Holland America soda card

mickeylp

Anyone sailed on HAL and purchased a Soda Value Card? How many sodas do you get with this card?

Found on a cruise website : HAL offers a Soda Value Card. This package costs $25 A 15% beverage service charge will be automatically added to all beverage purchases and will be deducted from the value of the card at the time of purchase.

Getting very mixed info from the boards. Is there a fountain soda card or is it can soda? Is the unlimited soda card still available? Do they punch a card for each soda? Thanks for all your help.

HAL's soda cards is now a $50 card that costs $25. It is only good for sodas and you get 22 full cans of soda for $25.00, I think it is a pretty good deal, much better than the old card. No punching, it is like a gift card, you also can share it.

Kirk

Kirk, Your answer is what I've been searching this board for.

I called HAL's ship service and the girl didn't know this. She said depending where on ship a soda is purchased a can soda will cost $1.95 + but that was all the info she could find. Thanks a million man!

MLP

I purchased the $50 soda card for $25 online prior to our cruise in April of this year. If you pre purchase the card it will have your name imprinted on it. If you purchase it from one of the waiters on the ship there will be no name. Having the name enables you to check that you receive the proper card back when using it in the Lido or some other busy venue.

I found out that the subsequently purchased cards have no name through experience. I was also given someone else's card in error. Fortunately the card had a name on it and I was able to return it to the proper cabin.

I think that in the future I will order sufficient cards online. The unused balance will be credited to your account as long as the balance is under the $25 that your paid for the card.

The same advice applies to the drink cards, which sell for $90 and allow you to purchase $100 worth of mixed drinks or beer or wine.

I thought it was a very good deal and will use the cards again.

Archived