Chefs's Table yea or nay?

firstforty2012

I have enjoyed Best of the Best on Azamara which is similar to their Chef's table and I have enjoyed the Chef's table option on other cruiselines also....If you are a foodie, do it!

You will enjoy it very much and if you drink wine, they pair the wines very well.

That is my opinion.

Edited by LOP

We've done all 3 menus multiple time and heartily recommend them, either not knowing anyone attending ( a great way to make new friends! ) or in a group of friends we've sailed with previously.

You may want to investigate purchasing a package of specialty dinners that would include the 2 restaurants and a Chef's Table at a discounted rate.

I have enjoyed Best of the Best on Azamara which is similar to their Chef's table and I have enjoyed the Chef's table option on other cruiselines also....If you are a foodie, do it!

You will enjoy it very much and if you drink wine, they pair the wines very well.

That is my opinion.

We've been lucky enough to join the Best of the Best dinner on Quest, and have done all 3 Chef's Table menus on both ships. The CT's have been very good, if not a little inconsistent depending on chef and sommelier. We'd still do them again. But they are no where close to the incredible meal, wine, and crew company we had in the B of the B.

We've done all 3 menus multiple time and heartily recommend them, either not knowing anyone attending ( a great way to make new friends! ) or in a group of friends we've sailed with previously.

You may want to investigate purchasing a package of specialty dinners that would include the 2 restaurants and a Chef's Table at a discounted rate.

We've done two on two different ships and loved both of them. As Bill said, the package they offer is a really good deal. If you like good food and wine, you will love it.

Im back on Azamara in a week and have looked the Chef's Table option. Does anyone have an opinion who has tried it?

If you are a foodie I would definitely try it. They have themes from three countries I think. Pick the one you like the sound of. When I've done them it's been at the high table in Prime C and hosted by a couple of officers. Good fun, a lot of food with paired wine.

Phil

• 2 weeks later...
Im back on Azamara in a week and have looked the Chef's Table option. Does anyone have an opinion who has tried it?

What is the Chef's table on Azamara?

Do you get invited or book it?

How much extra does it cost?

Do you eat in the kitchen?

What is the Chef's table on Azamara?

Do you get invited or book it?

How much extra does it cost?

Do you eat in the kitchen?

It is a special menu (actually they are a range of menus so in theory you could book more than once on a long cruise) They will tell you which menus they are using when at the time of booking

You book it, last time we did the extra was about $100 a couple I think but that might have changed or I might be confused with Celebrity a more recent user could maybe tell you

You eat at the high table at the end of Prime C not in the kitchen. Personally because I find it hard to sit on these high stools, that is one part of the event I do not like, I need the comfort of the low seats but the high chairs is the only place the long table is at in the current layout

It's $95 per person but if you buy a specialty restaurant package it will be cheaper. There are 2 ways to do it. You can ask the sommelier to arrange one on a specific day, with a menu of your choice ( there are 3 available)and you can also ask who'd you'd like the host to be. They will try but can't guarantee. Ohterwise tell them you'd be interested in attending one of the scheduled dinners. Depending on cruise length there will be 2 to 3 per cruise.

It's $95 per person but if you buy a specialty restaurant package it will be cheaper. There are 2 ways to do it. You can ask the sommelier to arrange one on a specific day, with a menu of your choice ( there are 3 available)and you can also ask who'd you'd like the host to be. They will try but can't guarantee. Otherwise tell them you'd be interested in attending one of the scheduled dinners. Depending on cruise length there will be 2 to 3 per cruise.

It's $95 per person but if you buy a specialty restaurant package it will be cheaper. There are 2 ways to do it. You can ask the sommelier to arrange one on a specific day, with a menu of your choice ( there are 3 available)and you can also ask who'd you'd like the host to be. They will try but can't guarantee. Otherwise tell them you'd be interested in attending one of the scheduled dinners. Depending on cruise length there will be 2 to 3 per cruise.

how many people do you need in your group for them to arrange one for you? Will it be just your group or will it be open to others? I know the regularly scheduled dinners include multiple groups but had not heard of the possibility of having a chef's dinner specially organized

how many people do you need in your group for them to arrange one for you? Will it be just your group or will it be open to others? I know the regularly scheduled dinners include multiple groups but had not heard of the possibility of having a chef's dinner specially organized

I hve seen them at 8 but not 6.. i was not eating at one but go up to Prime C a lot to drink at the bar. great indoor view.

Can THe Chef's Table only be booked once on board, or can it be booked in advance?

It is an onboard only booking as only the ship knows when they are going to offer it on each cruise