punch coffee.

What we found worked best to get a hot chocolate without punching is:

1) don't go to the same bar multiple times close together.

2) don't try and order multiple no-punch drinks at the same time

3) don't hand the card over. Stand a few feet from the bar and just hold the card up so they can see that you have one.

Also, and I'm not sure if this is a new thing or not, but always ensure that the lid is tightly on the whole way around (it can be loose without looking loose), otherwise your no-punch hot chocolate will become a no-punch stain on your dressing gown.

Just come off Crown and had free tea and hot chocolate very frequently. No punching at all. We had bought the coffee card on that cruise. People were saying that if you had an old card you could use it for the coffee, paid but not for the free stuff. BTW they served the best tea on the ship in the IC.