Found a camera and photos from qm2

MAUREGATO

Hello, I'm a fisherman, and recently I have found a digital photo camera at the sea botton.

The camera is totally damaged by the sea water, but "miraculously" the photos and videos on the "SD Memory" are totally O.K.

I think the camera comes from from QM2, sailing from N.Y. on October 16, 2008, in a trasatlantic route to Europe.

I'd like to find the property to give to him the camera and photos.

Hello,

juliecat, I found it on the sea botton, at hight seas, near European coast. Maybe it falls accidentally from the ship.

curlyQ, please, this is a serious announcement, not a joke; thank You.

Maybe We can help the owner to find the photos from Their cruise, and previous N.Y. stay.

Please send $10,000 to my Nigerian bank account and I will gladly return it.

Can we not resist being funny and take this man at his word until, and unless, proven otherwise? He didn't have to go to this trouble, he could have left the camera on the seabed. If it were my camera, I would be thrilled to bits to know it had been found and the photos were still there. There is precious little kindness in this world, why be so cynical? I hope the owner can be found and his photos restored to him. Thank you, Mauregato, ignore these twits!

Maybe We can help the owner to find the photos from Their cruise, and previous N.Y. stay.

Are there any photos with people posing in them, or particularly distinctive shots? If you could post a couple of these it might help identify the owner. While this is probably the best place to post a message such as this, only a small proportion of the QM2's 2,600 passengers per voyage visit this site - so even if the owner does not visit, someone else might recognise them.

Peter

Are there any photos with people posing in them, or particularly distinctive shots? If you could post a couple of these it might help identify the owner. While this is probably the best place to post a message such as this, only a small proportion of the QM2's 2,600 passengers per voyage visit this site - so even if the owner does not visit, someone else might recognise them.

Peter

Maybe a description of the pictures would be preferable, not sure if posting them would be legal or ethical.

David.

Hello again,

The photos are all of them, the tipical photos everyone does in a turistic voyage.

There are some of them placed in New York city, and the others one are placed on board Queen Mary 2, and, repeat, are the usual photos everyone does on a hollyday trip. There are some videos of the ship too.

The man is a about 65 / 70 years old, and has black hair.

I can´t post any photo, beacuse I think that is not legal.

I think I'm going to write "CUNNARD" and I hope They can help me to find the camera owner.

Thanks to all of You

Hey good luck in your efforts - it's great that you've taken the time to find the owner - would love to hear if there's a successful outcome to this story. I mean what are the chances of finding a camera at the bottom of the sea and being able to view them and return them to their owner years later - that's got to be worthy of a news story.

By the way, i'm not sure if it is illegal, perhaps if you just download some of the distinctive photos without showing anyone - that may help.

Look forward to hearing of an update.

I think contacting Cunard is a wise move, as the passenger may have filed a lost property report for insurance purposes.

Also, you may want to contact the newspapers... you never know if on a slow news day they would take on the story. “Fisherman finds…”

USA Today in the US would be advisable as it’s a national paper. This would give you such a wider audience in the US (that’s if the passenger(s) are from the USA). Any papers published nationally in Britain?

USA Today in the US would be advisable as it’s a national paper. This would give you such a wider audience in the US (that’s if the passenger(s) are from the USA). Any papers published nationally in Britain?

The local press in the UK tends not to be very well known outside the town or city where the paper is published. There are plenty of national newspapers (Daily Telegraph, The Guardian, The Times, The Independent (broadsheets) and The Sun, The Daily Mirror, The Daily Mail, The Daily Express (tabloids), to name a few).

If the OP is serious about giving the story wider publicity it may also be a good idea to contact the BBC who might put something on their news website which seems to be pretty widely read both in the UK and overseas. Their news website has a feedback form here which I'm sure could be used to alert them to the story.

J

How wonderful, if after all this time the owner of the camera would get his photos back! I know I would be absolutely thrilled. This is so very kind of the OP to go through the trouble to locate the owner. I would love to know what happens!

Hello again,

I wrote Cunnard, and They told me that they are trying to help me to return the photos to the owner.

Looking carefully at the photos, I'm almost sure ( 90%) the owner is from G.B.

I wrote to the BBC too, like Cruachan said but, by now, I din't recive any answer; anyway I go on with the effort.

By the moment is dificult for me to contac any UK national newspapers.

Hello again,

I wrote Cunnard, and They told me that they are trying to help me to return the photos to the owner.

Looking carefully at the photos, I'm almost sure ( 90%) the owner is from G.B.

I wrote to the BBC too, like Cruachan said but, by now, I din't recive any answer; anyway I go on with the effort.

By the moment is dificult for me to contac any UK national newspapers.

Would you mind telling us where you are from?

Hello again,

Sorry, I dind't say it , I'm from Spain.

happyaussies, I'm sure about the ship and dates and route. Exactly like TheOldBear said.

I'm not totally sure about the nationality, but 2 photos show the owner with a little British flag in His hand.

Thaks again to all of You.

Hello again,

Sorry, I dind't say it , I'm from Spain.

happyaussies, I'm sure about the ship and dates and route. Exactly like TheOldBear said.

I'm not totally sure about the nationality, but 2 photos show the owner with a little British flag in His hand.

Thaks again to all of You.

I was on the final transatlantic crossing of the QE2 that left NYC on October 16, 2008 for a tandem crossing with the QM2, so I imagine that the camera could have belonged to a passenger on either ship. As I recall, we were all given small British flags for the sailaway, so the passenger wouldn't necessarily be British.

Hello again,

dc-farer, I knew it was a tandem crossing, because I saw Your ship in one of the videos from the found camera, and the owner was on board QM2. Certainly, as You said, He can be of other nationality, but, I'm sure, He speaks English.

happyaussies, I have contact Cunnard, and They are trying to help Us.

My cruise experience:

COSTA RIVIERA: Mediterranean Sea : Italy / Greece

NORWEGIAN JEWEL: Mediterranean Sea : Spain / Italy

NORWEGIAN JADE: Norwegian fiords and nord cape

RUBY PRINCESS: Italy / Greece / Turkey.

Next Trip: Maybe "ICELAND"

Archived