Celebrity Gets You To Feed Down Under??

campingman

What a wonderful advert! Makes me wish we were spending more than just an overnight there.

Yes!! Super video, nice music, exciting food, etc., that brings back great memories from our visit earlier this year "down under". For this Colorado poster (headed there to Colorado Spring July 2-10), you should absolutely, definitely spend more time in Australia. It's a big, very diverse country/area. Before sailing from Sydney and doing a stop in Tasmania, we had six days doing Adelaide/Kangaroo Island and Cairns/Great Barrier Reef/Rainforest, etc. Spectacular memories!!

As noted in the live/blog below, we got off of the Solstice in February. Check out these postings for more info/background/visuals on this nice ship, its entertainment, food options, our many port stops, etc. But not able to be going back soon to Aust.-NZ. Our next planned Great Adventure is for late March-April 2015 Africa (Kenya-Zanzibar-Madagascar-South Africa-Botswana). A mix of cruise stops and safaris prior to and after our 13-day sailing segment.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Back from doing a 14-day Celebrity Solstice, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure on this ship and getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for much more information and lots of wonderful pictures on these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 63,466 views for this fun posting.

We spent a month there a few years back-this time we really will be done in- more than a month traveling when we hit Cairns-sadly it will be time to head home.

Great that you've had previous Australia experience. Enjoy your upcoming adventure. The Cairns area has some wonderful options. Looking forward to my first visit to Colorado this coming week.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 146,636 views. Nice to be hitting this high of a level for viewership. Appreciate the interest and follow-up questions/comments!!

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Thanks for that. I was wondering where that gorgeous looking place was.

A short version of the ad has been screening on TV lately. I see it when watching MasterChef. It's focusing on Australia as a serious food destination. Makes me drool every time I see it :D

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

Yes most of the places are from the Luxury Lodges group of properties so the get the experiences shown you need to be spending serious $$

eg Longitude 131

The Sydney Dining is Quay (around $600 for 2 people and totally underwhelming IMHO) View is often blocked by cruise ships during summer.

Thankfully the website show more affordable options

Yes, I recognised Peter Gilmore from Quay. Haven't been there since he took over the helm. It's just too hard to get a booking on weekend nights.

We are so lucky in Australia with having amazing fresh produce available, a whole host of different cuisines to choose from, and so many excellent restaurants from fine dining to casual.

Yes, I recognised Peter Gilmore from Quay. Haven't been there since he took over the helm. It's just too hard to get a booking on weekend nights.

Don't bother… our last meal was totally less than ordinary..

• 2 weeks later...