Missing Cruise

JSCW6

Does anyone know why the web site no longer lists all of the cruises for August 2016? My Journey cruise from Venice to Greece on August 2nd no longer appears on Azamara's web site. This happened once before when they changed the cruise eliminating Turkey from the cruise destinations. Are they changing the ports again?

Does anyone know why the web site no longer lists all of the cruises for August 2016? My Journey cruise from Venice to Greece on August 2nd no longer appears on Azamara's web site. This happened once before when they changed the cruise eliminating Turkey from the cruise destinations. Are they changing the ports again?

Actually it looks like three cruises that month have been pulled from the site. They're also not showing available on another cruise booking web site. Have you tried calling AZ directly?

Edited by ChucktownSteve

On the European website that I am looking at it shows 5 consecutive cruises from the 10th July 16 onwards as sold out, including your cruise leaving Istanbul on 2nd August ending in Athens. Hope that helps.

I find it hard to believe that 5 consecutive cruises for next Summer are completely sold out already. Maybe they have been with drawn due to a private charter as often seems to happen with Azamara or they are changing the itineraries yet again. I was interested in one of the August cruises but the recent problems in the Greek Islands deterred me from booking at this time.

I find it hard to believe that 5 consecutive cruises for next Summer are completely sold out already. Maybe they have been with drawn due to a private charter as often seems to happen with Azamara or they are changing the itineraries yet again. I was interested in one of the August cruises but the recent problems in the Greek Islands deterred me from booking at this time.

I agree with you, hard to believe that five consecutive cruises that far ahead are all sold out. That was shown on a fairly big German discounter site, who are usually fairly reliable at showing cabin numbers available etc. However a very large US discounter is still showing all the cruises for sale even the 2nd August, so who knows.

Good morning, We have booked this cruise, 10 nights from Athens next August 19th.

It no longer appears on the Azamara website!! We are concerned that it has been cancelled or chartered!

Can anyone shine some light on this

Many thanks

There's another thread about this here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2252340

I was looking to book one for around this time and notice a lot marked as sold out. I'm not sure whether these have been put on Code Red, meaning Azamara are looking at the itineraries and not taking further bookings until sorted out. Changes afoot? The common theme seems to be Istanbul. I hope it's not another charter as Journey won't long be finished one in April for 34 nights. Perhaps our Chief Blogging Officer Bonnie can shed some light?

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden

Good morning, We have booked this cruise, 10 nights from Athens next August 19th.

It no longer appears on the Azamara website!! We are concerned that it has been cancelled or chartered!

Can anyone shine some light on this

Many thanks

What did Azamara say when you called them, or had your travel agent call them?

I'll see if I can't get you an answer today.

My guess is they are working on the site, nothing more. Earlier this month there was a similar question on this board about Quest 17MAY16 which was offline for a day. Here's the response I received then. "We had to redeploy voyages for 2016-17 due to drydock. This voyage was one of the first that was redeployed. It has since been added back to the website, and should now be visible."

I underlined the phrase that leads me to believe we are looking at the same situation with Journey 19AUG16. But...I could be mistaken. Let's wait and see.

I posted a question on another thread about my cruise which was beginning in Venice on August 2nd, 2016 and ending on August 9th in Athens and had disappeared from the web site. I have heard from my travel agent that Azamara is changing the destinations for the August 2016 cruises and it is NOT a glitch in the web site. Many of the Greek ports are no longer part of my cruise including Athens. Not sure why they are doing this, but I advise you to contact your travel agent. I wish Azamara would hurry and repost the cruises onto the site!

Thameside, that itinerary you mentioned was changed last winter which makes me believe the information is not correct. Bonnie, do you have any news?

Hello JSCW6, I've inquired for you. And p.s. I apologize for not seeing this thread the other day.

I have learned that the itineraries of three 2016 Eastern Med Journey voyages are changing. They are 02AUG16, 09AUG16 AND 19AUG16.

The turn-around port of Athens will now be Civitavecchia (Rome), as another poster mentioned.

The new itineraries are expected to be live on our website sometime today. I will give you a sneak peek of the new 19AUG16 itinerary:

JR 19AUG16 New Itinerary as of 8:27:15 Sheet1.pdf

Hi Bonnie

Thanks for your reply, we'll check out the ports of call, we chose this for our Ruby anniversary as we honeymooned in the Greek islands!

Also is there any further update re the proposed changes to the open air dining at the rear of Azamara Journey.

Hi Everyone,

I've merged the 2 similar threads. Hope this helps !

Thanks Andy.

I was checking again this morning and there are no new itineraries up on the website yet. In addition there seem to be a few more cruises coming up as "sold out" than those three Bonnie mentioned. The two previous cruises starting the 10th July (so that would be a gap from 10th July right through to the cruise ending on the 29th August) and a twelve and a seven night cruise both in June. Not sure if this is coincidence. The commonality in these itineraries is Turkey.

Phil

Hi Phil

I think its because of the migrant crisis in the Greek Islands, as the new itinerary for our 19th August departure visits Kusadasi and still ends in Istanbul ( a great itinerary but not one we wanted as have visited all the ports except Mykonos and Lesbos and the ship departs there at 1pm!)

What do you think is going on?

Hi Phil

I think its because of the migrant crisis in the Greek Islands, as the new itinerary for our 19th August departure visits Kusadasi and still ends in Istanbul ( a great itinerary but not one we wanted as have visited all the ports except Mykonos and Lesbos and the ship departs there at 1pm!)

What do you think is going on?

It could be that, I'm not sure. Or perhaps they are altering itineraries that have multiple Turkey stops and/or overnights in Istanbul. The migrant issue is a huge one. I was on Journey last year off the coast of Samos on the way to Kusadasi when we were involved in a rescue in the middle of the night and it didn't end well. Quite a number oF deaths. All very sad:(

Phil

It appears that both Turkey and Greece are itinerary stops Azamara is trying to avoid. Our cruise on August 2nd began as a Greece and Turkey cruise. The this past winter it eliminated Turkey. We stayed on for Greece. Now it appears that they have eliminated Greece. I am unhappy that they keep changing itineraries, but not posting them quickly on the web site. I would like to see all of my options.

It could be that, I'm not sure. Or perhaps they are altering itineraries that have multiple Turkey stops and/or overnights in Istanbul. The migrant issue is a huge one. I was on Journey last year off the coast of Samos on the way to Kusadasi when we were involved in a rescue in the middle of the night and it didn't end well. Quite a number oF deaths. All very sad:(

Phil

you have not talked about this at all. send me a message when you can