Please make it simple for me

eddieg07410

We are taking A 11 day Hawaii cruise on the Celebrity Solstice in September. We will be spending 1 day in Hilo 8:00 Am to 6:00 PM;1 day in Kailua Kona 8:00 to 6:00; 2 days in Lahaina Maui 8:00 Am to 6:00 Pm the following day, and 4 days in Honolulu. I am looking for small group tours to do and would like recommendations for the most important sites to see and the tour companies to take us there. I appreciate your responses as I know I am asking you to do a lot of work for me.

We are taking A 11 day Hawaii cruise on the Celebrity Solstice in September. We will be spending 1 day in Hilo 8:00 Am to 6:00 PM;1 day in Kailua Kona 8:00 to 6:00; 2 days in Lahaina Maui 8:00 Am to 6:00 Pm the following day, and 4 days in Honolulu. I am looking for small group tours to do and would like recommendations for the most important sites to see and the tour companies to take us there. I appreciate your responses as I know I am asking you to do a lot of work for me.

Lots of info here if you use the search. You can also try trip adviser. If you read reviews of your cruise or Eve ncl's Pride of America, many go into detail about their excursions and who they used.

For Honolulu, there is pearl harbor, diamond head, traveling the north shore, taking city transit which takes you to various points including an outdoor flea market, you have great eateries in Waikiki, and the international market. Don’t forget the beach.

In Kona, you have the brewery which i heard has a great beer and food.

In Maui, there is the road to Hana, the drive or tour of the sun rise or sunset on Haleakala mountain

Most visit VPN in Hilo, and the chain of crater road. There is also the Mauna Kea that is the tallest mount in Hawaii.

This is what I have collect as I am going to Hawaii on POA next year, hope this helps!!!

The shore excursions offered by the cruise line will be based on the highlights for each island, so all you need to do is read through them and see what looks interesting to you.

Once you determine what you want to do (based on your interests), suggest using the search function here ... e.g. if you want to go to VNP, search "VNP private tour" and see what threads pop up. (You'll probably see recommendations for Ricky's or MaryLou's...) Or, type "Private Tour Recommendations" into the search box, and threads of interest will pop up.

Roberts of Hawaii does a lot of small group tours. I like to check out viator dot com as well as the excursions offered by the ship to determine what I'd like to do in each port. We cannot possibly tell you what you should or should not see, as we have no idea as to your likes and dislikes.

My husband and I really enjoyed all of the WWII history on Oahu, but it's not for everyone. I also enjoyed the Botanical Gardens on Maui, Kauai, Hawaii and Oahu, but again not everyone likes looking at plants & vegitation. Or there are zoos too if children are in the group. It is just too varied for us to do the work for you.

I'm not a museum person, but I did find the Bishop House on Oahu to be a worthwhile museum. We hit it on a day that was for children, they had tents set up with games for the kids, food for the kids, etc. and we had a wonderful time.

So start researching and have fun planning your trip!:D

What area are you staying at Eddie? Depending on what area and if you're real close walking distance to International Marketplace that's also a good place to start. End of 2013 International Marketplace maybe be gone according to some of the vendors I've talked too. Lot's of vendors and sovenirs to buy there.

You may not want a car but we enjoyed it immensely in Honolulu last time and will have one for the solstice cruise this time. Oahu is really fun to drive around and see the sights and Pearl Harbor was super easy to drive to and do on your own. Stopping at the scenic lookouts or beaches that catch you eye as you go is really nice.

However, if a car is not for you I think if you're interested in pearl harbor that is prob ok with even a larger group on tour because once you get there you are with a group anyway.

Archived