Complimentary wine question

ajaxup

My wife prefers sparkling wines, especially cavas and proseccos, none of which I saw on the complimentary "Boutique wine" list. Does anyone who has cruised recently on The Quest know if there were any complimentary sparkling wine choices available or should I purchase her a wine package? Thank you.

Edited by ajaxup

My wife prefers sparkling wines, especially cavas and proseccos, none of which I saw on the complimentary "Boutique wine" list. Does anyone who has cruised recently on The Quest know if there were any complimentary sparkling wine choices available or should I purchase her a wine package? Thank you.

You will have to buy a package to get sparkling wines.:(

We are just back from our cruise on Quest...there were no complimentary sparkling wines. We met a couple of experienced cruisers who were first-time with AZ. They were having a wonderful time, but had only one comment on an improvement: offer a complimentary sparkling wine. How easy is that?

We are just back from our cruise on Quest...there were no complimentary sparkling wines. We met a couple of experienced cruisers who were first-time with AZ. They were having a wonderful time, but had only one comment on an improvement: offer a complimentary sparkling wine. How easy is that?

No kidding. It's not like you can't find cavas and proseccos for around $10/bottle. She may just have to stick to whites!:mad: Hope you enjoyed your cruise. This will be our first on AZ. We've only sailed on X previously and really enjoyed ourselves. Usually on Solstice class which we love. We're curious as to how we'll like smaller ships.

Edited by ajaxup

If you can afford an Azamara cruise, surely you can afford to buy your wife a nice bottle of Champagne? :)

True...but I don't drink it and she's not going to finish a bottle by herself at one sitting so the rest would just go flat. Hopefully the by-the-glass package has some cavas or prossecos which she actually prefers to champagne. Wish I knew what sparkling wines were in the package. Guess I'll find out onboard and see if they are to her liking and then I can buy the package. Like the previous poster said it'd be nice if AZ had at least one sparkler in the complimentary lineup. :D

True...but I don't drink it and she's not going to finish a bottle by herself at one sitting so the rest would just go flat. Hopefully the by-the-glass package has some cavas or prossecos which she actually prefers to champagne. Wish I knew what sparkling wines were in the package. Guess I'll find out onboard and see if they are to her liking and then I can buy the package. Like the previous poster said it'd be nice if AZ had at least one sparkler in the complimentary lineup. :D

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/booked-guests/onboard-packages/beverage-packages

No kidding. It's not like you can't find cavas and proseccos for around $10/bottle. She may just have to stick to whites!:mad: Hope you enjoyed your cruise. This will be our first on AZ. We've only sailed on X previously and really enjoyed ourselves. Usually on Solstice class which we love. We're curious as to how we'll like smaller ships.

I hope you enjoy AZ...we certainly do. We were on the Baltic itinerary...just fabulous with excellent close-in berths. The ship was in good order, crew as fun and friendly as ever, and the food was great, in my opinion. This was our first cruise on AZ since the all-inclusive alcohol, and it certainly made a difference in the liveliness of the crowd. Everyone seemed to be having a wonderful time. And I imagine that it won't take them long to add a bubbly to the list, after all the feedback they've received here and on the mid-cruise comment cards.;)

We are trying Celebrity for the first time in 2016...purely itinerary driven, but maybe we'll find a nice alternative to AZ.

I hope you enjoy AZ...we certainly do. We were on the Baltic itinerary...just fabulous with excellent close-in berths. The ship was in good order, crew as fun and friendly as ever, and the food was great, in my opinion. This was our first cruise on AZ since the all-inclusive alcohol, and it certainly made a difference in the liveliness of the crowd. Everyone seemed to be having a wonderful time. And I imagine that it won't take them long to add a bubbly to the list, after all the feedback they've received here and on the mid-cruise comment cards.;)

We are trying Celebrity for the first time in 2016...purely itinerary driven, but maybe we'll find a nice alternative to AZ.

We have only cruised on X since we started five years ago, mainly on S-class which we love. They're open, easy to navigate and kept very clean. The crews have been uniformly happy, helpful and very engaging despite the large ship they're responsible for. Sky suites are our choice because they're roomy and on the aft side. We love sitting on the large balconies at sunset watching/listening to the wake, drinking wine and listening to music. The way I'd like to expire when it's my time:)!

If you can afford an Azamara cruise, surely you can afford to buy your wife a nice bottle of Champagne? :)

The lack of a sparkling wine has been discussed here ad nauseum. It is ABSURD that Azamara does not include ANY sparking wine on their inclusive list, and in my opinion is a real negative of the brand (not enough to make me skip an Azarmara trip, because yes, I can afford to buy real champagne on the ship), but nonetheless, a short sighted oversight by whoever puts their wine list together. I mean, come one, how much sparking wine can one drink anyway (and they can likely buy a Prosecco or Cava at a better price point than the inclusive wines).

John R.

Edited by PSULion

We were on the Quest on the first all inclusive cruise which was in April 2013. Don't hold your breath on the sparkling wine issue. If they haven't included it after 21/2 years I wouldn't have thought it is imminent.

The lack of a sparkling wine has been discussed here ad nauseum. It is ABSURD that Azamara does not include ANY sparking wine on their inclusive list, and in my opinion is a real negative of the brand (not enough to make me skip an Azarmara trip, because yes, I can afford to buy real champagne on the ship), but nonetheless, a short sighted oversight by whoever puts their wine list together. I mean, come one, how much sparking wine can one drink anyway (and they can likely buy a Prosecco or Cava at a better price point than the inclusive wines).

John R.

For me there are some very good sparkling wines that are not expensive. It seems there are many wine companies that want to have their wines sparkling, like Moscato.

Perhaps it's the same issue someone mentioned upthread - worries not enough people would order a sparkling wine and it would go flat, leading to much waste?

I don't see this as being a real issue if the bottle is spread across a whole dining venue... Perhaps just offer it at dining venues during meal times as a compromise?

Not only sparkling wine is not on the complimentary but there is also no Brandy on the complimentary which I find strange.

Reminder that if your butler brings you one of the complimentary drinks to your room you will be charged for it. That is why I got charged for the tequila. Apparently the comp is only at the bars and I guess restaurant.

I typed in Google "what liquors are complimentary on Azamara" and here is what came up. I haven't confirmed that directly with Azamara, but it is just a list. Notice Beefeater gin, but not my Blue Sapphire gin. Two low cost brandys are there.

SPIRITS

Anisette

• Apricot Brandy

• Beefeater gin

• Blackberry Brandy

• Blue Curaçao

• Butterscotch Schnapps

• Cherry Brandy

• Crème de Almond

• Crème de Banana

• Crème de Cacao Dark

• Crème de Cacao White

• Crème de Cassis

• Crème de Menthe Green

• Crème de Menthe White

• Cutty Sark scotch whisky

• Finlandia vodka

• Gordon's gin

• Jim Beam bourbon

• José Cuervo Especial Silver tequila

• Kirsch

• Mount Gay Eclipse Silver rum

• Orange Curaçao

• Peach Schnapps

• Peppermint Schnapps

• Seagram's Seven Crown whisky

• Sloe gin

• Smirnoff vodka

• Sour Apple Pucker

• Triple Sec

• Vermouth Dry

• Vermouth Sweet

Cocktails and Long Drinks

• Appletini

• Bay Breeze

• Bloody Mary

• Blue Wave

• Cape Cod

• Caribbean Sunset

• Daiquiri

• Gibson

• Gimlet

• Grasshopper

• Greyhound

• Kamikaze

• Long Island Iced Tea

• Mai Tai

• Manhattan

• Margarita

• Martini

• Old Fashioned

• Piña Colada

• Planter's Punch

• Rob Roy

• Rum Runner

• Salty Dog

• Screwdriver

• Sea Breeze

• Tequila Sunrise

• Tom Collins

• Vodka Stinger

• Whiskey Sour

• Zentini

Beer

• Budweiser

• Bud Light

• Beck's

Boutique Wines

• Bogle Chardonnay (California)

• Bulletin Place Shiraz (Australia)

• Caposaldo Pinot Grigio (Italy)

• Castle Rock Pinot Noir (California)

• Cline Zinfandel (California)

• Cousiño Macul Cabernet Sauvignon Antiguas Reservas (Chile)

• Cousiño Macul Riesling Reserva (Chile)

• JMF Periquita (Portugal)

• Main Street Chardonnay (California)

• Melini Laborel Chianti Classico (Italy)

• Serra da Estrela Albariño (Portugal)

• Stellenzicht Pinotage (South Africa)

• Stellenzicht Sauvignon Blanc (South Africa)

• The Crusher Merlot (California)

• Periqueta Rosé (Portugal)

• Canyon Road Cabernet Sauvignon (California)

• Heritance Sauvignon Blanc (California)

• Pedroncelli Friends White (California)

• Clifford Bay Sauvignon Blanc (New Zealand)

Edited by scapel

Would a complimentary drink ordered from a bar become a "non-complimentary" chargeable drink if ordered from a bar waiter while lounging at the pool? Or do all complimentary drinks need to be personally ordered from the bartender at the bar itself?( I think I may have made this question more difficult than necessary, but does someone understand what I am asking?:)) Thank you

Would a complimentary drink ordered from a bar become a "non-complimentary" chargeable drink if ordered from a bar waiter while lounging at the pool? Or do all complimentary drinks need to be personally ordered from the bartender at the bar itself?( I think I may have made this question more difficult than necessary, but does someone understand what I am asking?:)) Thank you

No problem . Complimentary drinks are free of charge no matter where you order it, except from your room.

The bartenders/bar waiters circulate (including at the pool deck) and all the complimentary drinks are still complimentary!