Any experiences with waitlist on inside cabins for Transatlantics

happy cruzer

Hi, I spotted a transatlantic cruise for next year but the cabins that I afford are only the outside and inside ones and with Olife included airfare. Yes, I'm cheap. :)

Anyone have an opinion if a waitlist would clear? Any experiences with the less expensive cabin waitlists?

Thanks in advance.

I think people have mentioned on other threads that you never know what will clear and what won't. It can depend on the itinerary alone. Is this a very popular itinerary? If so, people may be more reluctant to take offers to move to another cruise which would make your chances not so good.

What I guess I'm saying is that there is no definitive answer to your question! If you can wait and see, that's what I would do if I were in your situation.

Others (including me) have mentioned that you can help yourself by paying the deposit now rather than waiting. Sometimes that doesn't matter, but other times it can make a difference.

Good luck!

Mura

Yes I did read the other threads that seemed to be about the expensive cabins/suites. I think if I can get on the waitlist today with deposit I will give it a try.

Do you get to book with perks offered if you clear the wait list while they are still offered on the other non- waitlisted cabins?

Thanks for sharing.

I had issue booking inside for a 2018 Cuba cruise since all were shown as waitlisted for OLIFE package. Got booked thru TA for inside with OLIFE benefits except airfare and will be booking airfare later. Current airfare and the price different between full OLIFE pkg and what I bought was the same as current price of airfare. I was really happy and a little posed that cruiseline rep didn't offer that option. They no longer show this option in marketing materials but now know it does still exist as an option to check out.

Cherie

OK - thanks to everyone (in this thread and all the other threads about wait lists and booking :) ) for the advice. I did find a high volume TA doing the Connisseur search mentioned in another thread. She did get me a guarantee of a category that is shown as waitlist on all the websites with OLife perks. I am happy happy..... Your sharing your experiences kept me from giving up.

Thank you.