MSC Seaside HELP!!!

denisebadger108

I booked on MSC Seaside on January 09, 2017 through Expedia AARP's site. I booked the Aurea balcony room #15003. This morning I went on the MSC website and entered my booking number. They arbitrarily changed our room to the 9th deck #9053! I called MSC and the representative told me I had to speak to "my agent". I called Expedia, they called MSC and said that they sent an email to their "inventory department" to see if I can get the room back. My Expedia agent said the supervisor she spoke to said, "She only has a $98.00 deposit on the room anyway", and that it was highly doubtful that I will get the room I booked. Do I have any legal recourse with this? Can MSC legally change my room without informing me? My biggest problem is that I've already booked the airfare into MIA for all 3 of us. That means I'll have to pay out of pocket for the change/cancellation fees. This seems hugely unjust. Sorry if I'm emotional, but we were really looking forward to this MSC Seaside inauguration cruise over Christmas. Any information that anyone can lend in assisting me would be greatly appreciated.

Denise Badger :mad::loudcry:

Sorry to hear this happened to you Denise. I would call MSC again and again and again. I have found that anyone who answers can help. Hopefully you will reach someone who can help you resolve this issue. Keep us posted.

Looks like they have been monkeying with the double and triple cabins. Cruisedeckplans.com has 15003 as a triple, and 15001 as a double. And there re other differences in that area, too. EM

I know, I took a look at that "new" deck plans. But they could have kept us on the same floor. Why would they sacrifice a connecting room (#9053) with 2 adults and one child? Anyway, we'll see what happens. The Expedia agent is supposed to call me tomorrow after receiving an email from MSC. I'll send an update when I have one. Thanks to everyone for the advice and support.

I don't see the problem stemming from Expedia simply because my confirmation and receipt depicts the cabin number I selected. MSC changed the room I chose from that on the 15th to the 9th floor. Regardless of why it was done, I can't see any reason why MSC couldn't keep us on the same floor. That's why I booked it year ahead. Newb or not, I put the blame on MSC and not Expedia.

We booked 15003 for Nov 2018. And, yes, it is a bit confusing as to how these cabins are configured. We were considering Deck 9 as well. We booked deck 10 twice for Divine and find being right in the middle of the ship to be quite stable and a smooth ride. The spa is just on deck 8 on Seaside, so being on deck 9 is quite convenient to it.

I know, I took a look at that "new" deck plans. But they could have kept us on the same floor. Why would they sacrifice a connecting room (#9053) with 2 adults and one child? Anyway, we'll see what happens. The Expedia agent is supposed to call me tomorrow after receiving an email from MSC. I'll send an update when I have one. Thanks to everyone for the advice and support.

15003 is a double room not a triple or quad.

here is a scan of an original Divina deck plan and it clearly has no triangle or diamond indicating 3/4guest

15003.jpg

15003b.jpg

and a screen dump of the deck plan on the MSC web site

15003bcjpg.jpg

Pete

Pete ... I think the op is talking about Seaside not Divina.

OOPS!!!!!!!

my mistake. I'm so used to answering questions about Divina that I sometimes miss that the post is related to other ships.

Pete

I booked on MSC Seaside on January 09, 2017 through Expedia AARP's site. I booked the Aurea balcony room #15003. This morning I went on the MSC website and entered my booking number. They arbitrarily changed our room to the 9th deck #9053! I called MSC and the representative told me I had to speak to "my agent". I called Expedia, they called MSC and said that they sent an email to their "inventory department" to see if I can get the room back. My Expedia agent said the supervisor she spoke to said, "She only has a $98.00 deposit on the room anyway", and that it was highly doubtful that I will get the room I booked. Do I have any legal recourse with this? Can MSC legally change my room without informing me? My biggest problem is that I've already booked the airfare into MIA for all 3 of us. That means I'll have to pay out of pocket for the change/cancellation fees. This seems hugely unjust. Sorry if I'm emotional, but we were really looking forward to this MSC Seaside inauguration cruise over Christmas. Any information that anyone can lend in assisting me would be greatly appreciated.

Denise Badger :mad::loudcry:

Just an FY. The balcony for #9053 is 96.88 square feet, but it would only be 48.44 square feet on Deck 15. The stateroom size is the same. Plus you will be located just above the SPA. It is also close to the elevators & stairs. Take a look below Deck 9. Everything is within easy walking distance.

I originally booked on SE3 on Deck 11 in June 2016, but just found out that the corner Suites only have 1 bedroom/1 bathroom which would not be good for 2 couples. I thought I wanted to be on Deck 15 to be closer to the Sun Deck but realized the difference in Balcony size and the location of the SPA and changed to Deck 9.

Good Luck in whatever you decide.:cool:

Just an FY. The balcony for #9053 is 96.88 square feet, but it would only be 48.44 square feet on Deck 15. The stateroom size is the same. Plus you will be located just above the SPA. It is also close to the elevators & stairs. Take a look below Deck 9. Everything is within easy walking distance.

I originally booked on SE3 on Deck 11 in June 2016, but just found out that the corner Suites only have 1 bedroom/1 bathroom which would not be good for 2 couples. I thought I wanted to be on Deck 15 to be closer to the Sun Deck but realized the difference in Balcony size and the location of the SPA and changed to Deck 9.

Good Luck in whatever you decide.:cool:

@mabones, thank you so very much for pointing this out! We are booked on Seaside for 11/3/2018 and were thinking deck 15 would be great as we are doing Aurea. But, after reading your post, we are going to switch to a deck 9 cabin. The 15 and 9 Aurea cabins appears to be the same size, but the difference of a 49 feet to over 90 is huge! And, the idea of being right above the SPA is quite appealing. Thank you!

SaveSave

@mabones, thank you so very much for pointing this out! We are booked on Seaside for 11/3/2018 and were thinking deck 15 would be great as we are doing Aurea. But, after reading your post, we are going to switch to a deck 9 cabin. The 15 and 9 Aurea cabins appears to be the same size, but the difference of a 49 feet to over 90 is huge! And, the idea of being right above the SPA is quite appealing. Thank you!

SaveSave

Thank you for that information. May I ask where you were able to find this out?

Okay, finally got my answer yesterday from the Expedia rep saying that MSC was not able to change our cabin back to the 15th floor at it was "completely sold out". They offered an additional $100 ship board credit for any inconvenience. So it's 9 or nothing...

Okay, finally got my answer yesterday from the Expedia rep saying that MSC was not able to change our cabin back to the 15th floor at it was "completely sold out". They offered an additional $100 ship board credit for any inconvenience. So it's 9 or nothing...

That seems great from where I am sitting! And, with a balcony that is twice as big as what you would have on 15 AND being closer to the SPA seems you are getting the better deal! And, that 100 will cover a wonderful massage or other spa treatment. Cheers!

Denise ... While it can be nice up on high for the views I think you have been handed a better deal, with the cabin being up to now the same size as the one on 15 (the one on 9 could be larger) the balcony space at around 97 sq ft is worth the move.

The current sizes are the generic ones put out by MSC at 178 sq ft for all balconies hence why I say the cabin on 9 could be bigger than the one on 15.

At 19 seconds in on this Drone video below you can see the Deck 9 balconies and it appears they have a full height and a lower height balcony divider.