Website Travel Agents

Socal404

I know we're not to request specific web agents, so I'll make this as generic as possible. We are planning an Oceania cruise in 2018. O has a generous list of benefits. Do the website agents offer more than Oceania? Should I consider them, or just book through the cruiseline? I would appreciate feedback. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Every travel agent can get you anything that Oceania is promoting on their website. The difference comes down to service(some here don't realize how important this is) and any extras the agent throws in, which will vary from cruise to cruise.

Some TA's offer a bit extra + good service

You need to shop around to find the good ones :D

You can always book direct with O & transfer your booking to a TA within 30 days of your booking

Yes, some more than others. Do a search for "Oceania Cruise's Connoisseur Club."

Out of curiosity I did the search and found out our TA is one. I don't use their online booking though. I talk directly to my TA representative. For our Marina cruise in an extended B3 Veranda, we received the house select beverage package, international airfare, internet, free gratuities and $650 OBC. It was only $238pp/pd which I felt was a decent value.

Out of curiosity I did the search and found out our TA is one. I don't use their online booking though. I talk directly to my TA representative. For our Marina cruise in an extended B3 Veranda, we received the house select beverage package, international airfare, internet, free gratuities and $650 OBC. It was only $238pp/pd which I felt was a decent value.

What was the difference to what you would get booking with Oceania direct ??

That is what you need to compare

Your deal sounds good though

What was the difference to what you would get booking with Oceania direct ??

That is what you need to compare

Your deal sounds good though

Depends on his loyalty level, but if he's less than Bronze then it looks like he got Grats and $650 over what he would get booking direct.

Depends on his loyalty level, but if he's less than Bronze then it looks like he got Grats and $650 over what he would get booking direct.

Ding, Ding, Ding. Give ORV a cupie doll. :D $447 gratuities and the $650 OBC above O's perks. I'm just a lowly Blue coming late to the party.

I use a travel agency with a strong online presence, but I deal with a particular agent by email and phone. She has many years experience booking Oceania and other upper premium and luxury lines. Because her agency does huge volume with several cruise lines, they can offer more to me as a customer.

Could I suggest that you ask fellow passengers on your next cruise who they book with. Don't discuss price! Just find out what kind of perks they get and whether they are happy with the service. A good travel agent is a treasure. We would NEVER book direct.

It was a rhetorical question

Bronze you only get $200 obc per cabin no PPG with O unless there is a Promo that includes them

My TA gave me PPG before I hit Silver & still does ...

bonus for us

I use a travel agency with a strong online presence, but I deal with a particular agent by email and phone. She has many years experience booking Oceania and other upper premium and luxury lines. Because her agency does huge volume with several cruise lines, they can offer more to me as a customer.

Could I suggest that you ask fellow passengers on your next cruise who they book with. Don't discuss price! Just find out what kind of perks they get and whether they are happy with the service. A good travel agent is a treasure. We would NEVER book direct.

Excellent answer -- deal with TA who's group has a strong online presence but I deal with an individual. Get a decent rebate that could be more if I shop around but what keeps me there is the good service. Our next cruise we are getting a 5% rebate plus $1000 OBC (special OBC as they formed a group) plus our Silver benefits. So do shop around and on your next cruise ask your fellow cruisers whom they use.

• 2 months later...
Unfortunately we are not allowed to name our travel agent on this site.
Personally I am happy there is that rule. I can only imagine how conversation and these boards would be altered if promoting an agent was allowed.