Best Way to Get To Caye Caulker & Back to Carnival Breeze?

globe9

The wife and I are not up for 6+ hour long tours to Mayan ruins or cave tubing etc, but we'd like to do more than hang out at the ship dock and shop the whole day so I was thinking about going over to Caye Caulker for a few hours. I see there is a water taxi, but I've read it may not always be on schedule. To be safer, is there any other way to get to Caye Caulker? I'd even pay for a Carnival tour to guarantee we make it back to the ship on time, but I'm not seeing much.

Any ideas?

Is Coral Breeze tours good about getting us back to ship in time? What time does the tour normally depart? I've checked their website but nothing is up for October yet. Will we make it back to port area with time to spare?

Is Coral Breeze tours good about getting us back to ship in time? What time does the tour normally depart? I've checked their website but nothing is up for October yet. Will we make it back to port area with time to spare?

Yes, they are very cognizant of the ship times and will put you on a boat to CC that fits in your port schedule. We had no issues with this. They dropped us off at the cruise terminal with about 1.5 hrs till last tender. We had a blast. The boat ride out was really, really bumpy and seemed to take a long time, but the ride back was smooth and fast. I suppose it depends on the weather and wind factors.

I think you can also take a cab to the municipal airport and fly via Tropic Air. Their website has the cost and schedules but as I recall there are a few flights each day. Not as many as Ambergris Key but perhaps enough for you. And much quicker than by water.

• 2 weeks later...

We just used Coral Breeze to get over to Caye Caulker. It was easy easy and worry free. We had about 3 hours there. We rented a golf cart and went everywhere on the island and then ate and swam at the split. Thumbs up for Coral Breeze!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you can also take a cab to the municipal airport and fly via Tropic Air. Their website has the cost and schedules but as I recall there are a few flights each day. Not as many as Ambergris Key but perhaps enough for you. And much quicker than by water.

This is a good way to head to Ambergris Key, but versus a Coral Breeze tour or the water taxi, every expensive for Caye Caulker, IMO. It's a 20 minute taxi trip to the airport and 20 minutes back, so that and the cost have to be figured in as well as any time differences between Belize and your ship.