Copenhagen-Amsterdam Hotels

AZDave

We will be going on a Princess cruiese next summer through the Baltic. Prior to the cruise we plan on spending several days in Copenhagen and Amsterdam. Any good recommendations for mid priced hotels?

AZDave

We will be on the July 4th sailing of the Star Princess out of Copenhagen and the wife and I are going in a day early to check out the city. We plan on staying at the Square which is a 3 star rated hotel. Some 3 and most 4 and 5 star hotels in Copenhagen appear to be very expensive. You might want to check out tripadvisor.com for recommendations.

We also stayed at the Square - small rooms, great location. In Amsterdam we got a special rate at the Grand Krasnapolsky - a wonderful hotel right in Dam Square. I usually book a hotel that allows cancellation up to a day or two before and does not require prepayment. As time gets closer I usually get either the same hotel or a better one at a cheaper price. Then I cancel my original reservation. If I do not find anything better, I stick with my original plan. Last year I booked the Square through the hotel and then found it for less money on Octopus Travel. They required pre-payment but it was only a few weeks before hand so I went for the savings.

Archived