Azmara ships have azipods

scapel

neither...traditional shaft/prop and you will definitely realize that if you stay in 6088 (or any deck 6 aft rooms), but it was only noticeable when arriving/leaving dock.

neither...traditional shaft/prop and you will definitely realize that if you stay in 6088 (or any deck 6 aft rooms), but it was only noticeable when arriving/leaving dock.

Well I had the 8088 on Quest and did not notice any vibration. I sailed the Millennium on her 3nd cruise in 2000 and we notice vibration as you said above when she docked. Her first cruise cancelled, and her second had converter problems, but we had no trouble at all. The vibration can be a good thing in case you are sleeping so it wakes you up to let you know you are docking.

Does Azamara have stern thrusters also to help with docking. I never did find out when I was on the Quest. So Azamara is a standard shaft but it is an electric driven motor? I haven's seen a picture of the underside of the R ships to see how much water is presented to the props.

The Millennium class ships have had trouble particularly in the ones that had to run fast and long. ie: Infinity Valparaiso to Buenos Aires.

I had the Infinity have to cancel two days before a departure out of Ensenada for a Hawaiian cruise some time back. Celebrity really made everything OK even though we had our own flights booked.

Does Azamara have stern thrusters also to help with docking. I never did find out when I was on the Quest. So Azamara is a standard shaft but it is an electric driven motor? I haven's seen a picture of the underside of the R ships to see how much water is presented to the props.

No, Azamara has bow thrusters, but no stern thrusters. Control here is done by the rudders and propellers.

I've been in 6088 and 6091. Whilst it's true that temporarily you will feel it when you are docking or tendering I found vibration most noticeable when going at or near full speed. The cabin shook. At slower speed you don't feel anything. Move up a deck and it's less. Having said that, personally the vibration doesn't really bother me.

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden

No, Azamara has bow thrusters, but no stern thrusters. Control here is done by the rudders and propellers.

I've been in 6088 and 6091. Whilst it's true that temporarily you will feel it when you are docking or tendering I found vibration most noticeable when going at or near full speed. The cabin shook. At slower speed you don't feel anything. Move up a deck and it's less. Having said that, personally the vibration doesn't really bother me.

Phil

Agree.

Do the two Azamara ships use the Azipod system or similar Mermaid pods or neither?

Hating to be the one "without a clue", but what is this about and what/how will it affect our cruise? We're in 6093 for B2B.

Thanks-chris

Edited by cbradley1209

Hating to be the one "without a clue", but what is this about and what/how will it affect our cruise? We're in 6093 for B2B.

Thanks-chris

Chris,

This doesn't affect the cruise. It was just a question about this old Ren ship which was built in 2000, the same year as the Millennium which had the Azipods.