How did you like the Glass Bottom Boat?

pampaul

Friends of ours went to Bermuda last year and did a night-time Glass Bottom Boat ride. They really liked it. Just looking to get more opinions before we decide to do this.

A few years ago (I think it was the Disney Magic in St. Maarten) we did a semi-submarine excursion. I didn't care for this at all. Not sure if the seas were a bit choppy or if this is the way the semi-submarine is, but I was getting very nauseous.

If we take the Sunset Glass Bottom Boat, will we feel the same? What can we expect?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Three friends did the glass bottom boat ride that they booked at a small booth not far from the ship. This was just 3 weeks ago. The tour was $50. pp and for 1 1/2 hrs. It started at 8:00 pm & was to have included unlimited rum drinks.

My friends did not feel it was worth the money. The boat was crowded, they didn't get to sit together, and were unable to get to look thru the viewing window when it was uncovered since people seated in that area did not move allowing all those upstairs to get close.

The unlimited drinks were not served until the boat was heading back. They estimated at least 30 people waiting on line. They were able to get one drink, that was so weak it didn't taste as if any liquor in it (despite a show of bottles of some sort of liquid that was supposed to be liquor being poured as the crew made this beverage). None of these people are drinkers so if they say weak, they mean it.

These women were perplexed because one woman's daughter went on an NCL cruise last year & booked a glass bottom boat ride thru the ship that she totally enjoyed & was not like this one. Maybe different vendor or when they don't have to account to the ship they cut back.

Archived