Boracay

Auzjak

Hi, we will be on RCI Legend of the Seas stopping in Boracay in Nov 2015. We were originally booked on a ship tour to go island hopping & snorkelling, however, RCI have just cancelled it. They suggested a new, alternative tour, however when I googled about the tour, it didn't get a very good review. The reviewer suggested just going to the beach instead. RCI is offering a 'day at the beach with lunch' tour, however, it is very expensive for just laying on the beach and swimming. My question is, does anyone know if the ship docks or is it a tender to the beach? If it is a tender, if you aren't booked on one of the ships tours, will we be able to just get a tender to/from the beach on our own? This is our first international cruise and we are not sure of the procedures. Many thanks for any info you can swing by us.

You might get a better response if you post on the Royal Caribbean board.

Thank you for pointing us in the right direction to find out this info. It's all very confusing for newbies. There seems to be so much inside knowledge that helps to either make or break having an enjoyable cruise experience.

I have no information on your cruise, but we'll be tendering there on the Oceania Nautica, a much smaller ship, in January.

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I'm sure we will be tendering at Boracay. It's hard to find out this sort of info.

hi, we're going legend of the seas this sunday n visiting boracay

have booked allans fun tours as very cheap n they'll meet at the jetty port which is short walk from the tendered ship

not sure how tenders gona work til we get on the ship but hear that they may be allocated on the tour morning n you have to queue early for same

allans fun tours quoted us 600PHP FOR A 5 HR TOUR AROUND THE ISLAND STOPPING OFF AT SOME BAYS N LUNCH INC AS WELL.

its extra 200PHP if you get off at crystal cove also. this price was for a group over 10 otherwise i think its 800PHP

I'l report back when we return how we got on

have booked allans fun tours as very cheap n they'll meet at the jetty port which is short walk from the tendered ship

not sure how tenders gona work til we get on the ship but hear that they may be allocated on the tour morning n you have to queue early for same

allans fun tours quoted us 600PHP FOR A 5 HR TOUR AROUND THE ISLAND STOPPING OFF AT SOME BAYS N LUNCH INC AS WELL.

its extra 200PHP if you get off at crystal cove also. this price was for a group over 10 otherwise i think its 800PHP

Thanks for your response! That sounds great. I will be very interested to hear all about it when you get back and how it all worked. If you recommend we will do the same. Have an awesome trip. Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there, just wondering if you could give us a heads up on how your Boracay visit turned out. What was the tendering process like? I am interested to know where the tender came to shore - is it a nice spot, close to anything, etc? Was the private tour you arranged worth doing? Only 7 weeks now until we go. Thanks for any info you can give me. Cheers

Hi

I am in Boracay right now.

It seems there is only one location where a tender can dock. No, it's not a particularly nice area. It's a working "port", not a tourist spot.

But, there are nice beaches all over the island. The main one is White Beach. Very nice, commercial, lined with shops, restaurants, and hotels. It's a busy but lovely beach. Lots of restaurants with tables on the beach.

There are touts all over the place wanting you to book an island boat tour. I did one today, private, just me, for three hours on an outrigger to go around the island an with a snorkeling stop. I paid 1500 PHP... fair, considering it was just me. I went with someone who approached me as I was walking on the beach. No problems, nice guys, had a lovely time. If I had tried I probably could have haggled them down more.

The tour quoted above sounds like a fair deal judging by what I've seen here. You won't have a problem doing things on your own here.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi

I am in Boracay right now.

It seems there is only one location where a tender can dock. No, it's not a particularly nice area. It's a working "port", not a tourist spot.

But, there are nice beaches all over the island. The main one is White Beach. Very nice, commercial, lined with shops, restaurants, and hotels. It's a busy but lovely beach. Lots of restaurants with tables on the beach.

There are touts all over the place wanting you to book an island boat tour. I did one today, private, just me, for three hours on an outrigger to go around the island an with a snorkeling stop. I paid 1500 PHP... fair, considering it was just me. I went with someone who approached me as I was walking on the beach. No problems, nice guys, had a lovely time. If I had tried I probably could have haggled them down more.

The tour quoted above sounds like a fair deal judging by what I've seen here. You won't have a problem doing things on your own here.

My wife and I have been to Boracay 3 times for a week each time. For cruise ships this is a Tender stop.

White Beach is the place to go walk on the sand "sidewalk" and have a nice lunch--try the Italian restaurant on the beach side end of D'Mall.

You might also find a visit and drink at the Shangri La Hotel interesing.

On White Beach we usually stay at Discovery Shores--which is very very nice.