Sky vs Celebrity Suite on Millenium

joelmarj

In my opinion it would depend on where you are going and how much time you spend on your balcony. I have sailed in the SS on the milli class ships (Infinity) and it was incredible. The cabin was nice and large enough but obvisouly not as loarge as the CS. If you enjoy being on the balcony and are going to a warm weather location, I would choose the SS. If you are going somewhere a little coller where you won't want to be outside too much especially when the ship is moving, then I would choose the CS. Hope that helps.

I have a chance for a free upgrade to either a Sky Suite or a Celebrity Suite. The trade offs are larger suite vs. balcony. Can anyone else provide pros and cons of each??? HELP QUICK!!!!!!

Depends upon the length of trip, body count, and venue... and what ship you're on! For longer Carribean runs (more than 7 days), I really like to have the veranda.

That said, the Family View is actually a $better$ deal if you don't really need a butler -- you get more cabin space (+20 sq ft), and if you're slick about it, you can get a HUGE veranda. Yup, grab a corner FV cabin (if you can even find one available), and you'll not only get the huge veranda, you'll get a lot of 'secret' storage space that would hold all the luggage you can haul aboard -- shhh. Why do I keep telling people about this? For the bang/bucks, I'd take a FV over a SS on a Millenium class ship. Not true for Galaxy and others, however, where a SS (especially on the Sky deck) can be quite an upgrade.

If it's a short cruise, or you're perfectly happy going to one of the public decks when you want to get into the great ourdoors, the CSuites are really nice. It's to the point where you won't be coming out except for air and meals.

Archived