Navigator of the Seas aft cabins 7388 or 7382!!

jstpshe

Well I've been checking the thread out to see if I can find out anything about these 2 cabins but found out nothing except that the aft cabin 7388 is right above where the crew members work and that with it being on the corner the view might be obstructed a little bit.

Is there anyone out there that can tell me about the noise level, view and or anything about this balcony, please?

I have checked out the sites that are on here showing corner aft cabins but the one I have on deck 7 looks like it as a little porthole so I'm really confused. Always got midship and now i'm really getting worried that I should'nt have gotten this cabin at all but ship is filling up fast.

I sure don't want to upset DH expecially when I booked this so soon in advance.

Please help, Have you had this cabin or the other one 7382 which is supposed to be a big picture window?

Thanks and have a great day!! CJ :) :)

Bonnie,

Thanks so much for that bit of imfo on the other cabin. It looks like I've got a few things in my way on that deck but I guess I'll have to stick with it because from what I'm gathering now, prices have gone up,so I don't want to pay any more than I need to for a balcony. I heard the other aft balconys were bigger than this on the higher decks and I dont mean the JS,etc. so how can this be the biggest balcony?

Has anyone had cabin 7382 with the big picture window by 7388 we are getting that one for someone else?

Have a great day!! CJ :) :)

Trust me, there are no bigger aft balconies than 7388/7688 unless you get an aft suite. Even those balconies aren't much bigger if not about the same size as 7388/7688. There are lots of aft cabins that are bigger though, but not balconies! 7388/7688 balconies have very nice views. Yes, you will have some structure toward the back of the ship that will be part of your view but you have a completely unobstructed view out the side which is the same view that every side balcony has. Your huge balcony will more than make up for any slight obstruction to the rear view! After a while, you won't even notice the obstruction. These are coveted cabins, so you won't be sorry! Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

I can certainly agree with Bonnie on the size of the balconies... we were in cabin 1694 (deck 10, aft) and enjoyed a very large balcony -- but not at all what that one has!

The only caution I might add is that, from deck 10, we were able to look down on the balconies below us due to the "stair-step" design of the aft section of the ship. If you are at all uncomfortable with people peering down on you, it would be best to try to book a deck 10 aft cabin. However, it is only the "uncovered" parts of the decks that are visible from above.

As to the noise, I noticed none from our location, other than when I was out on the deck at the same time as the people below me. (Inside the cabin, it was very quiet.)

Dear TexasDH and Bonnie Voyager,

I appreciate the imformation on the aft cabin. I never thought about that, but you're right TexasDH, the top decks would be able to see pretty good! Oh better watch myself and DH down there!! Hopefully it won't be noisy around us. I'd like a little peace and quiet.

It's too late to book another good aft cabin, I'm stuck with this one. The price on this cruise has gone up alot since I first booked it.

Anymore imformation would be greatly appreciated. Also on the cabin number 7382 whick is booked for someone else going with me. Thanks!

Well have a great day and both of you thanks again. CJ :):)

Don't feel like you are "stuck" with that cabin... actually you will LOVE the huge veranda! You probably don't need to worry much about those above you, as I tried to respect the privacy of those below us -- I am sure the same will hold true on your cruise! (I just wanted to point out that aspect, earlier...)

You will have a wonderful time -- especially watching the wake as you sail away each afternoon/evening!

jstpshe, no need to worry about privacy from above on your deck 7 aft balconies! You can not be seen from above. And, unless there is a crew member out on the open area of deck 6 (which doesn't really happen that often) you will have almost total privacy! You and your friends in the next cabin will be able to "peek" around the divider and look into each others balconies if you choose to, but other than that you are private! Deck 7 aft is completely covered by Deck 8 so all those deck 7 aft balconies can not be looked down on from above like the Deck 8 and 9 aft balconies can. And I concur with what TexasDH says about not feeling "stuck" with this cabin! People flock to those cabins! You were very lucky to get them! You will love them! The only cabin that I would choose other than 7388/7688 would be 1388/1688 (which is the cabin that I have chosen on ALL my Voyager/Freedom-class ships). But honestly, I like the balcony of 7388/7688 even better than 1388/1688! It's the cabin of 1388/1688 that keeps me coming back! It is HUGE for the same price as a regular D1 and with a very large balcony that gives us sun and shade at the same time! Perfect for my family! But if it was not available, I'd JUMP on 7388/7688 in a heartbeat!!!

Thank you so much for sharing your link and the great pictures. My friend and I are sailing on the Adventure OTS in September. Today I noticed that cabin 9690 became available so we grabbed it. It might not be the biggest but is sure beats the one we had on the port side!

This is going to be a great birthday :D

Linda

Could you please tell me if you get much AIR or breeze on the AFT cabins? Also, on Deck 7 cabins 7388/7688, do you get much sun for sunbathing? Any breeze? Or are the breezes only up on the higher decks. This is really important to me b/c we will be cruising in July/August and we will need the breeze.

Thanks in advance!!!

ciship ~ I think a lot depends on which way the wind is blowing in relationship to the direction the ship is sailing. If the ship is sailing directly into the wind then I would expect almost no wind or breezes aft.

Maybe someone can provide details of their experience....:confused:

What about sun on those Deck 7 cabins? Do you get any sun or are they all covered?

I think I noticed on Deck 7 or 8 those BIG side portholes on the aft SIDE cabins. I would think this would allow for a better breeze just on those two cabins since you are getting allowed air from the side as well as the back.

We had almost no breeze on our verandah... but we weren't on the corners, with the portholes. And, the only day we had sun on our deck was the day we sailed back to Ft. Lauderdale from Cozumel. (heading north-east in the spring)... that will depend on when (time of year) and where (direction) you are sailing.

1688 and 1690 had sun on some area of the balcony pretty much every day on both the eastern and the western caribbean itineraries. We had a slight breeze on 1688 if we were near the railing. I'm not sure if 1690 had the breeze (our friends were in 1690). I would assume 1388/1390 were the same. I also know that 7388/7688 do get some sun depending on time of day and direction headed and they do get some breeze through that huge porthole on the side of the balcony. At least the time I visited the balcony of 7388 there was sun AND breeze.

I have another question to ask you, well actually a few!

They tell me a third person can go in that room 7388 there is no sofa bed but there is something that comes out from the ceiling for someone to sleep on(forgot what it's called- a berth ?).

I'm just wandering if that is good enough and comfortable enough for a person to sleep on. I might be adding someone to our room(grown daughter) but I don't want anyone to be crowded in that room or have problems sleeping. It's so expensive to book a room just for her and I just figured that extra money could be used for more fun things, but like I said I don't want to squeeze 3 adults in one room if it's too much. It's costing me $1583.55 for her to have her own room/space. I have to decide before final payment in August. By the way how far down the hall is 7382 from 7388?

I'm stuck doing a lot of walking getting to everything now too, right? Are the elevators too far away from my room? I told my husband about me booking the aft cabin and he commented that he does'nt want to walk a mile to get to things. He's so use to being midship. I'm sorry for asking so many questions and do appreciate everyone taking the time to help me out.

Thanks and have a wonderful day!! CJ :):)

CJ, 7382 is very close to 7388! Probably about 5 feet away! The pullman bed in 7388 pulls out from the ceiling and is located directly over the heads of the regular beds. Here is a link to a photo...

http://community.webshots.com/photo/48328219/64755964ITvCNX

Most kids love the pullman beds, but I'm not sure how much your grown Daughter will enjoy sleeping right over Mom and Dad's heads, nor climbing on your bed to get in and out of the bunk. I think it probably depends more on her size than anything though. The bunks are a tad smaller than a standard twin bed. If your Daughter is average height/weight, it probably would be fine. The distance to the elevators from the aft cabin on Voyager-class ships is quite far as the "aft" elevators are really almost in the middle of the ship and the ship is very long. We always saw this as a good thing though as we appreciate all the extra exercise to help burn all the extra calories we are consuming! It is sort of "forced" exercise. You don't have to think about doing it, it just happens every time you leave or return to your cabin! Any person of normal mobility should not have a problem with the distance. Now, someone with any type of handicap that makes walking difficult may want to rethink booking an aft cabin on a Voyager-class ship. But if it's just a laziness factor, then I think the incredible balconies on the aft far outway the hassle of the long walk! Just my opinion though! ;)

I would have to agree with Bonnie's statement about the aft cabins being quite a hike from the elevators... I walked "heels in hand" many times to the elevators! ;) But, that is also one of the advantages... not many people will be passing along your door to disturb you!

Great information Bonnie and Texasdh......really appreciate it. I think I am almost settled on 7388 and 7382 for our request of cabins.

Here is another question......laundry rooms??? How far are they from any aft cabin? I have tried to find them on the deck plans, but I guess I'm just not looking in the right place???

This is for Bonnie Voyager, if you are still looking / browsing on this thread. By reputation you are the expert on aft balconies...my wife and I were lucky to get cabin 9390 on the Voyager for our upcoming repo cruise...another poster, Serene, has said only good things about this cabin and I was wondering your thoughts, both good and bad. It will be our first Aft Cabin, and we are very excited...what should we look forward to?

Thanks,

Michael

I'm also SO thankful to Bonnie Voyager for her awesome pictures of the AFT CABINS. I look at them atleast twice a day trying to figure out where I want to be.

I would love to have an AFT on Deck 10, but I am REALLY worried about the motion of the ship that high up. Can someone calm my fears???

ciship

Here is another question......laundry rooms??? How far are they from any aft cabin? I have tried to find them on the deck plans, but I guess I'm just not looking in the right place???

No self-laundry onboard.

I would love to have an AFT on Deck 10, but I am REALLY worried about the motion of the ship that high up. Can someone calm my fears???

ciship

As to the motion on deck 10 -- since that is where we were -- it wasn't bad except on the days the sea was very rough. Those days (2 out of 7) the movement and vibration was very noticeable, but not untolerable. We also loved only having to walk up one flight to get to the pool level... VERY convenient access outdoors!

I will let Bonnie answer your question, Michael, since it was directed to her... ;)

WHAT :eek: No Self Laundry!!!! Oh my gosh....I can't imagine!! Do they offer any services for doing laundry? I did laundry every other day on my last cruise. I can't stand to have dirty clothes laying around....eeekkk!!! Wow....I'm sure glad I asked that question!

Well, Texasdh, do you think if you have been on deck 7 or 8 instead of deck 10 that the motion would have been any different???

People say that the motion isn't as bad on the lower decks... but we typically book high on the ship. It is a mind-over-matter thing for me... I don't like being low on the ship. I loved the location... I wouldn't let the possible movement bother you. The majority of the days -- 5 out of 7 -- were very smooth.

My husband DID get motion sick, but it was from the TENDER ride from Grand Cayman with huge swells and "bobbing" in it for over 30 minutes while the ship repositioned... never from the motion onboard the ship.

As to the laundry, they DO have service, but I packed so much it wasn't a factor for me! (but, hauling the luggage was!) I don't know what the fees were... :confused:

ciship, I've never had any issues with movement when sailing on deck 10 aft. I notice much more movement at the front of the ship than at the back but even that motion is not bad unless the seas are rough. In rough seas, the ship moves no matter which deck you are on! I definitely would not shy away from deck 10 aft just to avoid possible motion.

Archived