PC - car rental offices within walking distance of Radisson hotel?

Straitlover

Walking distance to me would be 1 mile or less, preferable w/ a sidewalk or parking lots to walk in :). Sis and I are on a cruise charter in Jan 2016, leaving out of PC (Carnival Valor). Our flight gets in around 8:45 AM the day before. We want to do some sightseeing plus I don;t think there are any good restaurants for dinner within walking distance to the Radisson (charter has a block of rooms there), so we were going to rent a car.

Charter group has a group shuttle to the ship, so I want to return the car early Saturday morning before it gets too crazy w/ departing passengers and then return to the Radisson. What car rentals are close to the hotel? I've tried looking at maps, but the distance is deceiving, plus I can't tell if it's safe to walk back. I don't want to have to walk in the grass along the road. I'm assuming any taxis will be busy to/from the ships and won't want to deal w/ taking me to the hotel. :)

Any suggestions? TIA!

I got an intermediate SUV (Ford Escape or similar) from Budget for $36 and $12.XX fees, total $48 and change for a one day rental. Will keep checking to see if I can get better or not but will be satisfied if I don't.

Nothing wrong with that price. Try discount BCD code Y937800 and see if that changes anything.

Hertz is right in front of that Hotel I believe, we stayed at the County inn & Suites, rented a Hertz car in NC drove to port turned it in, and then did the same for the return trip home, we had 5 adults and rented a mini van, it was cheaper then flying.

Hertz is right in front of that Hotel I believe, we stayed at the County inn & Suites, rented a Hertz car in NC drove to port turned it in, and then did the same for the return trip home, we had 5 adults and rented a mini van, it was cheaper then flying.

Hertz is in front of the Residence Inn, not the Radisson.

The Residence is right next to the Country Inn & Suites, and Hertz is right out in front of those hotels at the corner. If you look at the map the Captain posted above, the Radisson is that collection of blue right above the arrow pointing to Budget.

Sounds fun, will you be shagging

Doubtful :). I can shag a little, but I am traveling w/ my sister, and she doesn't, LOL. Hopefully they will have some demos on the the ship for everyone to see, as there will be some fab shaggers there I'm sure.

Hope to get some line dancing in, though. The shag ladies love to line dance, too! :D

If you look at the map the Captain posted above, the Radisson is that collection of blue right above the arrow pointing to Budget.

Thanks for pointing that out I was thinking it was that little chess piece looking thing above the blue area :). That makes it look like Budget is a little closer, which is good from a safety standpoint.

print my map then use Google Earth and check the area out ... you can zoom in damn close .... and measure distances ......

which is closer sometimes depends on which side of the parking lot you start from!

I believe the 'chess piece' is pointing out the mini-golf and go cart place 'tween the two (actually 3) hotels

Edited by Capt_BJ