Congrats to Azamara - Skifties 2015 Social Media Award Winner

Andy

Hi Everyone,

Thought this might be of interest to our Community. Congratulations to Larry Pimentel, everyone at Azamara, and their wonderful Officers & Crew for winning the 2015 Skifties Social Media Award, Most Effective Brand On Social Media - Cruise Line.

Here's a link to the details : http://skift.com/2015/09/01/announcing-the-winners-of-skifties-2015-social-media-awards-for-travel-brands/

Not being AZ only focused, I have the opportunity to see a lot of cruise lines's sites and social media interactions I have to agree. I've been impressed by the idea of a chief blogging officer- clearly a great way to stay on top.of the potential runaway train of social media, and also be quickly responsive to customers in need. The site itself is beautiful, the photography and descriptions are really cohesive...I haven't cruised AZ yet, but I'm hoping that it matches the experience they are trying to create onboard and in their destinations! Lastly, although sometimes the site can be a little labyrinth, (where to find what I'm looking for? ) I am thoroughly impressed with the level of detail they offer, very far in advance of cruising, about shore excursions. If you are going to be destination focused, you can't send out detailed info about the "where's and what's available" for each port with the final documents (or worse- as you disembark in port! :eek:) as some cruise lines do. Having this info on the website is wonderful!

So congratulations to Azamara, this traveler is happy!