carry on water?

Slyfox16

You can carry on as much water as you like. You can even bring a case on as checked baggage. But

Princess sells 12X500ml bottles for $6.90 which is 58 cents/bottle. It is available in the cruise personlizer for pre-purchase only. Water is not sold on board for this price.

Also, ship's water is just as pure as bottled water. You can bring a water bottle along. There is a fridge in each cabin with ice. This is the no expense way to go.

You can carry on as much water as you like. You can even bring a case on as checked baggage. But

Princess sells 12X500ml bottles for $6.90 which is 58 cents/bottle. It is available in the cruise personlizer for pre-purchase only. Water is not sold on board for this price.

Also, ship's water is just as pure as bottled water. You can bring a water bottle along. There is a fridge in each cabin with ice. This is the no expense way to go.

Actually Princess tap water has less junk in it than most bottled water.

It might be a little less expensive to bring your own, but ordering ahead is worth it to me. It was waiting in the room when we arrived. I don't care for the tap water on the ship. I was on the Grand. I do drink the ice water, maybe it's better really cold.

You can pre-order and save the hassle of taking it onboard; however it's really no hassle to take it either--just tape a luggage tag to a case or two and send it with your checked luggage. A couple of extra dollars to the luggage handler is probably a good idea too.

I never purchase bottled water but, if that was something I did, I would just get the Princess water package. Cheap and easy and no hassle lugging water to the port. For those who do purchase bottled water I think it's a great deal.

Note: Having said we never purchase bottled water I will admit we will be taking bottles of water ashore with us on our next batch of cruises but we booked all of them under the Sip and Sail so we will snag them for "free" before leaving the ship.

Good info about pre-ordering water since I drink a LOT!!! In addition to lemonade, it's the only thing I drink. I was surprised this morning when I tried to order and found out it's pre-pay only. No option to use OBC, which I assumed I'd be able to do since that's how I reserved a few shore excursions. It's a small expense and I'll still do it...just surprised there is no OBC option!

Thanks for the tip!

Susan