Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Norwegian Cruise Line

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Norwegian Cruise Line
Read thousands of Norwegian Cruise Reviews from real cruisers and compare the best Norwegian Cruise Deals

How to Set Up a Meet & Mingle on Your NCL Cruise

NEW! Find Your NORWEGIAN Roll Call

Old December 15th, 2013, 01:17 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc_reeve View Post
To the best of my knowledge the Dawn dropped off passengers who were on a Coz to Coz cruise that left December 6, but did not pick any up. So the Tampa situation today may not be the Tampa situation in January when they start the Virgin-sponsored cruises from Cozumel again.

Check replies to the "Live from the Dawn" thread where someone was told by NCL that there were no more cruises with pick-ups in Cozumel (incorrect) or the Virgin Cruise Holidays website. There is a posting in the "Live from" thread showing the schedule - the next Cozumel origination cruise is scheduled to start January10 or you can find the same information on the Virgin Holiday site.

Unfortunately, we won't know if the problems have been solved until at least January 12.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkylok6 View Post
From what I understand no passengers were picked up in Cozumel this week. Could this be the difference? I am hoping the situation has been figured out, but I won't believe it until the next cruise that picks up passengers in Cozumel in a few weeks.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Forums mobile app
That's my understanding as well.
But it does narrow the issue down to either this was actually caused by the 2nd pick up and drop off or that NCL finally worked things out with the powers that be. Either way hopefully between now and the next Cozumel pick up, NCL has worked out whatever issues that caused these delays in the first place.

NCL Dawn 2-21-2009
NCL Star 2-21-2011
Carnival Glory 6-20-2013
NCL Dawn 2-9-2014

NO MORE CRUISING

Last edited by che5904; December 15th, 2013 at 01:24 PM.

Ad Sponsored By
Old December 15th, 2013, 01:31 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Port Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkylok6 View Post
From what I understand no passengers were picked up in Cozumel this week. Could this be the difference? I am hoping the situation has been figured out, but I won't believe it until the next cruise that picks up passengers in Cozumel in a few weeks.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Forums mobile app
I am with you - I am not much of a follower of these boards for friendly visiting but do like to use them for advice. I went over the 1/5 and 1/12 Roll-Call boards and posted a request for them to let us all know how their boarding and debarkation processes go. We won't really know if the problems are fixed until at least 1/12.

Old December 15th, 2013, 02:53 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Just off the Dawn

We didn't pick up anyone in Cozumel. So, it was a closed loop cruise. Off the ship very quickly. No issues. When we left Tampa we were late leaving because of the open loop and we had refueling issues. Lost our spot in line out of port so had to wait until sevenish to leave.