Club Continent Suites not ready for first sailing out of dry dock

venice07

Pam, really need to know how your TA got you on the "list". Hope Bonnie reads this post. I also tried to have my TA put me on the list and the response she got from Azamara was completely unbelievable. Following is what they told her: "I spoke with Azamara. The agent advised they will not know which of the Club Continental Suites have showers vs tubs until after the refurbishment is complete – mid-April 2016. Apparently he could not make a ‘note’ on the booking with your preference at this time." That has to be one of the stupidest answers I've ever heard. Think about it. They won't know which suites have tubs or showers until the work is done. Guess he thinks that the workers will make the changes where they feel like it and once the work is done they will update the drawings to show which have showers and which have tubs. Of course I'm being sarcastic. Any and all help would be appreciated from Bonnie or Pam's TA thru Pam. Am also in the AM going to escalate this to the owner of this agency and have him talk to a contact and not one of the call center people who can't seem to find himself out of a paper bag. Thanks,

my agent was like what list?/ meaning no way AZ keeping a list as they could never moved the tub people-me-into a tub.. and they have to know well before april 2016 as the JR get done first. .i am sure Quest will have the same cabin set up as JR. by hen everything is ordered. .bet all ordered by Nov.

love to know more about deck 5 and spa too.

Pam, really need to know how your TA got you on the "list". Hope Bonnie reads this post. I also tried to have my TA put me on the list and the response she got from Azamara was completely unbelievable. Following is what they told her: "I spoke with Azamara. The agent advised they will not know which of the Club Continental Suites have showers vs tubs until after the refurbishment is complete – mid-April 2016. Apparently he could not make a ‘note’ on the booking with your preference at this time." That has to be one of the stupidest answers I've ever heard. Think about it. They won't know which suites have tubs or showers until the work is done. Guess he thinks that the workers will make the changes where they feel like it and once the work is done they will update the drawings to show which have showers and which have tubs. Of course I'm being sarcastic. Any and all help would be appreciated from Bonnie or Pam's TA thru Pam. Am also in the AM going to escalate this to the owner of this agency and have him talk to a contact and not one of the call center people who can't seem to find himself out of a paper bag. Thanks,

At some point, well before the dry dock even begins, there will be a new deck plans released. You'll remember that on one of these threads this was discussed and one witty poster joked about all the different icons we will need in order to designate tub, shower, sofa, high back chair, metal chair, etc etc (even I laughed at that.)

I honestly don't know about a "list" but I will forward this to those that supervise the call center and see if I can get to the bottom of this for you.

No one seems to know much really do they? How can this really be the situation? I have asked for info from Azamara, and asked if our preference could at least be noted concerning CC shower or tub, but have not so far been graced with a reply.

The experience starts long before you board.....

At some point, well before the dry dock even begins, there will be a new deck plans released. You'll remember that on one of these threads this was discussed and one witty poster joked about all the different icons we will need in order to designate tub, shower, sofa, high back chair, metal chair, etc etc (even I laughed at that.)

I honestly don't know about a "list" but I will forward this to those that supervise the call center and see if I can get to the bottom of this for you.

Thanks Bonnie, So glad you are there and listening. Will pass your comment over to my TA and we can attack this from both ends. You are absolutely correct regarding the new deck plan being available prior to any work being done. Thanks for checking and will see how this pans out from both ends.

Not to go all political here, but that quote could have come from Nancy Pelosi when she said they would have to pass the new healthcare law before we would know what was in it. :eek: Not good politics and not good business.

Edited by bob278

Well, as it turns out, she didn't; the second conversation was that they don't have a definitive list and won't until next year. I just got busy and didn't make it back here to say anything, I apologize for that.

Not to be off topic, but after reading all these posts I feel like the posters are very critical in a negative way about what azamara is doing to compensate pax when a change becomes necessary. I just want to say that we too had a disruption to our originally planned cruise. It seems that a charter came along and bought out the entire cruise and we were bumped off our carefully planned trip. I was very happy when azamara offered to give us another trip within the same duration and cabin at the same price we locked in for our original sailing. Hubby and I picked another cruise valued much higher +3000 pp. and azamara honored that booking. We are very excited to go on our first azamara cruise in July 2016. I think the way azamara handled the disruption to our plans was fabulous. I can only imagine, based on reading these boards how wonderful this cruise is going to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I posted the following on the Jan 27 2016 'Journey' thread on Aug 27.

However, I then thought it might be of interest to other Azamara guests on future sailings in the New Year......

As we have a reservation for a VX aft cabin on Deck 7 (booked March 2015), we thought we'd better check the situation re changes by Azamara. On 25 July our TA sent an email to Azamara Customer Services asking them to confirm that our booking for the reserved cabin for Jan 27 2016 was secure, i.e. that we would not be moved to (or offered) a lower grade cabin, etc. This is their reply received three weeks later. I would mention that the grammar and spelling is as it appeared on their email.

"Thank you for contacting Azamara Club Cruises.

We value the time that you have taken to address your stateroom query.

Kindly note that regrettably we did not had enough time to finish the

revitalisation on the Azamara Journey on dry dock, therefore we had to

continue with these changes for the up coming sailing's. We needed to move

certain guests from their cabins that were near the construction area,

unfortunately they were not happy so they decided to cancel.

We only take this action when it is necessary realising that these changes

are unwelcome and we are genuinely sorry that this has disrupted our guests

holiday plans.

However, please take this email as a confirmation in written that you are

not in our list to be moved nor downgraded due to these changes, your will

remain in the same cabin, We guarantee that you will barely notice that we

are working on the ship because all this will behind scenes.

Should you have any other type of enquires, please do not hesitate to

contact our customer service number 0844 493 4016 any representative will

be happy to help you.

Yours sincerely."

According to Customer Services, it appears to give the impression that onboard guests (wherever they are on the ship) will be unaware of any work being carried out .....

It would be appreciated if Bonnie could enlighten us on this subject.

Rita

Edited by factor30

I posted the following on the Jan 27 2016 'Journey' thread on Aug 27.

However, I then thought it might be of interest to other Azamara guests on future sailings in the New Year......

As we have a reservation for a VX aft cabin on Deck 7 (booked March 2015), we thought we'd better check the situation re changes by Azamara. On 25 July our TA sent an email to Azamara Customer Services asking them to confirm that our booking for the reserved cabin for Jan 27 2016 was secure, i.e. that we would not be moved to (or offered) a lower grade cabin, etc. This is their reply received three weeks later. I would mention that the grammar and spelling is as it appeared on their email.

"Thank you for contacting Azamara Club Cruises.

We value the time that you have taken to address your stateroom query.

Kindly note that regrettably we did not had enough time to finish the

revitalisation on the Azamara Journey on dry dock, therefore we had to

continue with these changes for the up coming sailing's. We needed to move

certain guests from their cabins that were near the construction area,

unfortunately they were not happy so they decided to cancel.

We only take this action when it is necessary realising that these changes

are unwelcome and we are genuinely sorry that this has disrupted our guests

holiday plans.

However, please take this email as a confirmation in written that you are

not in our list to be moved nor downgraded due to these changes, your will

remain in the same cabin, We guarantee that you will barely notice that we

are working on the ship because all this will behind scenes.

Should you have any other type of enquires, please do not hesitate to

contact our customer service number 0844 493 4016 any representative will

be happy to help you.

Yours sincerely."

According to Customer Services, it appears to give the impression that onboard guests (wherever they are on the ship) will be unaware of any work being carried out .....

It would be appreciated if Bonnie could enlighten us on this subject.

Rita

Hi Factor30,

I shall be happy to (attempt to) enlighten you but I'm not clear which subject you refer to? If it's regarding whether you'll be moved, I believe our customer service agent is assuring you that you're not programmed to be moved.

If it's regarding whether you'll be aware of work being done behind the scenes, I have been told it should last no longer than 3-5 days at the beginning of the voyage immediately following dry dock. You may see the occasional worker in a jumpsuit. You may hear some noise but I rather doubt it would be very noticeable.

Lastly, if it's regarding the grammar and spelling in the response email you received, I can only apologize on behalf of that office. I'm assuming it came from the UK office and I will forward our conversation along to the UK MD. He is very proactive. I'm sure he'll review the situation and enforce a system whereby outgoing communications are proofed by a manager. I can only assume the agent who sent you that message was overly eager to please and unfortunately responded without minimally an auto-spell. Again I apologize.

I would suggest you email the UK MD Richard Twynam, rtwynam@azamaraclubcruises, to allow him to apologize as well.

Hi Factor30,

I shall be happy to (attempt to) enlighten you but I'm not clear which subject you refer to? If it's regarding whether you'll be moved, I believe our customer service agent is assuring you that you're not programmed to be moved.

If it's regarding whether you'll be aware of work being done behind the scenes, I have been told it should last no longer than 3-5 days at the beginning of the voyage immediately following dry dock. You may see the occasional worker in a jumpsuit. You may hear some noise but I rather doubt it would be very noticeable.

Lastly, if it's regarding the grammar and spelling in the response email you received, I can only apologize on behalf of that office. I'm assuming it came from the UK office and I will forward our conversation along to the UK MD. He is very proactive. I'm sure he'll review the situation and enforce a system whereby outgoing communications are proofed by a manager. I can only assume the agent who sent you that message was overly eager to please and unfortunately responded without minimally an auto-spell. Again I apologize.

I would suggest you email the UK MD Richard Twynam, rtwynam@azamaraclubcruises, to allow him to apologize as well.

Hi Bonnie

Thank you for responding so promptly.

Actually, the main purpose for copying the email to the main forum was that I thought it might be helpful to those guests also booked on the Jan 27 sailing who have accommodation on Deck 7(in particular) - there have been some concerns mentioned on the forum re the subject of noise, etc. from Deck 8.

Re the spelling and grammar, I just copied the email from the original received. I didn't think any comment was necessary.

We look forward to receiving further updates as and when they become available.

Rita

Bonnie, I'd hope nobody in the UK office would compose or allow a letter like that to be sent. I detect a bit of a Guatemalan accent;)

Phil

Bonnie, I'd hope nobody in the UK office would compose or allow a letter like that to be sent. I detect a bit of a Guatemalan accent;)

Phil

Probablamente, Phil. But I believe there is a rather small team dedicated to the UK market and they need to know your red pencils at the ready.

Errors of that magnitude are unacceptable and discredit the brand. I am sure Mr. Twynam will point this out to whomever is the supervisor.

Rita, (factor 30),

I am on the Jan. 27 forum, also. I wonder if Bonnie knows anything about those people on deck 7 whose cabins have recently been taken away. Reason: not all cabin refits will be completed on deck 7, also!! Substitute choices were an ocean view or undesirable balcony location forward or aft on deck 6. If I recall the post, there was also additional obc for the step down; I only know what they have posted.

According to our TA, our cabin is still available. However, it seems as if we will have noise from above, and noise very near us.

Air is not an issue, so we may rethink our situation before final payment.

Rose

Hi Factor30,

Bonnie,

You cannot be serious! I do not believe anyone in the UK office would compose a response with so many literals and errors.

It is embarrassing to read.