Snow Storm in the Northeast.....

Dspcentury

The weather channel has predicted a winter storm in the northeast that can effect air travel from New York as far down to the Carolinas....They are watching New York City because they are saying right now only 2-4".

This storm is supposed to start Friday night into Saturday. These totals for NYC are really no problem. I am traveling Saturday morning and praying that I will be able to get to San Diego without delay. I must say that I am glad to paid for insurance just for these incidents!!:D

David............................................:)

Hope you make it, but start checking your insurance policy now to understand EXACTLY what it covers and what it doesn't..

MOST policies cover delay only after being delayed by XX number of hours.

Also, some/most policies expect you to catch up to the ship before any travel delay expenses are covered. You can't just say "Opps, couldn't fly out, reimburse me for the lost cruise." These last minute flights to catch up to the ship are also "Out of Pocket" expenses, then you get reimbursed.

I must say that I am glad to paid for insurance just for these incidents!!:D

Make SURE your (and all) policy covers acts of God. Usually, the policy will just pay for you to catch up to your ship, if you happen to miss it.

I lived it 17 years ago.

The weather channel has predicted a winter storm in the northeast that can effect air travel from New York as far down to the Carolinas....They are watching New York City because they are saying right now only 2-4".

This storm is supposed to start Friday night into Saturday. These totals for NYC are really no problem. I am traveling Saturday morning and praying that I will be able to get to San Diego without delay. I must say that I am glad to paid for insurance just for these incidents!!:D

I would honestly look into flying out on Friday.

They are calling for 12+ inches in Philly...if it shifts north you are gonna have problems. :eek:

Hope you make it, but start checking your insurance policy now to understand EXACTLY what it covers and what it doesn't..

MOST policies cover delay only after being delayed by XX number of hours.

Also, some/most policies expect you to catch up to the ship before any travel delay expenses are covered. You can't just say "Opps, couldn't fly out, reimburse me for the lost cruise." These last minute flights to catch up to the ship are also "Out of Pocket" expenses, then you get reimbursed.

I have checked my policy and it says that if I am delayed 6 or more hrs they will cover me for reasonable expenses up to $150.00 per day. They are covering me for incliment weather.

Here's the forecast for our area; I live just off I-95 in northern VA.....please be careful if you have to be on the roads!

WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 10 AM FRIDAY TO 10 PM EST SATURDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN STERLING VIRGINIA HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR HEAVY SNOW WITH NEAR-BLIZZARD CONDITIONS... IN EFFECT FROM 10 AM FRIDAY TO 10 PM EST SATURDAY. THE WINTER STORM WATCH IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT.

* PRECIPITATION TYPE... HEAVY SNOW.

* ACCUMULATIONS... STORM TOTAL ACCUMULATIONS OF 16 TO 24 INCHES.

* TIMING... SNOW WILL BEGIN FRIDAY MID-MORNING... AND WILL CONTINUE THROUGH SATURDAY EVENING. CONDITIONS WILL DETERIORATE RAPIDLY FRIDAY AFTERNOON... WITH HEAVIEST SNOWFALL OCCURRING BETWEEN SUNSET FRIDAY TO SUNRISE SATURDAY. THE MOST HAZARDOUS WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS WILL OCCUR FRIDAY NIGHT... WHEN THE COMBINATION OF HEAVY SNOW AND STRONG WINDS WILL REDUCE VISIBILITIES TO BELOW ONE-QUARTER MILE... PRODUCING NEAR- BLIZZARD CONDITIONS.

* TEMPERATURES... HIGHS AROUND 30 FRIDAY. FRIDAY NIGHT AND SATURDAY... TEMPERATURES WILL BE IN THE MID TO UPPER 20S.

* WINDS... BECOMING NORTHEAST 15 TO 25 MPH FRIDAY WITH GUSTS TO 35 MPH FRIDAY NIGHT AND SATURDAY.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

THIS STORM HAS THE POTENTIAL TO BE SIMILAR TO THE 19 DECEMBER STORM. PLAN FOR SUBSTANTIAL DISRUPTIONS TO TRAVEL FRIDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH THE WEEKEND.

A WINTER STORM WARNING MEANS SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF SNOW... SLEET... AND ICE ARE EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. STRONG WINDS ARE ALSO POSSIBLE. THIS WILL MAKE TRAVEL VERY HAZARDOUS OR NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE FRIDAY NIGHT.

Sent on: 02/04 10:12

As someone else said...........get out of the Northeast/Mid-Atlantic area by early Friday the latest if possible.

Saturday out of Virginia/D.C./Md./Delaware/Philly...perhaps NYC/Newark as well.......FORGET about it.

Our recent South Jersey call is for 24 inches, beginning Friday afternoon, with 40-50 MPH winds.

The global warming beliefs are most certainly deteriorating .

Eek!! We are cruising Monday on the Inspiration out of Tampa. We were flying in on Sunday morning but Southwest cancelled our flight out of Philadelphia and we are now flying in on Monday morning arriving in Tampa at 11:45. We tried to get out on Friday but couldn't. Hoping we make the ship...if not, Disney here we come!

yup, grocery stores were packed after work today:D:D

In Maryland they had police directing traffic in and out of the grocery store parking lots and traffic jams for blocks. It took me a minute to figure out what all the commotion was. I heard people had to battle for grocery carts:eek:

Eek!! We are cruising Monday on the Inspiration out of Tampa. We were flying in on Sunday morning but Southwest cancelled our flight out of Philadelphia and we are now flying in on Monday morning arriving in Tampa at 11:45. We tried to get out on Friday but couldn't. Hoping we make the ship...if not, Disney here we come!

we are flying out of Buffalo Sun pm with Southwest with a connection to Baltimore. We cruise on Monday as well but with Destiny. The forecast for Buffalo is sunny all weekend. I noticed for Baltimore it said 3 - 6 inches of snow through Sat so we are hoping it will not interfere with our connecting flight Sunday at 5:30 pm. Was your flight originally planned for Tampa or is that a diversion and you have to get to your cruise port. We are flying to Fort Lauderdale

On Sunday, Flight 811 connects through Chicago where there is NO snow anticipated. You might wanna check that out. It's not that the weather WON'T be better in BWI, it's that the airport and airplanes won't be back up to speed. I would change, but that's just me.

we are flying out of Buffalo Sun pm with Southwest with a connection to Baltimore. We cruise on Monday as well but with Destiny. The forecast for Buffalo is sunny all weekend. I noticed for Baltimore it said 3 - 6 inches of snow through Sat so we are hoping it will not interfere with our connecting flight Sunday at 5:30 pm. Was your flight originally planned for Tampa or is that a diversion and you have to get to your cruise port. We are flying to Fort Lauderdale

Sorry to say that if someone told you Baltimore is expecting 3-6 inches of snow, you were given incorrect information. Baltimore and the Mid-Atlantic region in general is expecting up to 2 feet of snow.

My son was due to fly from Boston to Baltimore on Saturday, and he received a call from Southwest tonight (Thurs.) that they've already cancelled all flights for Saturday and will have limited flights on Sunday.

I love seeing it!!! I hope many places places get dumped on big time while I will be playing 18 holes today and it will almost be 80. I know it sounds mean,but choose to live where it may snow,and it just might.:D

Steve

That prediction for Baltimore has now changed. They are calling for 12 to 20 inches.

Archived