Death on Carnival Inspiration

helen/steve

Heard about that... sad indeed... I think people "pass on" more often than we would think on cruise ships... They even have a "cooler" for just that on the ship (*shudders*)... Most of them are from those that have illness already, heart-attack, etc., the rare ones are the ones that "accidentally" fall overboard (how exactly that happens, I have no clue...)

A 26-year-old woman died on a Carnival cruise ship, and authorities are trying to determine whether a rare immune system disease contributed to her death.

Angela M. McDonald, of Palm Bay, stopped breathing after she sat down to eat a late dinner with her family on the ship, said her mother, Dawn Roberts. Efforts to resuscitate McDonald were unsuccessful.

McDonald suffered from scleroderma, a disease that causes the body's immune system to attack its own tissues.

I was on this cruise. I was eating late dinnner in the Mardi Gras dining room when over the lound speaker they called some sort of emergency in the Carnival dining room.

Then two guys ran by our table with all sorts of medical equipment.

I was on that cruise also, we were in the karaoke place when the music shut off and a lady came on the loud speaker and we couldnt understand what she was saying but I heard the word emergency, I didnt think anything about it and I would of had no idea if it had not been for this thread, I feel for her family

Archived