Melbourne Zip Code. Tennis Venue

My daughter, S-I-L, and GranDaughter are planning a Diamond Princess cruise end of January-February 2015. I am looking for an AirBnB apartment for them near the Open Tennis Venue in Melbourne.

Can any of you nice Aussies help me with Zip Codes (Postal Codes) near where these tennis courts are located? :confused:

Thank you in Advance.

Donna

My daughter, S-I-L, and GranDaughter are planning a Diamond Princess cruise end of January-February 2015. I am looking for an AirBnB apartment for them near the Open Tennis Venue in Melbourne.

Can any of you nice Aussies help me with Zip Codes (Postal Codes) near where these tennis courts are located? :confused:

Thank you in Advance.

Donna

The tennis centre is at Batman Avenue and Olympic Boulevard, Melbourne VIC 3000

Thank you in Advance.

Donna

Look for hotels/apartments in Jolimont and East Melbourne. Both have the same post code of 3002 and very close and are in easy walking distance to Rod Laver Arena. Similarly, Richmond (3121), depending on what part you get, can be within walking distance. Also, St. Kilda Road (3004) also has some great accommodation and is an easy walk through the gardens to Rod Laver Arena.

There are some Quest apartments in Jolimont that are very, very close. Link is as follows:

http://www.questapartments.com.au/Accommodation/61/Australia/Melbourne_CBD_Fringe/Quest_Jolimont/Location.aspx

Be quick!!...it is a very busy time of year!

Thanks so much, Nelson Bay and Fletch. This is a big help because AirBnB does not have postal codes on their website (not that I have seen) but they do show the streets and neighborhoods.

I shall also have a look at the Quest website. :cool:

Hey, FLETCH. Have you seen Kathy & Dennis lately? I think we were all on a cruise together once upon a time. :confused:

I hope they can meet up with Cici & Patrick whilst in Sydney (the Most Beautiful Harbour in the World). ;)

Donna

Hi Donna

Whenever I had to stay in Melbourne (usually on cricket business) I stayed at the Mantra on Jolimont. It is very close to the Melbourne Cricket Ground and the Tennis Centre. Not sure if it is on your AirB&B web site, but this is an very adequate place without being over the top with the $$$s. It does get very busy when there is cricket and tennis on.

Have a look here

http://www.mantra.com.au/victoria/melbourne-and-surrounds/melbourne/accommodation/hotels/mantra-on-jolimont/

Cheers

Thank you, Flipper.

I can see the rates for January on their website; however, I had to e-mail to the Quest res agents because their rates do not go out that far.

Oh, I do love the technology. So much faster than the Escargot Mail. ;)

Donna

Also bear in mind that Melbourne has very good public transport and there are tram stops and a train stop near the arena.

The CBD is another option, and also Southbank. I had a quick look at the map on the AirBnB website and there appears to be a number of apartments in that are fairly close to the arena.

My advice is to use the map. Look for "Melbourne Park" (north of the river but SE from the CBD) which is close to the arena and work from there.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

Thank you, Flipper.

I can see the rates for January on their website; however, I had to e-mail to the Quest res agents because their rates do not go out that far.

Oh, I do love the technology. So much faster than the Escargot Mail. ;)

Donna

The Mantra Southbank is a good location too, and there is a Quest at Southbank as well.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

Hey, FLETCH. Have you seen Kathy & Dennis lately? I think we were all on a cruise together once upon a time. :confused:

I hope they can meet up with Cici & Patrick whilst in Sydney (the Most Beautiful Harbour in the World). ;)

Donna

Well hello Donna....sorry didn't pick up on the screen name. Pretty sure we did the British isles and TA on the Crown?? A few years ago.

No haven't seen Kathy and Dennis for a while, but the occasional email every now and again. They are spending as much time as possible on the high seas.

"They are spending as much time as possible on the high seas".

I know, right ! :D

That was it, Fletch - The Fire & Ice cruise they called it. I loved the Falklands, Iceland, and Greenland. What a great cruise. :cool:

Now that I have been to all the continents, I want to go to Cuba.

The last time I saw them was on the Diamond to Alaska for their 50th Wedding Anniversary. I hope we can all sail again together, soon. :D