What would your favorite themed cruise be?

Wormy53

I have often thought that it would be fun to go on a cruise that they offered a "theme" throughout the trip. There are so many possibilities!!

Some that sound good to me include:

wine appreication

bird watching

star gazing

rock 'n' roll

nature & envirnonment

What would you like????

We went on a World War II Memories cruise, 27 nights San Francisco to Sydney, which visited many WWII South Pacific battle sites. It was 9-00, on the last voyage of Sky Princess as a Princess ship before being transferred to P&O (Aus).

It was a grand trip for history buffs, and there were many WWII vets aboard who were showing their wives/families where they had spent an extremely important part of their youth.

It really was a marvelous trip!

That sounds great!! All those people with some of the same life experiences make for and interesting time. History and education of the particular place that you are visiting!!

Like the Panama canal building on a Panama cruise!

How about a Jeopardy cruise?

I have heard of scrapbooking cruises, but I believe they are just a group of scrappers that book under a group rate and have had the CD organize some meeting space for them to use to do their scrapbooking... still sounds like fun, though!

How about boogieing down on a 70’s Disco Cruise.

Instead of Tux's men would wear Safari Suits.

Women wearing caftans with clogs.

Nightly Fondue making.

Of course with 70's inspirational music - ABBA Bee Gee's and so on...

What a fun topic Wormy!!

I would love a 1930's style cruise ala' Nick and Nora Charles. Complete with all the great music, dancing lessons and simply wonderful clothing styles. A little mystery to be solved could provide much night time fun for all! If it could be on the Carnival line, that would have me booking the minute it was announced!! (I say Carnival since I travel solo and their rates are better).

Your star gazing wish also sounds very nice since I've never seen the stars so clear as on a balmy evening in the middle of the ocean with no city lights to distract. Oh soooo relaxing.

So many of these actually do depart each year. I just got off a Country Music cruise, and we are doing both a Jimmy Buffet Theme cruise (go to MusicandMargaritas dot com) as well as a Rock and Roll Cruise complete with sock hop, dance contests and a Monster Mash for Halloween(CruisinWithTheOldies dot com). I just love theme cruises because you are traveling with a bunch of strangers, but you all have something in common.

I am a huge Simpsons fan, and I would LOVE to do a Simpsons cruise. It would be a big group of Simpsons fans, some of the Simpsons voices (Yeardley Smith, Dan Castellaneta, etc), special Simpsons events like trivia contests, parties, and episode screenings.

I would love a 1930's style cruise ala' Nick and Nora Charles. Complete with all the great music, dancing lessons and simply wonderful clothing styles. A little mystery to be solved could provide much night time fun for all! If it could be on the Carnival line, that would have me booking the minute it was announced!! (I say Carnival since I travel solo and their rates are better).

You should definitely have that one on Carnival Miracle- the specialty restaurant is actually called Nick & Nora's!

• 3 months later...

For me, I would love to go on either a Country Music cruise with lots of CW dancing or a ballroom dance cruise. Oh Wait, I am going on a ballroom cruise this October on Princess. It is sponsered by our dance studio.

Bob

The only type of cruise we go on is a chartered Blues Cruise. Lately they have been on the Holland America ships. Since it's a charter, I'm not allowed to post a link, but google blues cruise and you should find it without a problem. We have been on 7 so far. No dress code, no disco, just blues music from noon till 6am! It's been compared to Woodstock on water!:D

I would love a couples only, romantic cruise.

All dinners would be black tie with plenty of candlelight

dancing lessons in the evening

cooking classes for couples

special spa packages

fun "Newlyweds" game show nights

renewel of vow or first time wedding/commitment ceremony packages

full romatic day excursions in port (ie carriage rides, sunset cruises, etc.)

We took our honeymoon at a Sandals resort and the only thing that could have made it better, was if it were on a ship:D

carnival theme would be great, loads of live music, cocktails, dancing, fancy dress, costume making, bbq's, face paints

Would be wonderful a carival on a ship my two favorite things combined the ocean and partying!

I'd love to go on a classic rock cruise, like the one a few year back with Styx, Journey and REO Speedwagon. Unfortunately I couldn't go due to work schedule back then.

I've kept my open for such a cruise now, but have only seen rock cruises with much older, or much newer bands. Something more 70's or 80's oriented would be great fun.

To let all my Cruisers know there will be an 80's Party :D on The Conquest leaving from Galveston, TX, sail date is 9/23/07 and you are all invited. Wed. Sept. 26 2007. The Wednesday we leave Montego Bay. It will be in Vincent's near the Sunflower Atrium on the Promenade deck from 9pm to 1am. Myself DJ LAROSE will be in the mix. We are talking about good music from artist like Bobby Brown, Micheal Jackson, Prince, The Bee Gees, Madonna, ZZ Top, Bon Jovi, LL Cool J, Run DMC just to name a few and everything in between. We are to start off with the 80's Mega mix then go into 90's then into today's hits. 80's gear is recommend but not required. Just non-stop fun, dancing and reminiscing on the 80's. The whole ship is invited so DON'T MISS IT. GUARANTEED TO HAVE THE TIME OF YOUR LIFE.:) :D See You There!!!

for info on myself visted my profile.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am an avid dancer I am into any sort of theme involving music - 50s to present, jazz, swing, country, rock. As a solo cruiser, I also greatly appreciate ladies who love to dance......Jim H

There are few short-cuts to happiness, dancing is one. :D

Archived