O'Sheehan's coming to six more vessels

FIRELT5

The announcement of O'Sheehan's expanding fleet wide was made during CC's reporting on one of the Getaway's innagural sailings. The big clarification here is that it will only be expanded to the six ships where it will make the most sense. (i.e. Jewel-class and Dawn-class). O'Sheehan's will take over the entire Deck 8 space that is now occupied by Blue Lagoon and Moderno.

Moderno is moving to Deck 13 on all six ships to be adjacent to Cagney's, which likely means Star Bar is going away. And this also makes me wonder if Norwegian will reconfigure the pubs on the Dawn-class, as they will be very near O'Sheehan's when it is installed.

This was discussed, as I'm the one who posted it. :p (I cannot prove it because the mods have disabled the search function. :mad:) But I have to confess that not many people responded to the post, even though I think this is huge news. The atrium spaces on all six ships is going to have a very different vibe after the change. O'Sheehan alludes to this in the article posted by the OP.

I hope this isn't true.

The Star Bar is one of my favorite spots. It's quiet, with spectacular views, very little churn and foot traffic. It is simply good space.

Say it ain't so!

Moderno is moving to Deck 13 on all six ships to be adjacent to Cagney's, which likely means Star Bar is going away.

I hope this isn't true.

The Star Bar is one of my favorite spots. It's quiet, with spectacular views, very little churn and foot traffic. It is simply good space.

Say it ain't so!

Star Bar is underperforming revenue wise. Every space on the ship must bring in money to keep prices low.

The announcement of O'Sheehan's expanding fleet wide was made during CC's reporting on one of the Getaway's innagural sailings. The big clarification here is that it will only be expanded to the six ships where it will make the most sense. (i.e. Jewel-class and Dawn-class). O'Sheehan's will take over the entire Deck 8 space that is now occupied by Blue Lagoon and Moderno.

Moderno is moving to Deck 13 on all six ships to be adjacent to Cagney's, which likely means Star Bar is going away. And this also makes me wonder if Norwegian will reconfigure the pubs on the Dawn-class, as they will be very near O'Sheehan's when it is installed.

This was discussed, as I'm the one who posted it. :p (I cannot prove it because the mods have disabled the search function. :mad:) But I have to confess that not many people responded to the post, even though I think this is huge news. The atrium spaces on all six ships is going to have a very different vibe after the change. O'Sheehan alludes to this in the article posted by the OP.

Yes you did post it with a long discussion about the loss of the Star Bar.

Many missed it so.

We were on board the Gem last year when there were visitors on the ship who were clearly doing preliminary planning for what we now know to be the Moderno's move. However, the area they appeared to be discussing, measuring, etc. was not the Star Bar, but rather the second, side Cagney's dining room that is almost never used. So based on what I saw and heard I think it's possible that the Star Bar will remain in some form, and the Cagney's side dining room will be converted to Moderno's. It doesn't make a lot of sense to me to have two restaurants in the area but no bar.

Its new to me, so no. :p

Same here since I'm new to the NCL board and never saw the posts where it was discussed originally. I never would have thought to do a search for "Will there be a pub installed on the Jewel before my cruise", so thanks OP.

Edited by Rudyard

• 3 months later...
We'll be on the Jewel right after the conversion. I look forward to seeing how it all comes out.

I will be on the Dec 27 2014 sailing and look forward to the new bar. I was on the Pearl when it did the Panama canal from LA to Miami last October.