Royal Princess-Drydock

Amtrack Springfield

I saw something that the Royal Princess was going into dry dock in September. They were make change similar to the Regal Princess. Are they going to update the ship?

I haven't heard from an official source that it's a drydock.

When we were on the Royal earlier this year, our captain, Dino Sagani, mentioned the Royal would need to be taken out of service sometime soon to take care of warranty repair issues. At that time there was a break in the Royal's schedule in 2016...February 8 - 22. I'm guessing that was the break he was referring to.

Later, two 7-day cruises were scheduled during that timeframe. The TA scheduled to embark Civitavecchia on September 24, 2016 was cancelled and rescheduled for October 8th, leaving it out of service for two weeks. My guess is this is when warranty issues will be addressed.

Captain Sagani did not mention any upgrades would be performed during the break.

Lew

I'd read ages ago that they would open a narrow walkway behind the lifeboats on Promenade deck like on the Regal and that they would make modifications to MUTS and the Retreat pool area to cut down on wind and the aft soot problems.

Highly unlikely they'll put in the small aft pool. Two weeks probably wouldn't be enough time.

I'd read ages ago that they would open a narrow walkway behind the lifeboats on Promenade deck like on the Regal and that they would make modifications to MUTS and the Retreat pool area to cut down on wind and the aft soot problems

Highly unlikely they'll put in the small aft pool. Two weeks probably wouldn't be enough time.

Good info Pam, thanks.