Difference between Club Oceanview and Veranda

elapel01

Veranda is a balcony, Oceanview is sealed window only. Azamara has a promotion going on with a double upgrade from Inside to Veranda, making the Oceanview more expensive. The promotion is not available on all itineraries.

• 3 weeks later...
Veranda is a balcony, Oceanview is sealed window only. Azamara has a promotion going on with a double upgrade from Inside to Veranda, making the Oceanview more expensive. The promotion is not available on all itineraries.

We are thinking of booking one of these promotions. This would be our first Azamara cruise. Can anyone offer advice about V1, V2 and V3 cabins - they are all available. I am assuming that V1 is the best choice - on Deck 8?

Thank you.

Kim and Richard

We are thinking of booking one of these promotions. This would be our first Azamara cruise. Can anyone offer advice about V1, V2 and V3 cabins - they are all available. I am assuming that V1 is the best choice - on Deck 8?

Thank you.

Kim and Richard

Personally I'd avoid the V1s which may be under a public area and would go for a V2 or V3. There are some that connect to the cabin next door and I would avoid those too. Deck 7 is good, away from the portside in the region of 7076 and 7078 as they are near the self service laundry. There is a useful sticky at the top of this page with a thread about cabins and opinions.

Phil

I’m in aft VX cabins for our two upcoming cruises (May 2016 & February 2017), but if I were to choose between V1, V2 and V3, I would probably choose a V2 on deck 7. Deck 7 V2 cabins are mid-ship and have the advantage of only having cabins above and below. The V1 cabins on deck 8 may be below part of the pool bar/pool deck/pool on deck 9.

We just booked our first Azamara cruise using this promo and booked midship on deck 7 - we've sailed twice on Pacific Princess and know we like that area. We're a tiny but closer to the laundry than we'd like but the laundry & elevators never bothered us on the other R ship so I'm satisfied we'll be ok with that choice:p

My 2cents worth: Agree about V1. We had a V1 cabin and changed to a V2, due to the noisier deck above the V1. Higher deck location is the only difference I am aware of, unless the refurb creates additional differences?

Personally I'd avoid the V1s which may be under a public area and would go for a V2 or V3. There are some that connect to the cabin next door and I would avoid those too. Deck 7 is good, away from the portside in the region of 7076 and 7078 as they are near the self service laundry. There is a useful sticky at the top of this page with a thread about cabins and opinions.

Phil

I like deck 7. Quieter than 6 or 8. I also like to avoid aft cabins that vibrate and cabins near the laundry room. TRy for a V2 or V3 deck 7 midship or forward. I was assigned by gty to 7014. It was forward, no traffic, and very quiet. It was a good location. Avoid deck 8 which gets noise from the pool deck and buffet .

We just booked a V3 deck 7 (slightly aft on starboard, just past the aft elevator) for our first Azamara cruise. The double upgrade definitely grabbed my attention and the itinerary sealed the deal.

I asked our TA to watch for an aft VX if one becomes available. Has anyone sailed in one of those who has an opinion on them?

I noticed they also have a Le Club Voyage upgrade @ $395 per stateroom from Club Veranda to Club Continent Suite? Has anyone actually obtained the upgrade? Is the CC Suite worth the upgrade attempt or is it more a marketing ploy because they're never available anyway?

Edited by ChucktownSteve

I noticed they also have a Le Club Voyage upgrade @ $395 per stateroom from Club Veranda to Club Continent Suite? Has anyone actually obtained the upgrade? Is the CC Suite worth the upgrade attempt or is it more a marketing ploy because they're never available anyway?

It does depend upon the cruise you are on and how many suites are left closer to sailing. I would say it's definitely worth registering for an upgrade. I've done it for November and as there are still quite a few suites left I'm hopeful I'll get one. If not I'm happy with the VX cabin I have. In July we did a Journey cruise. I'd booked a room with a window and received the upsell to a balcony. My other travel companions had booked two veranda cabins and each got an upsell to a suite. Upsells if available are prioritised according to your Le a Club Voyage level, how many cruises on Azamara you've done and how early you register.

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden

It does depend upon the cruise you are on and how many suites are left closer to sailing. I would say it's definitely worth registering for an upgrade. I've done it for November and as there are still quite a few suites left I'm hopeful I'll get one. If not I'm happy with the VX cabin I have. In July we did a Journey cruise. I'd booked a room with a window and received the upsell to a balcony. My other travel companions had booked two veranda cabins and each got an upsell to a suite. Upsells if available are prioritised according to your Le a Club Voyage level, how many cruises on Azamara you've done and how early you register.

Phil

funny i always thought you took a Cc or above for the restaurants at night. I have to have a balcony. need first air-and love sitting there reading my book.

funny i always thought you took a Cc or above for the restaurants at night. I have to have a balcony. need first air-and love sitting there reading my book.

Rob, I have booked lots of different cabins from inside to suite. Just depends upon how I feel at the time and how the money is going!;) I actually really like the OVs on deck 4. They are handy for many areas of the ship and very quiet. This second point is a big one for me. The main dining room is fine in terms of food, but the specialties are nice as a treat every so often. Even if I'm in a suite a like a break from them.

Just get me on the ship!

Phil

Rob, I have booked lots of different cabins from inside to suite. Just depends upon how I feel at the time and how the money is going!;) I actually really like the OVs on deck 4. They are handy for many areas of the ship and very quiet. This second point is a big one for me. The main dining room is fine in terms of food, but the specialties are nice as a treat every so often. Even if I'm in a suite a like a break from them.

Just get me on the ship!

Phil

i heard many great things about deck 4.. but some people say they can hear music from the shows.. mid afternoon rest that would be hard. but it beats joggers. U break from prime c by going to buffet or room service. .but on land at night i eat off ship.

i heard many great things about deck 4.. but some people say they can hear music from the shows.. mid afternoon rest that would be hard. but it beats joggers. U break from prime c by going to buffet or room service. .but on land at night i eat off ship.

I should have been more specific. It is the cat 05s that I like which aren't under the cabaret lounge. I've been over the show lounge on 6 and you hear rehearsals, but I didn't find it too bad.

Phil