New to Cruise Critic..HELP 2013 Carnival Imagination Bride

Hello Everyone,

This is my first day on this website. I've enjoyed reading all you guys post so I decided to sign up! :) I'm already married but we went to the courthouse (on Valentines Day 08) because we didn't have the money. We really wanted to share our day with our family and friends so we decided to wait until our 5 year anniversary to have a wedding on a Carnival cruise. I would love any advice or tips anyone can give me. Thanks in advance!

Look at the vow renewal packages on Carnival's webpage.

I looked at there Vow Renewal packages but I didn't like them because you don't know actually what time the wedding will be, day or location until you already on the ship. I didn't really like that idea. Plus I want the vibe of having a real wedding with bridesmaids and all.

Maybe you could have a ceremony at port and they might be able to give you a real wedding if you explain that you don't need the license part but you do need a real ceremony. Then, go back to the ship for your reception. Congratulations on your upcoming anniversary!

• 2 weeks later...
I looked at there Vow Renewal packages but I didn't like them because you don't know actually what time the wedding will be, day or location until you already on the ship. I didn't really like that idea. Plus I want the vibe of having a real wedding with bridesmaids and all.

I quickly dismissed carnival's packages also for my wedding next year for the same reason. Have you looked into an island wedding at one of your port of calls? Since you are already married you dont have to worry about any licence restrictions, so you pretty much have your choice of any island. I have found an island wedding to be cheaper and more customizable then a wedding on the cruise ship.....plus can you beat wedding photos on a white sand beach with sparkling blue water in the background? :D

• 2 weeks later...

Please don't rule out "vow renewal at sea". True, you don't know which day, but with Carnival you do have input into the day. Carnival says it has to be a sea and can't be "cruise elegant night"(CEN) day. So on the Pride, we knew sea days were Monday, Tuesday or Saturday. Monday is "CEN, so it would be Tues or Sat. My daughter had her wedding as a "vow renewal ceremony" with "poofy dresses", bridesmaids, flower girl, etc. Originally, the plan was to do an embarkation ceremony, but it was changed. The best decision they made was to change it! It was so much more relaxed than trying to get on the ship, get ready and have the wedding and reception on embarkation day! She wrote a review:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1774666

When they met with the coordinator on board, they knew they wanted Tuesday around 3PM, so they could have the wedding, 1 hour open bar reception and then have dinner. It worked perfectly time wise! AND the at sea vow renewal, was so much cheaper than embarkation day wedding!!

Please don't rule out "vow renewal at sea". True, you don't know which day, but with Carnival you do have input into the day. Carnival says it has to be a sea and can't be "cruise elegant night"(CEN) day. So on the Pride, we knew sea days were Monday, Tuesday or Saturday. Monday is "CEN, so it would be Tues or Sat. My daughter had her wedding as a "vow renewal ceremony" with "poofy dresses", bridesmaids, flower girl, etc. Originally, the plan was to do an embarkation ceremony, but it was changed. The best decision they made was to change it! It was so much more relaxed than trying to get on the ship, get ready and have the wedding and reception on embarkation day! She wrote a review:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1774666

When they met with the coordinator on board, they knew they wanted Tuesday around 3PM, so they could have the wedding, 1 hour open bar reception and then have dinner. It worked perfectly time wise! AND the at sea vow renewal, was so much cheaper than embarkation day wedding!!

Thank you for the review link. You are right, the vow renewal ceremony is much cheaper ! If I didn't have such a big group then I would have picked that but I just want to get it over with the first day. Less stress and headache lol

I quickly dismissed carnival's packages also for my wedding next year for the same reason. Have you looked into an island wedding at one of your port of calls? Since you are already married you dont have to worry about any licence restrictions, so you pretty much have your choice of any island. I have found an island wedding to be cheaper and more customizable then a wedding on the cruise ship.....plus can you beat wedding photos on a white sand beach with sparkling blue water in the background? :D

Thanks buti went ahead and booked the deluxe welcome aboard package. I'm officially a carnival imagination bride!! Yay!

Archived