Budget Discount

lindy sails

If you're a Costco member, there is a current promo for up to 30% off with code BCD W852802. You can try using it, though Budget might ask to see a Costco card. You can however, sign up at Costco's website online for a membership for one year for like $50 or so. The rental car savings alone MAY offset that amount. If it doesn't, I wouldn't get a membership just for that otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I forgot to mention that if you are not a Costco member, the rental agency may not give you the discount if you can't show a card, in which case, they may shaft you with the current rates in effect at the time, which could be extremely high.

I recently booked a Budget rental with Costco...took my card but was never asked for it at the Budget counter at FLL....they didn't seem to care how or who it was booked through...but I of course had my emailed reservation (from Costco) with booking number and total rate I was paying for my rental....very easy to do and a great deal vs all other discounts (codes) I tried....I was also worried about using some random published number and then showing up and being asked about the validity of it. JMHO

I recently booked a Budget rental with Costco...took my card but was never asked for it at the Budget counter at FLL....they didn't seem to care how or who it was booked through...but I of course had my emailed reservation (from Costco) with booking number and total rate I was paying for my rental....very easy to do and a great deal vs all other discounts (codes) I tried....I was also worried about using some random published number and then showing up and being asked about the validity of it. JMHO

We're actually booked through Costco and Alamo for our upcoming trip. Was almost $100 less than Budget. Costco does offer some excellent pricing compared to the standard rates, but not sure compared to using various discount promo codes.

give this one a try. it saved me a ton last year. Y937800

This is a phenomenal code it saved me almost $70 on a 2 day spring break rental. Plus it is a larger vehicle.

SUV! Thanks so much for sharing the terrific discount code!

I have used that code also for a great discount but please be advised that it is for a particular Travel group in which you must show a membership card if asked. Out of the 5 times that I used that code, I was asked for the card once..... that was the last time that I tried to rent. They would not budge... I didn't have the card because I was not a member. They then offered to me the current rate, which was outrageous....... I ended up walking over to Hertz and using my AAA card for a decent rate. Thank goodness that Hertz had cars available, if not, I would have been at the mercy of the high Budget rate.

So just beware, you may get away with a super rate but then again, you may be asked for the card and end up being in a bind..... so go wishing for the best but be prepared.

Good luck to you as it is a great discount.

This is a phenomenal code it saved me almost $70 on a 2 day spring break rental. Plus it is a larger vehicle.

SUV! Thanks so much for sharing the terrific discount code!

You are welcome! enjoy.

I have always used codes and have never once been ask to show any proof. They are usually so busy at the desks that they don't care where the code came from.

Claudia

That may be true for the most part but it does happen. My experience was at Tampa airport on a Friday afternoon and they were very, very busy. Like I said, I used that code successfully on a few occasions and sailed through the transaction just fine. With that said..... it only takes one employee that is following, what is probably their company guideline, to ask for proper identification to validate the discount offer.

My daughter has used the code twice. The first time, no issues, the second time she too was asked for the membership card. The difference was too much for her budget so she had to step to the side and call a few car rental agencies before she found one off-site from the airport. It worked out for her too but it took up time and could have ended up badly had the other agency been closed for the evening. Her experience was in California so different airport but same scenario.

My concern for the OP is that there is a significant savings using this code but if she were not able to provide proof, she would then be in a position of possibly having to come up with much more money for her rental. It could actually be a significant amount depending on the length of the rental. In my case, it was a difference of over $300.....( mine was a 9 day rental).....

The impact of the new rate may affect her vacation budget. If one is willing to take the risk and it works, then fantastic..... but if not, just be prepared. That is all I was trying to say.

This is the mousesavers discount, still available. There is no fee to join, anyone can use the site. If you want to get their newsletter, you just sign up with your email. I have used them many times for a number of travel purchases and never been given a membership card or asked to prove anything. I am sure other posters are just sharing their experiences but I wonder if the Budget people were just trying to force renters into paying more, by asking for a non-existent membership card?

If this happened to me, I would tell Budget there is no membership card from this free site, maybe call their bluff. You could probably go to mousesavers and print something with their logo. Or contact them and tell them this happened and see what they say. They might be interested to know this is happening.

We are renting a car in FLL Mar 15--17, with drop off at MCO. I booked the car back in October and got it for $60 total for the 2 days. I am not that excited about the company we got (Firefly, not great but not that much better or worse than any other agency). I have been checking rental car prices for months and recently hotwire and some other sites have come down quite a lot. We have never had much luck booking directly thru Budget, but I am happy to see that some people do well with them.

I just went back and re-read some posts about using this code. I think Mousesavers says that it may not work at all airports, so maybe being in California (and maybe not close to Disneyland??) had something to do with it?

Good luck

ML

Edited by NoWhiners
add info

I have only used it twice and never had an issue. both times were in florida. I would think it would be pretty difficult not to honor if you had a confirmation printed....

Stranger things have happened..you never know...better safe than sorry.

I tried it in a mock reservation just for grins--was still $40 more than Alamo thru Costco. The coupon code did save about $60 off their regular rate though.

I tried it in a mock reservation just for grins--was still $40 more than Alamo thru Costco. The coupon code did save about $60 off their regular rate though.

I found the same thing when I was pricing Budget through Costco for this past October...none of the codes poster's offered gave me a better price.

It seems sort of ironic that the rental cars that imply cost savings of some sort, seem to be the higher priced companies (Budget, Thrifty, Dollar). For the dates I checked, Enterprise and Alamo were less expensive for the same class of car.