Cabin Choice Help --> Wind Spirit

Vinnyv20032003

Exciting times here as my wife and I are considering the Wind Spirit in Tahiti in just a few weeks!

I currently have an option for Cabin Category BX #109. My concerns are being close to the ship's props & being close to where the tender boats would approach.

Does anyone have insight if this is a good cabin choice? Thank you!

Exciting times here as my wife and I are considering the Wind Spirit in Tahiti in just a few weeks!

I currently have an option for Cabin Category BX #109. My concerns are being close to the ship's props & being close to where the tender boats would approach.

Does anyone have insight if this is a good cabin choice? Thank you!

We were in 109 on the Wind Star in the Caribbean and requested to be moved as the noise when doing sailing through night was too much.

Our neighbours also moved.

We spoke to fellow cruisers who were happy to use earplugs but, I am a very light sleeper.

Scroll back to June 14th where there are 18 responses to this same question. :)

Vinnyv20032003... update us upon your return... We are looking to go in March... have room 231 booked!. Would love to hear about your trip and have you share any tips you picked up while on your trip. ENJOY

We were in 109 on the Wind Star in the Caribbean and requested to be moved as the noise when doing sailing through night was too much.

Our neighbours also moved.

We spoke to fellow cruisers who were happy to use earplugs but, I am a very light sleeper.

Scroll back to June 14th where there are 18 responses to this same question. :)

When you say your neighbors moved also, which neighbors do you mean, specifically? Both next door neighbors? Across the hall as well? I'm compiling a list of noisy cabins and this information will really help. Thanks!

When you say your neighbors moved also, which neighbors do you mean, specifically? Both next door neighbors? Across the hall as well? I'm compiling a list of noisy cabins and this information will really help. Thanks!

We were in 109 and our neighbouring cabin, 111, also requested being moved.

People opposite said they were used to using ear plugs.

We are not.

When the ship was running through the night, it was a problem for some people who were light sleepers!

You will definitely here the low buzzing of the engines in 109. I just got off this ship and walked from the bow to stern along deck 1 when the ship was underway and the sound was definitely noticeable towards the stern. You could move to the same category cabin towards the bow of the ship if you think the noise would bother you.

Booked Cabin 140 - forward, on the Windstar - very quiet vs stern which definitely had noise while underway. Cabin 140 is actually midship as staff quarters are in front. Booked the exact same cabin for this year's cruise as well. And it is the least expensive category!

We were in 109 and our neighbouring cabin, 111, also requested being moved.

People opposite said they were used to using ear plugs.

We are not.

When the ship was running through the night, it was a problem for some people who were light sleepers!

thanks for the info!

Booked Cabin 140 - forward, on the Windstar - very quiet vs stern which definitely had noise while underway. Cabin 140 is actually midship as staff quarters are in front. Booked the exact same cabin for this year's cruise as well. And it is the least expensive category!

Great info! Thanks.

• 8 months later...

I remember reading one review of cabin 140 saying there was some noise from the bilge pump, so it's good to hear that Kayakcove had no issues with that cabin last year.

I have seen only positive reviews of cabins 136, 133 and 139. We are booked in cabin 138 for the November 16 sailing and my Windstar agent said she had no complaints on record for that cabin (fingers crossed!).

Just be aware that if you have an odd-numbered cabin your portholes will be just a few feet from the dock when you dock at Raiatea, so remember to close your drapes the night before, LOL!