Azamara, please don't take my couch away

joeinsb

We are booked on Journey in the Carribbean in December before the dry dock and again in July in Europe after the refurbishment, so we're very interested in any details about the proposed changes to the ship, and a couple of issues really concern us.

I realize the pictures on the Azamara web site section on the changes are simply renderings and not actual photos, but in one of them they show a balcony stateroom with a large easy chair instead of the little loveseat-size couch. Another rendering shows a small couch in a balcony stateroom, so I'm not sure which one is closer to the truth.

We certainly hope Azamara will keep the small sofas in the balcony staterooms. Years ago Crystal, during one of its ship dry docks, replaced the sofas with one big chair only to have to bring back the sofas the next time the ship was refurbished because of so many complaints from passengers.

The other change we are unhappy about has already been discussed on this board -- losing our favorite evening dining place, the back deck, which will be turned into a revenue source with the ala carte Asian restaurant.

Since we love warm-weather cruising and Azamara fortunately has so many late-night departures, we love dining al fresco on the back deck, and we can't imagine eating Asian food every night.

I know that Azamara is planning to increase the number of tables out by the pool to make up for some of the space lost from the back-deck closure at night, but it won't be the same as dining on the terrace, and it's a farther away from the buffet when you're carrying plates of food.

Edited by joeinsb