Cabins on Aegean Odyssey

Parapara

Would someone who has travelled on this ship be able to give me information about the ordinary cabins on this ship. From pictures, I cannot see what storage there is, what sort of bed lights they have and where the TV's are situated.

Thanks.

We had an outside with a window - I think the lowest of the outside not obstructed .Do not know if that was ordinary or not. There was storage under bed and good size closet each and a stand in between the beds. The closet had pull out drawers also for storage. We put our luggage under the bed with a few other things. It was adequate for a 28 day cruise. Do not know about bigger rooms or inside. We had a chair in the room also.

Thanks, Librarian. Sorry I didn't define "ordinary" better! I meant anything other than the suites and balcony cabins and other larger ones. Your cabin sounds like the one we are getting. Can you tell me about the bed lights and where the TV is? One ship we were on - Discovery- had very inadequate bed lights at top of bed and the pillows covered it. Also the TV was nearly ceiling height and horrible to watch at that level.

Thanks again,

Jean

I believe the lights were right behind my pillow. Not certain as it has been 18 months. TV in my cabin was about 6 inches from ceiling mounted on wall on right hand side of room. We were fortunate that we had our cabin on the deck where the main office was and there is a nice sitting area there on both sides. I remember going down there and reading a bit as the seating was quite comfortable. I am a reader and cannot remember any problems with the lights especially. Now, the TV offerings were not that great so I cannot remember watching an awful lot of TV. There was a tech person who came on board towards the last of the cruise and worked on it but do not know if they succeeded. Mostly, old movies about the places we went to, lectures from the experts and I think CNN. I remember the Voyages of Discovery and the lights there. We took that ship to Antarctica and the lights were poor.

Thanks very much for the information, Librarian. Not that I usually watch a lot of TV, but quite good to be able to in comfort The layout in a similar sized ship, Minerva, is excellent for a small cabin- more than enough drawer space, bedside lights on own bedside cabinets, a desk with shelves beside and a drawer. The chest of drawers is in a corner with TV on top. Plus there is a little two seater settee and plenty of wardrobe space. Aegean Odyssey must be more like the layout in Discovery. However, the cabin isn't the reason we are travelling!

Many thanks, once again,

Jean