Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Community Guidelines and Message Board Forum Help > Need Help Using The Boards? Ask Here!

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Need Help Using The Boards? Ask Here! Ask Your Message Board Questions Here

Old February 8th, 2013, 06:29 PM
Cool Cruiser

Unhappy help with starting countdown clock

I am trying to do this but when I highlight the photo of Venice in my countdown clock, I can't get it to go to where my "signature" is. What am I doing wrong? In simple terms please, I am not a computer literate woman! Thanks!

Ad Sponsored By
Old February 8th, 2013, 08:08 PM
Cool Cruiser

Question wrong date on countdown clock and 2 wrong code entries

How do I correct the wrong sailing date on my countdown clock and how do I erase 2 "codes" I pasted by mistake on my signature area? Thanks!

Old February 8th, 2013, 11:16 PM
Cool Cruiser

You need to copy all the words in the box and then go into edit signature, and then paste, the picture will show up...it looks like you have two countdown clocks started. One has a pic of Venice 7/10/14 and the other of Greece 6/10/14 Is that your intention? I am computer illiterate too...so hopefully this will help...

Norwegian Jewel 2/14 Western Caribbean
RCI Explorer of the Seas 10/13 Bermuda
RCI Brilliance of the Seas 3/13 Southern Caribbean
RCI Explorer of the Seas 9/12 Bermuda
RCI Adventure of the Seas 3/12 Southern Caribbean
Norwegian Sun 2/11 Eastern Caribbean
Norwegian POA 8/10 Hawaii
Norwegian Jewel 2/10 Western Caribbean
Golden Princess 6/09 Alaska
RCI Mariner of the Seas 2/07 Western Caribbean
Disney Wonder 2/05 Bahamas

Last edited by lah66; February 8th, 2013 at 11:18 PM.

Old February 8th, 2013, 11:27 PM
Cool Cruiser

Red face Help!

I need to show the correct date of 8/10/14 and only one "code", somehow in the hour it took me to finally get the clock where it belonged, I managed to probably have a multitude of clocks, all of which are probably wrong. How can I edit the sailing date and clear the signature field for just the one picture of Venice? If you know, please help! It's frustrating!

Old February 9th, 2013, 09:23 AM
Cool Cruiser

You should be able to highlight the words and delete them all..or just backspace them out. Deleting the words will delete the erroneous countdown clock.

Step by Step:
1. Click on Countdown Clocks from the tool bar.
2. Fill in your user name, date, ship, picture etc...
3. Click create countdown.
4. You should now see the countdown clock you just created. If you need to make a change, just hit the back button and fix your errors and create coundown again.
5. Under your new countdown clock, you will see "Copy and Paste This Code Exactly As It Appears Into Your Online Signature". Copy all the words from [URL to URL]
6. Click on User CP on the tool bar.
7. Click on Edit signature- no advertising allowed.
8. Go to the second box that it titled Edit signature-no advertising allowed.
9. Click in the box where you want the countdown clock to be placed.
10. Click paste...you will not see the actual clock yet....
11. Click Preview signature to view your new clock. Click save if all is good.
12. Yeah! You did it! Seriously it took me a lot of monkeying around the first time I did it too!

Hope this helps...Lauri

Old February 9th, 2013, 01:04 PM
Cool Cruiser

Angry Not right yet

Dear lah66,
I did what you said, highlighted just the words/code in the box, pasted it there, clicked on "see preview" and all that's in the grey box is just the code, no photo of Venice... what am I still doing wrong ??? I feel so frustrated!!!Thanks!!!

Old February 9th, 2013, 01:20 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by lah66 View Post
You should be able to highlight the words and delete them all..or just backspace them out. Deleting the words will delete the erroneous countdown clock.

Step by Step:
1. Click on Countdown Clocks from the tool bar.
2. Fill in your user name, date, ship, picture etc...
3. Click create countdown.
4. You should now see the countdown clock you just created. If you need to make a change, just hit the back button and fix your errors and create coundown again.
5. Under your new countdown clock, you will see "Copy and Paste This Code Exactly As It Appears Into Your Online Signature". Copy all the words from [URL to URL]
6. Click on User CP on the tool bar.
7. Click on Edit signature- no advertising allowed.
8. Go to the second box that it titled Edit signature-no advertising allowed.
9. Click in the box where you want the countdown clock to be placed.
10. Click paste...you will not see the actual clock yet....
11. Click Preview signature to view your new clock. Click save if all is good.
12. Yeah! You did it! Seriously it took me a lot of monkeying around the first time I did it too!

Hope this helps...Lauri
Thanks Lauri! This worked for me.

Carnival Freedom 7-5-2014
Carnival Freedom 2-22-2014
Carnival Paradise 6-29-13
Carnival Liberty 3-30-2013
Carnival Destiny 7/2011

Old February 9th, 2013, 02:58 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default success, I Think?

It certainly looks correct... time, date, ship, pic, etc...so after maybe 2 total hours and many, many, many attempts and re-reading the directions slowly, ... I think I finally got it!! THANKS TO EVERYONE AND THEIR PATIENCE!!!! now I just have to wait until August of 2014 for this cruise to happen!

Old February 9th, 2013, 03:44 PM
Cool Cruiser

It looks perfect Jersey Jill! The next time it will be much easier...We want to do a european cruise in 2015 for our 25th anniversary....How did you make the decision as to what cruiseline and itinerary you would book? I would love to go on ome that starts in one city and ends in another...rome and venice are typical. Any advice you can give me is appreciated! Lauri

Old February 9th, 2013, 04:02 PM
Cool Cruiser

Smile Hi Lauri!

My husband and I took a previous 12 day Grand med. cruise 3 yrs ago on Carnival's Freedom. Not our favorite cruiseline but the itinerary was fabulous. It did begin and end in Rome. We flew into Rome the day before the cruise. We saw, Barcelona, Cannes, Monte Carlo, Nice, Monaco, Livorno (Pisa and Florence), Sicily (Taormina was phenominal), Dubrovnik, Coatia (beautiful) and a small amount of time in Venice (not enough for me). So we decided to go back but this time on NCL (we just prefer it to Carnival). We could either sail from Venice or Barcelona and since we are going with my sister in Brother in law, we had to worry about her summer teaching schedule so we were limited as to departure days. We went with Aug. 10 out of Venice to fit in with her. No problem. we are actually flying in there the day before so we have extra time. They have not been to Europe so we have so much to show them! We will be stopping at Marseilles, France, Barcelona, Greece (2 ports) , Turkey (2 ports), Rome, Naples,Florence/Pisa and ending in Barcelona where we are again staying a day after the cruise. I fell in love with Rome and would have preferred to begin and end there but this cruise was better for us. I didn't want to re-do our same ports. So this one offers Greece and Turkey and different cities in France so it'll be half new!
Cannot wait...it'll be a loooong wait! Bon Voyage. I'd be happy to help any way I can if you need more info!

Old February 9th, 2013, 07:31 PM
5,000+ Club

Congrats, JerseyJill. I see you finally were successful in getting your countdown clock in your signature.

Now you can concentrate on research for your cruise and, of course, reading CC.

HAL 2- Star Mariner

NCL PLATINUM

NCL Star - Oct 2013 Panama Canal
NCL Star - Oct 2013. Transatlantic

NCL Sun - Oct 2010; Western Caribbean
NCL Sun - Oct 2010; Transatlantic
NCL Sun - Sept 2010; Norway, Iceland, Faroes, Lerwick, Scotland, Ireland

HAL Amsterdam - May 2010, 14 day Alaska

NCL Jewel - 2008 Transatlantic/British Isles
Celebrity Century -2007 British Isles
Oceania Regatta - 2007 Transatlantic to Marseille France
HAL Zaandam - 2006 Hawaii
NCL Sun - 2006 Panama Canal
NCL Sea - 2005 Cozumel, Belize, Roatan
Radisson [Regent] Diamond - 2005 Around the Boot of Italy
Oceania Insignia - 2005 Transatlantic to Rio de Janeiro
RCI Empress of the Seas - 2004 Soutther Caribbean
Celebrity Milennium - 2004 Transatlantic
Carnival Imagination - 2003 Grand Cayman & Ocho Rios Jamaica
NCL Majesty - 2000 Mexican Riviera
Carnival Ecstasy - 2000 Bahamas
RCI Nordic Empress (before remodel to Empress of the Seas - 1999 Eastern Caribbean

Old February 9th, 2013, 08:03 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Thanks mary kay,

The last cruise we went on was 3 years ago to the western med. We did plan on sailing since then but unfortunately last november, after spending almost a year planning and researching for our ncl cruise to the western caribbean, my husband became ill 2 weeks before we sailed and his doctor strongly suggested we did not leave the country on a cruise ship, nevermind to dock in belize, cozumel, costa maya etc. So we were forced to cancel (good thing we had excellent trip insurance..we wound up getting everything back except the cost of the insurance.)
so now being sooo far from our sailing date, i have alot of time on my hands to do the research and shore excursion planning i love to do. Thanks for your congrats. It was indeed frustrating to get the clock to come out right. But i did it!

Old February 10th, 2013, 07:52 AM
Cool Cruiser

JerseyJill, Thanks for the information....I have been looking at Carnival in Europe too. I would never travel with them elsewhere, but in Europe where you are onboard so little, I may take the chance. Would you sail with them in Europe again? They do have great itineraries. Just from my reading, Barcelona, Rome, Venice and Dubrovnik are very high on my list. I will have to check out Taormina. I also bought Rick Steves Mediterranean Cruise Ports book. This will be fun! I am glad to have lots of planning time. I am not sure when they will release Fall 2015 cruise itineraries. Happy Planning.

Old February 10th, 2013, 08:25 AM
Cool Cruiser

Talking Europe sailing

I would probably sail with CCL again although I prefer the ships and atmosphere of NCL and Royal Carib but as you said, you spend so little time on the ships except for "at sea days" it really doesn't make that much difference. As far as going back to see the same ports, maybe not for the third time although, I cannot rave enough about those cities you mentioned. Taormina was probably my favorite because of the charming streets, views, stores, etc. It's a magical place as was Venice, and Ezeon the French coast( we took a private 6 person van tour with a wonderful French guide who brought us to Eze). Check it out online to see the beauty of the city. Dubrovnik itself is lovely and very historical. We were lucky enough to find 3 other couples on cruise critic a year before we sailed that we became very friendly with the whole year before the cruise. So we investigated on the boards as to tour guides and did private ones rather then the huge cruise lines buses. This work out so well.
I love the whole process of looking at the excursions and chatting with the CC members from the roll call to see where they are going. It is way too soon I guess to log on although I already did. So far we're the only ones to sign on. I am so anxious and very excited. let me know if there's anything else I can help you with! My pleasure!

Old February 10th, 2013, 08:50 PM
Cruise Critic Host

Location: La Marque, TX... about 9 miles from Galveston Island
Smile Just trying to help...

Howdy Y'all! Welcome to the Need Help Using The Boards? Ask Here! Forum!

Per the Guidelines we all agreed to follow when registering for our free membership, another Host moved this thread to this forum. It was off-topic on the previous forum since the OP's subject did not pertain to cruising. This is the forum where members find the "How to ..." type of information for using the Cruise Critic software such as avatars, signatures, countdown clocks or tickers, thread subscriptions, etc. That's why there are soooo many Sticky threads here since soooo many of the same questions are asked over... and over... and over again.

And speaking Sticky threads, here are two on this forum about countdown clocks:

Countdown clocks: How to set one up!
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=545140

How to delete countdown clock/ticker?
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1162911

Kat

Being happy does not mean everything is perfect. It means you have decided to look beyond the imperfections.
.................................................. ..
1988 Commodore Caribe I, 1996 Commodore Enchanted Isle, 1998 Carnival Sensation, 2000 Celebrity Century, 2001 Carnival Celebration, 2002 Carnival Jubilee, 2004 Carnival Glory, 2005 Royal Caribbean International Rhapsody of The Seas, 2007 Carnival Conquest, 2010 Celebrity Infinity, 2011 Carnival Conquest, 2011 Celebrity Summit, 2014 Carnival Sensation