FAO ExcitedofHarpenden

Glenndale

Phil,

I notice that you caution against 8063 as a cabin choice. Can you expand on that, is it because of noise and from experience?

Are there any noise free cabins on deck 8?

Any one else feel free to pitch in :)

Thanks

Hi Glenn. I haven't been in 8063, but heard from a good source that 8063/5/7 are under the kitchen and can be noisy. I just had a search on the cabin here on the Azamara board and some mentioned a dishwasher, others said it was quiet. It does of course depend upon how sensitive you are to noise. I am a pain in this regard! I had friends in 8061 next door on the last cruise and they said it was quiet. Windows is narrower on that side to accommodate the kitchens, but 8061 is far enough forward I think.

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden

I wear soft foam earplugs wherever I sleep, and a black sleep mask. Amazing how the quality of my sleep improved. I always take these on cruises in case of noise issues with our cabins. Also, on most cruise ships the sound level in the theaters are at a painful level! The foam ear plugs soften the blows, so to speak. :D

Thanks for all of your replies, we are considering our options.

I do take ear plugs with me which do help, never tried them in the theatre though, maybe I will in future as I too, find the noise levels too high.

Maybe they think that because many of us are over 60 that we are going deaf, and if we're not deaf we will be by the time we leave the theatre :D

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if this will help but we have just returned from the Journey and had suite numbers 8053 and 8055. They were very quiet. First time on a cruise I feel I could post this. Felt like we were the only people on the ship.

Cannot recommend these suites highly enough, just by the lift and the stairs.

Oh and the Butler, Elro was excellent.

Utter bliss.