Cabins below gym: any noise problem?

brendayuhu

I called Azamara and was told the gym hours are 7 AM to 11 PM. On the Quest the gym is forward on deck 9. There are cabins under the gym on deck 8. Has anyone ever stayed in one? If so, do you hear the gym when you are trying to sleep? Please respond.

I called Azamara and was told the gym hours are 7 AM to 11 PM. On the Quest the gym is forward on deck 9. There are cabins under the gym on deck 8. Has anyone ever stayed in one? If so, do you hear the gym when you are trying to sleep? Please respond.

it is from 6 am to 10. .and he captain sleeps under it and other officers.. so they get the wake up call not you.

It looks like cabins 8001, 8003, and 8005 are under the gym.

The Azamara cabins spreadsheet has 2 reviews of cabin 8001 on the Journey where they said noise was not an issue.

However, there was a recent posting in the Azamara cabins thread where someone had stayed in 8001 on the Quest and had noise from the gym and jogging track starting at 6 am every morning.

I didn't notice any comments about 8003 or 8005.

We have cabin 8000 booked for our upcoming cruise and figure it will be OK since that cabin is under the acupuncture area. Who knows what will be located up there after the upcoming renovations though.

We had 8005 on Journey and used to hear a muffled banging noise from above which went on for about 15 mins early each morning. One morning I went up to investigate in the gym only to find it completely empty apart from a very old man skipping with his skipping rope right next to the mirrored wall. The noise wasn't actually too bad and once we knew the cause, used to laugh when it started up. We never heard any other noise coming from the gym.